Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mountain wrote: »
    Heard him this morning saying that he really would like to interview Tom Cruise,

so that he could "interrogate him over Scientology"!!!

Ray Darcy, asking the questions no one else will!!!

More likely to ask "so Tom, how tall are you?"
    Ray: so scientology?
    Tom: you have kids?
    Ray: waffle waffle katie waffle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Heard him this morning saying that he really would like to interview Tom Cruise,

Ray "Tom, when in training for films, do you do a bit of runnin, cyclin, cookin, rugby? by the way, did you see my Nidge impersonation?

Earlier he has some interior designer on and again with the finishing of sentences of his victims.

The guy mentioned people who put flat screen TV's over the fire, Ray thought this was "ridickless".

Serious perspective required here, it may be considered foolish to ride a motorbike without a helmet, or wear sandals at the North Pole, but putting your telly over the fireplace!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Heard that too. He said something along the lines of uncomfortable-ness maybe isn't a bad thing in an interview!!

Figures!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

He's probably dusting off his notes from the Healy-Rae (drink-driving permit) interview, yeah he'll kick Toms ass alright!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Michael Harding on now with Ray, have to say very enjoyable guest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Is Jenny back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭De Bhál

yeah

Phil cawleys on now – I'm not a fan

He’s going to have Robbie Williams on 20mins so he asked the news/weather/traffic girl if she had any question she would like asked. She said not really.
    He goes ‘how about the fact he’s a new dad, maybe something about parenthood?’ ….she’s says no she doesn’t really care about ppl like that and their parenthood as they probably have an army of helpers.

So Phil goes ‘well I guess it wouldn’t be his parenthood you’d be interested in!!!?’

Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

De Bhál wrote: »

He’s going to have Robbie Williams on 20mins so he asked the news/weather/traffic girl if she had any question she would like asked. She said not really.
    He goes ‘how about the fact he’s a new dad, maybe something about parenthood?’ ….she’s says no she doesn’t really care about ppl like that and their parenthood as they probably have an army of helpers.

So Phil goes ‘well I guess it wouldn’t be his parenthood you’d be interested in!!!?’

Christ

For all the complaining about D'Arcy, Cawley is a woeful DJ. A real Smashy & Nicey dinosaur. Amazed he's lasted this long on Today FM. Probably down to the fact that he's available to fill in for any show at the drop of a hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

BaZmO* wrote: »
    For all the complaining about D'Arcy, Cawley is a woeful DJ. A real Smashy & Nicey dinosaur. Amazed he's lasted this long on Today FM. Probably down to the fact that he's available to fill in for any show at the drop of a hat.

He's absolutely desperate. You can smell his desperate desire to be liked wafting off the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'll not hear a bad word said against Friday Night 80's... :mad: :P

the interview is even worse that I imagined with willams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

De Bhál wrote: »

Christ

Maybe the next time they can have a "Lovely girl" contest...

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dixierip

Ah Jenny Kelly back. I really like her and think she adds alot to the show. She takes Ray down from his high horse when necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I acknowledge this is obviously a personal grievance but Ireland has been a fully metric country since 2005. A national radio station DJ using imperial units is head wrecking. Stop using inches and feet and miles.***

***The Irish pint or 570ml doesn't bother me...

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

dixierip wrote: »
    Ah Jenny Kelly back. I really like her and think she adds alot to the show. She takes Ray down from his high horse when necessary.

Horrible listening to them.

Anyone else delighted with the fact that the BAI's new code of conduct for broadcasters will prevent the arrogant Mr Darcy from expressing his personal opinions on controversial items / items under public debate?

Im sure he will find it most difficult to remain impartial, and we all know the topics that will have him biting his tongue in frustration.

Its about time.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Deedsie wrote: »
    I acknowledge this is obviously a personal grievance but Ireland has been a fully metric country since 2005. A national radio station DJ using imperial units is head wrecking. Stop using inches and feet and miles.***

***The Irish pint or 570ml doesn't bother me...

feet and inches for measurement has been metric since 1970 !!!!

it was only the last conversion from miles to kilometres on our roads which occurred in 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

sydthebeat wrote: »
    feet and inches for measurement has been metric since 1970 !!!!

it was only the last conversion from miles to kilometres on our roads which occurred in 2005

Yes, that's why I said "fully" metric since 2005

• Advertisement

Anyone else delighted with the fact that the BAI's new code of conduct for broadcasters will prevent the arrogant Mr Darcy from expressing his personal opinions on controversial items / items under public debate?

Im sure he will find it most difficult to remain impartial, and we all know the topics that will have him biting his tongue in frustration.

Its about time.

Will that make him stop talking about babies? Jesus I though my ears would bleed earlier when he asks Amy huberman "and does the little one sleep thru the night?" Is he for real?? For a comparison, go to you tube, look for "SMINKY SHHORTS" and check out the "lovely donkey
    " clip...or should that be Dunkey, per ray

sadly no, but you cant have everything i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Will that make him stop talking about babies? Jesus I though my ears would bleed earlier when he asks Amy huberman "and does the little one sleep thru the night?" Is he for real?? For a comparison, go to you tube, look for "SMINKY SHHORTS" and check out the "lovely donkey
    " clip...or should that be Dunkey, per ray

He also got a question about her height in too.

I'd suggest playing D'Arcy Bingo, with words like Kids, Height, Money, Mammy, Church, when he's interviewing someone but it'd be a pointless game as he nearly always mentions the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mountain

BaZmO* wrote: »
    He also got a question about her height in too.

I'd suggest playing D'Arcy Bingo, with words like Kids, Height, Money, Mammy, Church, when he's interviewing someone but it'd be a pointless game as he nearly always mentions the lot.

the question about height was "are you taller than Tom Cruise"?
    he also asked her "did Tom smell nice"?

If he had the chance to chat with Tom himself he was going to queston him about Scientology, then he is asking Amy Huberman the above questions about Tom,

Please Ray, just stick to Dating, Odd one out, and fix it friday, nice safe ground for you

• Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the question about height was "are you taller than Tom Cruise"?
    he also asked her "did Tom smell nice"?

If he had the chance to chat with Tom himself he was going to queston him about Scientology, then he is asking Amy Huberman the above questions about Tom,

Please Ray, just stick to Dating, Odd one out, and fix it friday, nice safe ground for you
    Ray: Amy....is Tom crusie nice in person?
    Amy: Yes
    Ray: good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Well Ray wants to be at the centre of attention as usual with this medical "test" he is doing tomorrow, but does not want the doctor to reveal the results until

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Seriously could he be any more of a nob. Has a girl on there who put an advert out for Reiki massage and she ended up getting calls from a series of pervs asking for nudey massages and the likes. Ray has her on and the first thing he thinks of doing is trying to put her on the spot asking questions like "Is it scientifically proven to work" and making statements like "surely there's some sort of placebo effect". What an arse, women takes the time out to go on his show and best he can do is try and defame her profession.

skerry wrote: »
    Seriously could he be any more of a nob. Has a girl on there who put an advert out for Reiki massage and she ended up getting calls from a series of pervs asking for nudey massages and the likes. Ray has her on and the first thing he thinks of doing is trying to put her on the spot asking questions like "Is it scientifically proven to work" and making statements like "surely there's some sort of placebo effect". What an arse, women takes the time out to go on his show and best he can do is try and defame her profession.

I actually got the opposite impression from that piece. I thought he came across as being genuinely interested, asking was it to do with the heat from hands or was it just placebo (placebo isn't a derogatory term btw, anything that works whether through genuine healing or just placebo is good IMO).

I've certainly heard him being (rightly) more condescending when those charlatans and scam artistspsychics and mediums are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I actually got the opposite impression from that piece. I thought he came across as being genuinely interested, asking was it to do with the heat from hands or was it just placebo (placebo isn't a derogatory term btw, anything that works whether through genuine healing or just placebo is good IMO).

I've certainly heard him being (rightly) more condescending when those charlatans and scam artistspsychics and mediums are on.

I know placebo isn't a bad thing, and I'd be of the same opinion as yourself when you say whatever works for people is a good thing. But I do think he put her on the spot by asking about scientific evidence, as far as I can remember she answered yes, which is not the case, but what else was she supposed to say.

• Advertisement

skerry wrote: »
    I know placebo isn't a bad thing, and I'd be of the same opinion as yourself when you say whatever works for people is a good thing. But I do think he put her on the spot by asking about scientific evidence, as far as I can remember she answered yes, which is not the case, but what else was she supposed to say.

Oh yeah, I can see how it may have come across as him trying to get one over on her. To be fair to her though I think she coped with it fairly well, as far as I remember she said there was no scientific backing to Reiki but that there was for acupuncture.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement