Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Shelflife wrote: »

This !!

I listened to the interview in the car today, couldnt get over the amounts of "I" and "me" and "we" being used. seriously Ray You are interviewing them, not telling them stories about you.

That said it was funny the way that Reg D just toyed with him!
    Didnt hear the interview although Im a big reg fan. Reg tends to let idiot interviewers be idiots, and humours them all the way! in the end he has a chuckle to himself and the interview feels great about themselves. Am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mountain

I heard that interview this morning, enjoyed it so much I had to listen to again just now,

Ray made a complete fool of himself, Reg really showed him up, some of Rays questions were awful, as mentioned earlier, the one about middle age,
    and then when he suggested that Reg didnt tell jokes.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Ah jaysus this is what ya miss when ya switch over :rolleyes: what time was it on at?

fifi234ie wrote: »
    Ah jaysus this is what ya miss when ya switch over :rolleyes: what time was it on at?

its in part 2 of the playback, about 28 mins or so into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just listened back to the Reg D interview as I wasn't really listening in work. Absolutely hilarious, but in an Alan Partridge type way. Well worth a listen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

It was both brilliant and cringeworthy at the same time.

The most hilarious thing ray has unintentionally done in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 icelime

I particularly liked the reading question that he plucked from god knows where...
    Ray: "Do you ever walk into a library and feel inadequate because you'll never be able to read ALL of the books?"
    RDH: "No"

What does be going on in his head, I just do not know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Just listened back to the Reg D interview as I wasn't really listening in work. Absolutely hilarious, but in an Alan Partridge type way. Well worth a listen.

It's like the aural equivalent of watching the Office. Toe curling stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,930 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Louise Duffy in for ray today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Agreed, that was a really strange comment. Freud would have a field day with that one............add that to always going on about his height and baldness. defo inadequacy probs there.
    icelime wrote: »
    I particularly liked the reading question that he plucked from god knows where...
    Ray: "Do you ever walk into a library and feel inadequate because you'll never be able to read ALL of the books?"
    RDH: "No"

What does be going on in his head, I just do not know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Agreed, that was a really strange comment. Freud would have a field day with that one............add that to always going on about his height and baldness. defo inadequacy probs there.

Though it pains me to defend him, he was sitting in a library at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Ray, the most unreligious man in Ireland, has taken good friday off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

He is also getting married in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

He is also getting married in August.

I know plenty of non-religious people that have gotten married. What's the problem with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

Addle wrote: »
    Though it pains me to defend him, he was sitting in a library at the time.
    And in answer to the question about what he was reading at the time, RDH had just quipped that he was reading nothing at the moment, because he had read 'em all. So there was a sort of logic to it. But again it seemed like another ill-prepared one side interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,930 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well every other regular weekday presenter was off as well bar Louise Duffy so can't really have a go at him for that.

Come back Ray, all is......actually its not. The guy standing in is almost as bad as Ray! I am beginning to think it is the whole show (format) I have a problem with.
    Perhaps the presenter(s) dont have any say in who they have on the show to interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I doubt Anton does anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

yeah to rejoice in the death of jesus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Come back Ray, all is......actually its not. The guy standing in is almost as bad as Ray! I am beginning to think it is the whole show (format) I have a problem with.
    Perhaps the presenter(s) dont have any say in who they have on the show to interview?

As far as radio stations go they do have some really interesting people on to be interviewed at that time of the day, its the presenters interviewing them that's the problem IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

In fairness, he went on air for an interview with Phil Cawley, acted as MC before the Phoenix Park 5Km race, made sure all the preparations were going alright and ran as Pacemaker during the run.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I think Anton is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Is it just me or is Mairead more happy and flirtatious with Anton around?

I think so too, there is no danger of Anton being short or rude with her, like Ray sometimes is

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

She always is when he's filling in...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I listened to the first half hour of Anton this morning and I laughed more than I have from listening to Ray over the last year.

I loved the way he was comparing the irish claiming everybody as one of us :Dto the Mormons baptisting dead people and also about the sex act that sounds like our national airline

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

mountain wrote: »
    I think so too, there is no danger of Anton being short or rude with her, like Ray sometimes is

Ray will be short with everyone.

Geddit? :D

If you really want to be pushed over the edge, have a listen to the guy standing in for For Joe Duffy this week, damien someone or other. I wonder who he is related to?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

ray and john duggan what a disaster. cant see they talk at all outside that 5mins. both are two people who think they are better then they are.

i liked how ray told john that a broken clock is right twice a day. calling john a tipster is a joke, didnt even break even with cheltheman.

now he asked first clue without testing the buzzers.

• Advertisement

Heard him this morning saying that he really would like to interview Tom Cruise,

so that he could "interrogate him over Scientology"!!!

Ray Darcy, asking the questions no one else will!!!

More likely to ask "so Tom, how tall are you?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement