Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I nearly pissed myself laughing when she said Home Alone after the audio clip of The Shining!!!!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I nearly pissed myself laughing when she said Home Alone after the audio clip of The Shining!!!!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Next week: a contestant mixes up Toy Story and A Clockwork Orange:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

This morning, the Doc was on discussing premature ejaculation...serious stuff. reading aloud one of the letter, where the guy says something like "I was coming to the conclusion.." or " when I cam to my girlfriends.." Ray, with ref to the letter, say "there is a lot of come in there", a comment the doc ingnored. Will that be in the podcast??

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    This morning, the Doc was on discussing premature ejaculation...serious stuff. reading aloud one of the letter, where the guy says something like "I was coming to the conclusion.." or " when I cam to my girlfriends.." Ray, with ref to the letter, say "there is a lot of come in there", a comment the doc ingnored. Will that be in the podcast??

He is always like that, it was the same with the day they were discussing testicular cancer just another excuse for Ray to make immature jokes. He should not be allowed do interviews of this nature.

Also when he reads the paper in the morning its always "Jaysus lads we are fecked no way out of this mess, government useless we need leadership etc etc etc" yet as soon as a tax or a cut is mentioned he starts going on" Jaysus lads will ya look at how far from reality the government is, we cant afford anymore cuts".

Does he expect the government to just wave a wand and decrease the deficit while throwing fifty billion into mental health while they are at it.

He is a complete parody of himself and I really think he sees himself as a political powerhouse that strikes the fear of Vincent Browne into politicians !!

Ray, leave the economic policy and current events to the experts and stick to what you are good at, that being an Irish Cilla Black.

What's worse is, he admonishes Will or Mairead or even a text that's sent in for making a smutty joke, yet he's at it himself the whole time!!! Total double-standards. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

jaysus, he is in top form today. while discussing Arthurs Mrphy's record, Will sez (jokingly) "was that back when the records were square?" and Ray sez "records were always round". Later on discussing Transvestites and trying to remember one of the names, Will sez " I think it was Patrick Fitzpatrick" and Ray, wise as always sez " That was his stage name". and its only 11.10!!!!

jaysus, he is in top form today. while discussing Arthurs Mrphy's record, Will sez (jokingly) "was that back when the records were square?" and Ray sez "records were always round". Later on discussing Transvestites and trying to remember one of the names, Will sez " I think it was Patrick Fitzpatrick" and Ray, wise as always sez " That was his stage name". and its only 11.10!!!!

How is it that he hasn't gotten Will's sense of humour by now. :confused::o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

*says*

Fred Funk, I dont understand *says*.......is this some form of correction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Fred Funk, I dont understand *says*.......is this some form of correction?

Yes - It's 'says', not 'sez'

• Advertisement

Synode, thanks for that, I did not realise. I am surprised you did not pick up on incorrect spelling of Jesus! I guess some of us on these boards have a bit more time on hands than others, but if you are going to start correcting spellings, you really need to get out more. I can assure you, If and when I require lessons in spellings, grammar etc, I will not be seeking it on Boards.ie. I consider these things light hearted banter among like minded people...............no need to be so anal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Synode, thanks for that, I did not realise. I am surprised you did not pick up on incorrect spelling of Jesus! I guess some of us on these boards have a bit more time on hands than others, but if you are going to start ucorrecting spellings, you really need to get out more. I can assure you, If and when I require lessons in spellings, grammar etc, I will not be seeking it on Boards.ie. I consider these things light hearted banter among like minded people...............no need to be so anal!!
    It's text speak, which is generally frowned upon on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

BaZmO* wrote: »

so is grammer nazi and back seated mod. ooops. lets move on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

swiftman wrote: »

so is grammer nazi and back seated mod. ooops. lets move on
    I'm not back seat modding, you said you didn't understand. I was just explaining it to you. If you've got a problem with my explanation you know where the report button is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

I see Mairead is claiming the Ballymun team in the All Ireland Final on sunday is the same team she had for Celebrity Bainesteoir a couple of years ago, she actually was involved with their second team she had nothing to do with the team on sunday. Pedantic I know but I had to get it off my chest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

JM Skipton wrote: »
    I see Mairead is claiming the Ballymun team in the All Ireland Final on sunday is the same team she had for Celebrity Bainesteoir a couple of years ago, she actually was involved with their second team she had nothing to do with the team on sunday. Pedantic I know but I had to get it off my chest
    Ah right thought it was some achievement alright considering they were only junior/intermediate at the time

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Frowned upon? by whom exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

By The Man, man…

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Everyone. It's generally considered poor manners, as well as being hard to read.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What song were they comparing Ludovico Einaudi piano with?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdDDY5nVA3A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

It must be last November or so since I last tuned into his show. I was getting sick of it. I actually left Today FM as couldn't stand Ray Foley either and only found out recently he'd left Today FM!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Sully wrote: »
    What song were they comparing Ludovico Einaudi piano with?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdDDY5nVA3A

which ever way he picked it out, he was bang on 100% right.

check this out about 0.32

Ha ha ha ha ha, go on lads, who was it?? Who is the 16 stone, 6 and a half foot firefighter who had a tear in his eye? I nearly choked on my water laughing!!

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

Ha ha ha ha ha, go on lads, who was it?? Who is the 16 stone, 6 and a half foot firefighter who had a tear in his eye? I nearly choked on my water laughing!!

Sounds similar to me ;)

Ray corrected his last guest on what we say for mall, Autumn and how we pronounce vitimin. He really is so irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

Just turned on the radio for KC. Who or what was that screeching at the end of the show? Maybe I am just getting old but that sounded brutal to me. :-\

I was not using text speak....I simply used "sez" in lieu of "says" , as in"sez you aul was to my aul wan" type of thing.....its not exactly of mile of smiley faces. apologies if it upset you.
    Zaph wrote: »
    Everyone. It's generally considered poor manners, as well as being hard to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

renofan wrote: »
    It must be last November or so since I last tuned into his show. I was getting sick of it. I actually left Today FM as couldn't stand Ray Foley either and only found out recently he'd left Today FM!

Ya, I was delighted that Foley was on such a long holiday :). Never listened to KC on Red FM in Cork but I must say it's a so uplifting not having Foley's smug w@nker voice in the middle of the day. The KC show is actually funny aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Laughed at that too, surely someone is taking the mick ? Maybe all these huge dudes are sitting around the roadsides crying as a result of a side affect of steroid abuse. Funny nonetheless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

every time they have a Sad item on there's someone in tears in a van,kitchen, toilet,truck,etc etc and they read their texts out all the time.

by the way is ZAPH god/the man?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

Any idea who the American lady was that was in the studio singing this morning? I didn't catch her name but she sounded lovely when she was speaking and singing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement