Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Ya, I was delighted that Foley was on such a long holiday :). Never listened to KC on Red FM in Cork but I must say it's a so uplifting not having Foley's smug w@nker voice in the middle of the day. The KC show is actually funny aswell.

l love KC, hes a really laid back, down to earth sound guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Conbhar wrote: »
    Any idea who the American lady was that was in the studio singing this morning? I didn't catch her name but she sounded lovely when she was speaking and singing.

Grace Potter I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Yah, Grace Potter and The Nocturnal, although the full band wasn't there today.

Did anyone else notice Ray laughing away after Grace Potter said double-fisting, he tried to blame Mairead for laughing first, but c'mon, he was slagging off double entendres and innuendos etc last week. Like myself and Michael Weston pointed out on the previous page, hypocrisy!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

Cheers guys, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

ANOTHER 'so how did you come out as gay'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

I've only realised since starting work again in January how irritating RD truly is. Honestly thought I had changed as I remembered it being a bit more craic in the past, but reading post on here has affirmed that it is indeed going downhill. He's always on some sort of crusade, and while they are good causes for the most part, it just comes across like he's trying waaaay too hard. And when he starts screaming into the mic like "look how mad and fun I am" I just feel like punching the radio.

He's been going on about Ludovico Einaudi for over a week now like he himself seen him playing the piano up an alley some day and is solely responsible for bringing his music to peoples ears. Then he interviews the guy and right after the interview plays some muck from The Wanted, yer man must have wondered what he had signed up for doing the interview.

I actually dread having to listen the the tit in the morning. It's on all morning in work and nothing I can do about it. I feel like the depressed priest on the bus in that Father Ted episode, relatively happy on the way in to work most mornings until d'Arcy sucks the life out of me for 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Skerry, I hear you,

He has Drag queens on now and of all the interesting questions one could come up with, he still manages to ask "what height are you? " its only a matter of time before he announces he has a kids........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

I've switched over to Newstalk for Tom Dunne until KC comes on. I've been meaning to do it for a while but after yet another dose of RD's weird humming at the end of a song yesterday I just couldn't hack it anymore. Been listening on and off for around 10 years.

Darcy: Fumbling with your mixing desk and other things does not endear you to your listeners. Neither does having in an Agony Aunt to do an advice section, and then talking over her to give your own advice. Also, Mairéad is not indicative of 20 to 30 something year old women in Ireland and I can imagine that like me, many others find the urge to scratch their own eyes out sometimes overwhelming when she's talking.

There's alot more I could say, but previously having been a fan of the show I won't out of respect. WTF has happened? Was it never very good but we just didn't notice? Is it (dare I say it?) the absence of Jenny Kelly? I wasn't fond of her on the show but did she bring a balance which was lost after she left?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Skerry, I hear you,

He has Drag queens on now and of all the interesting questions one could come up with, he still manages to ask "what height are you? " its only a matter of time before he announces he has a kids........

He'll be inviting them to a half marathon any minute now. Banging on again on how the Passenger song is similar to Ludovico one, won't be happy until he has the poor lad from Passenger in court, tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

skerry wrote: »
    He'll be inviting them to a half marathon any minute now. Banging on again on how the Passenger song is similar to Ludovico one, won't be happy until he has the poor lad from Passenger in court, tit.

To be fair though, I think Passenger has a duty to come on the D'Arcy Show and answer some questions to the people of Ireland! :rolleyes:

Happy to say I've been virtually D'Arcy free since the new year. Tom Dunne may be bland at times, but at least he's a likable person. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Heard him for 5 minutes earlier this morning, he was trying his hardest not to ask the guy who designed the bowl for Obama how much he got for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I've never heard him press the wrong buttons so many times in 1 show and I'm only listening since 11.15

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

This is not a go at the Ray Darcy show only and this is likely to be fairly unpopular but here goes anyway.

Was listening to Darcy yesterday and he interviewed the family of that poor girl who was murdered in Japan.

Now I know its a very topical story but I couldnt help but feel that both the parents and sister of that girl and the Irish media in general need to step back a little. The family were hours after hearing the verdict/sentence of the man who killed their daughter/sister and they were on the Ray Darcy show for almost 20 minutes. The sister spoke of her wish to only hear the mans name "if he tops himself in prison".

The family are after being through the mill but have been pictured posing in every paper and I have heard them interviewed on 4 different radio shows. No doubt Tubs will have them on this or next Friday night, and Brendan O Connor in a few more weeks.

My heart goes out to them but I cant help the feeling they should give the media a wide berth for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mountain

Heard him for 5 minutes earlier this morning, he was trying his hardest not to ask the guy who designed the bowl for Obama how much he got for it.

I heard that too, he just managed to hold himself back...

BPKS wrote: »
    The family are after being through the mill but have been pictured posing in every paper and I have heard them interviewed on 4 different radio shows. No doubt Tubs will have them on this or next Friday night, and Brendan O Connor in a few more weeks.

My heart goes out to them but I cant help the feeling they should give the media a wide berth for a while.

I found it very odd aswell, it's probably some sort of shock but I have a feeling they will all find it very difficult to deal with once the media dies down. I find it stranger still that nobody seems to have mentioned this before...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I found it very odd aswell, it's probably some sort of shock but I have a feeling they will all find it very difficult to deal with once the media dies down. I find it stranger still that nobody seems to have mentioned this before...
    It's because they felt left down & abandoned by the Japanese judicial system, they don't feel they have gotten justice, so if they wish to say that on the Ray D'arcy show, why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Another video. I didn't mind the Homeland one but I couldn't watch it all, too cringy.

Lelantos wrote: »
    It's because they felt left down & abandoned by the Japanese judicial system, they don't feel they have gotten justice, so if they wish to say that on the Ray D'arcy show, why not.

Yes but it wasn't just the Ray D'arcy show, they were on almost every radio station and newspaper, interviewed countless times by various journalists/ presenters and there were a few journalists in Japan also interviewed by the Irish media.

I agree it's a terrible disgrace and the animal deserves a much longer sentence, in fact I completely empathise with their other daughter's statement about him topping himself, but I just hope for their own sakes that when everything goes quiet they are able to cope with it.

Compare it to an even more heinous outcome in the Michaela Mcareavy case in Mauritius, I don't believe her husband or any of her immediate family spoke to the media once so it was just odd to hear them so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

that video is so wrong, i never watched love/hate so no idea whats ment to be about.

did you notice mairead's run was a bit fast forwarded to make her fat ass seem to go faster. you notice it due to the girl walking

Yes but it wasn't just the Ray D'arcy show, they were on almost every radio station and newspaper, interviewed countless times by various journalists/ presenters and there were a few journalists in Japan also interviewed by the Irish media.

I agree it's a terrible disgrace and the animal deserves a much longer sentence, in fact I completely empathise with their other daughter's statement about him topping himself, but I just hope for their own sakes that when everything goes quiet they are able to cope with it.

Compare it to an even more heinous outcome in the Michaela Mcareavy case in Mauritius, I don't believe her husband or any of her immediate family spoke to the media once so it was just odd to hear them so much.
    Different strokes for different folks. They remained quiet after her death, during the trial & now feel its time to speak out. They've had a year to cope with her death, so I think once the anger dissipates over the lenient sentence they'll be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

swiftman wrote: »
    that video is so wrong, i never watched love/hate so no idea whats ment to be about.

did you notice mairead's run was a bit fast forwarded to make her fat ass seem to go faster. you notice it due to the girl walking

You are seriously deluded if you think Mairead has a fat a$$.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Swiftman...a bridge too far
    swiftman wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

i never had an opportunity get a look at her arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

wyrn wrote: »
    Another video. I didn't mind the Homeland one but I couldn't watch it all, too cringy.

What the hell did he need a script for??? He said about five lines and it was total muck, why does he keep doing these videos? Is it just me or do people actually find them entertaining ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Different strokes for different folks. They remained quiet after her death, during the trial & now feel its time to speak out. They've had a year to cope with her death, so I think once the anger dissipates over the lenient sentence they'll be ok.
    Lenient sentence? Did he not get the maximum sentence permissible under Japanese law due to him being classed as a minor? Surely the family knew this was the case before the trial started?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Lenient sentence? Did he not get the maximum sentence permissible under Japanese law due to him being classed as a minor? Surely the family knew this was the case before the trial started?
    No, they were led to believe that the case would be tried in a high court where stiffer sentences can be meted out. Then they were told it was being tried in a district court. They had no input obviously, on this decision, but they can rightly feel aggrieved at the treatment they received

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

No, they were led to believe that the case would be tried in a high court where stiffer sentences can be meted out. Then they were told it was being tried in a district court. They had no input obviously, on this decision, but they can rightly feel aggrieved at the treatment they received

Ah fair enough so. Wasn't following it that closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

23557632.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Laugh? I thought I'd never start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Laugh? I thought I'd never start

he's a method actor. That's what all the sighs have been building up to.
    It made for fairly cringy watching. You'd think from listening to comments on his show and reading comments on FB that it was the best thing ever created.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement