Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

PaulieC wrote: »
    he's a method actor. That's what all the sighs have been building up to.
    It made for fairly cringy watching. You'd think from listening to comments on his show and reading comments on FB that it was the best thing ever created.

You do wonder about the mentality of people who say "its the funniest thing they're ever seen" or more likely Ray was making up the positive reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I'd say he would jump at the chance to be in Lawv/Hate, then he could say to interviewees that he "does a bit of acting/running/rugby/cooking/TV work/ etc etc"
    pookiesboo wrote: »
    You do wonder about the mentality of people who say "its the funniest thing they're ever seen" or more likely Ray was making up the positive reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Ray is in today's Fit magazine talking about the 5k Run with Ray. Apparently he has two kids - Kate (6) and Tom (nine months). Didn' tknow that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Ray is in today's Fit magazine talking about the 5k Run with Ray. Apparently he has two kids - Kate (6) and Tom (nine months). Didn' tknow that

He has two kids?! I never heard him mention it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What?! Ray runs?!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

I feel sorry for Ted the dog he never mentions him

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

That Love/hate parody... Who finds it funny? Indo reports that his army of fans are in stitches! I despair. Lost for words I am, due to incandescent rage... Its not even funny!!!!

Will admit though I liked the Niall Quinn interview today. I like Niall Quinn, he seems so nice, I could listen to anyone interview him...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

thalia_13 wrote: »
    That Love/hate parody... Who finds it funny? Indo reports that his army of fans are in stitches! I despair. Lost for words I am, due to incandescent rage... Its not even funny!!!!

Will admit though I liked the Niall Quinn interview today. I like Niall Quinn, he seems so nice, I could listen to anyone interview him...

It's horses for courses I suppose. I think Niall Quinn is a f*ckin geebag. A Darcy/Quinn interview sounds like my worst nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

Kate said "scone".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Why do people listen to Ray if they dislike him so much? If i dont like a radio presenter ( i.e Dave Fanning - cant stand him ), I dont listen to his show! :confused:

• Advertisement

In my case, I dont have a choice, it's beyond my control. Ray has kids, funny he never mentions that on the show...............
    max life wrote: »
    Why do people listen to Ray if they dislike him so much? If i dont like a radio presenter ( i.e Dave Fanning - cant stand him ), I dont listen to his show! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

From the radio forum charter:
    CONTENT OF POSTS
    "Off-topic" posts may be edited (to remove off-topic content) or deleted by moderators at their discretion. Offenders may be infracted or banned depending on the severity of the offense. Posts and threads considered off-topic include (but are not restricted to):
    those which deviate substantially from the original topic of the thread
    those of the “if you don’t like it, change the channel” variety

those which exist in order to get around radio station competition rules by giving out answers to competition questions
    those about the moderation of the forum
    Both pro- and anti- show opinions are equally welcome. Therefore, anyone who greets a post praising [Presenter X] with "Hi [Presenter X]" gets a one day ban - no exceptions.
    We are NOT in competition with other radio forums or web sites and we have no wish to be. Unfair negative comments on the administration or moderation policies of other radio forums or web sites will be deleted and further action may be taken against the person who posts them.

...so wind your neck in son! :p

In all seriousness, most people giving out about the show have at one time or another really liked the show and hate the direction it has taken the last year or so. Ray can be great craig, but it's getting harder and harder to remember what that was like. :(

Also, a lot of people are in offices where they have no control over the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Unfortunately I have no choice in the matter, it's on in work and there's Sh&te all I can do about it except endure the tripe he bangs on about for 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

sh30fG0.jpg

"Ray... what's wrong?!"

"I... just got a Today FM memo. They're... they're adding another button next to Stop and Eject! I'm ruined! It'll take me 'til Tony f'cking Fenton to figure out how to put Paolo Nutini on!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

skerry wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have no choice in the matter, it's on in work and there's Sh&te all I can do about it except endure the tripe he bangs on about for 3 hours.
    Yup.

What the show really needs for a week or two is a male presenter. Its like radio womens weekly these days.

Used be a fan but plug in the ipod now for 3 hours:mad:

He was chatting to some GAA footballer a few mins ago and I overheard Ray asking him "as a famous footballer in Kerry, you must have had the pick o' the women?" Jesus, on top of everything else he seems to turning in to a bit of a lech.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Just there: ray genuienly perpelxed: whats your core?(in excerise terms) idiot.

& a minute later, woman: im not really attracted to six packs. Ray: in a man or a woman?

I'm sitting right beside the radio in work & im fit to explode listening to this moron. He comes out with frankly bizarre statements sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

He asked Nathan in sports if Irish footballer Conor Sammon was bald and what height was he. Is Ray taking the piss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

i miss gerry ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I'm not tuning in this week. I don't particularly care for running. I know it's good for you but my god, it's for me and that's ok. I'd forgotten this morning it was the start of running week and tuned in, only to hear that they are having a press up week too.

I'll turn it back on when Anton fills in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Reginald D. Hunter made a real twat out of him there!

Lets all join the fake lauging

Hehehehehehehee

Hee

Laois_Man wrote: »
    In fairness, Ray was doing a good enough job of it himself. Why does he constantly think it's a good idea to tell an interviewee "a little bit about himself"? It's of no relevance to anything. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Best line from Reg D was "I see you brought your top interviewer out today" also laughed my head off at the John Eagleton(Met Eireann) interview about the weather earlier John sounded so depressed when describing how the weather has been for the past year think he really needs some sunlight:D

Ray "Yeah, 45 is middleaged, I expect to live to 90, so 90 divided by 2 is 45"
    Ray "you dont tell jokes" RDH "yes I do, have you even seen my show?"
    Ray " yeah but not like Hal Roach"
    Christ on a bike!!!!

ray keeps asking questions, and when his his victim has half an answer our, Ray interrupts with "When I" or "what I do is" I, Me Me me Me...

Laois_Man wrote: »

Lets all join the fake lauging

Hehehehehehehee

Hee

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

mairead throwing her toys out of the pram saying she's not running.

talk about that off line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

That RDH interview was painful to listen too, from the very first word to the last.

Was in stitches when RDH said im amazed a man with such low self esteem has made it this far :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

Does he not have any social skills? He keeps pushing PJ Gallagher about his birth and when he was clearly uncomfortable. Bloody hell. I know he is obsessed with adoption, but he seems to have no idea that it would be a sensitive issue with people.

Does he not have any social skills? He keeps pushing PJ Gallagher about his birth and when he was clearly uncomfortable. Bloody hell. I know he is obsessed with adoption, but he seems to have no idea that it would be a sensitive issue with people.
    I'm just amazed that he never knows when or where to push or leave a topic alone when interviewing someone.

He was interviewing someone earlier and he kept interrupting him, so much so that the guy actually said that he'd lost his train if thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

How far into the show is his interview with Reg D. Hunter?
    If i remember correctly Reg was pretty smart with him last year saying he was like a child laughing at something that wasn't a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

eisenberg1 wrote: »

ray keeps asking questions, and when his his victim has half an answer our, Ray interrupts with "When I" or "what I do is" I, Me Me me Me...

This !!

I listened to the interview in the car today, couldnt get over the amounts of "I" and "me" and "we" being used. seriously Ray You are interviewing them, not telling them stories about you.

That said it was funny the way that Reg D just toyed with him!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement