Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Whether ray is right, wrong, taking a side i agree with or dont agree with, no matter what, his tone of voice makes me turn off the radio in a rage.

Ray: "The world is round you know, hmmm, hmmm, yaaaa, well anyway, hmmmm"

Me: no it isnt ya prick! *fist through the radio*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Whether ray is right, wrong, taking a side i agree with or dont agree with, no matter what, his tone of voice makes me turn off the radio in a rage.

Ray: "The world is round you know, hmmm, hmmm, yaaaa, well anyway, hmmmm"

Me: no it isnt ya prick! *fist through the radio*

Ha, I hear you on that. earlier he had Kim someone or other on ( big debate about what her name was ??) Then proceeds to read out texts for her from someone "who would" and someone who says she is (read out in fake Dublin accent for some reason) "a ride"
    Firstly, what sort of gob****e sends in a text like that, and secondly, what sort of gob****e reads it out.
    I suppose if you only get 4 or 5 real texts, you must read all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Reg D. Hunter on Sean moncrieff now, no awkwardness here

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Ha Ha I can totally relate to that and his breathing through the nose as he hmmmmphs in disbelief at his [victims] guests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

fifi234ie wrote: »
    Reg D. Hunter on Sean moncrieff now, no awkwardness here

He's actually not the easiest of people to interview, quite an edgy character, but Moncrief got on with it - note the complete lack of awkward silences!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

this cat is able to change songs better then darcy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

did ray give his calcification score in the heart test he had?i didn't hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Has there ever been a breakdown of male v female Ray Darcy show listeners?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

just saw rays mug on indo online under an article about love/hate....thought it was a rather ill person

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/fifth-series-of-lovehate-gets-green-light-and-even-a-spinoff-in-the-works-29198190.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Deedsie wrote: »

No - but there are officially 23,475 6 ft 3", 17 stone rugby players and/or truck-drivers who cry at the drop of a hat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Surprise surprise, Ray is dismissive of an Aussie soap actor and the meet 'n' greet tours. Luke Mitchell did seem to win him over though, he seems quite an intelligent young fella. He gave Mitchell's fellow cast member Steve Peacocke a hard time a few months back too.

You wouldn't hear him talking down to Kym Marsh last week or a Fair City actor though. So condescending. I sent in a text saying the same and it wasn't read out.

Deedsie wrote: »

No, just breakdowns:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

crazygeryy wrote: »
    did ray give his calcification score in the heart test he had?i didn't hear it.

Can't remember the score but As the doctor was about to explain his results Ray says 'I'll explain it actually so you're not tripping over your words'!!

I know English wasn't the doctor's first language but he's the medical professional ffs. So patronising!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    No, just breakdowns:cool:

I'd be amazed if its not a majority female listenership... They always seem to have this boys v girls thing when Jenny is on! And the girls always have to win or be seen as cleverer than lads or in general get the upper hand.

Bra's and high heels? Fake tan & 50 spastic shades of grey? Where can I find this dress? The only sport he seems to have a knowledge of is his own running career and junior rugby.

It is definitely a pro female show, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. But i think I have finally realised why the show isn't for me. It's not aimed at my gender.

Please don't think me a sexist for this... I'm all for equality.

"Ifired a lee Enfield"...........

Sentence finishing, interrupting, condescending, arrogant know all

Its like the aural version of a full frontal lobotomy!!!

he's talkin about podcast and said he spoke to romeo from home and away.

'we spoke about crisps in oz, that was very interesting and his nationwide nightclub tour'.

'there is a lot of people rushing to the pc now to download that hahaha'.

not only is he taking the p!ss out of his guests but also his listeners.

just when you think he cant do any worse:

Ray to Andrew Maxwell.."so, you are not with your kids mother anymore? WTF!!

AM: "em, no"
    RD: "so you dont have any problem with access"
    AM: "what, with my criminal record"
    RD: "anyway, what about Maggie Thatcher getting buried today?"

Cretin

I just now heard him tell AM he hasnt lived cos he has not heard the monthly "comedy" thing on Joe Duffy, with Syl Fox et al....Gimme a break, is anything thing to do ray going to see Billy Connolly last nite, probably a comedy expert now as well. Way to go with your choice of comedians Ray (excl AM).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

just when you think he cant do any worse:

Ray to Andrew Maxwell.."so, you are not with your kids mother anymore? WTF!!

AM: "em, no"
    RD: "so you dont have any problem with access"
    AM: "what, with my criminal record"
    RD: "anyway, what about Maggie Thatcher getting buried today?"

Cretin

I just now heard him tell AM he hasnt lived cos he has not heard the monthly "comedy" thing on Joe Duffy, with Syl Fox et al....Gimme a break, is anything thing to do ray going to see Billy Connolly last nite, probably a comedy expert now as well. Way to go with your choice of comedians Ray (excl AM).

He was taking the piss

JM Skipton,

Do you reckon, I would not be too sure about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

JM Skipton,

Do you reckon, I would not be too sure about that.

He regularly takes the piss out of liveline and Joe Duffy, so unless he has had a major change of opinion in the last number of weeks, however I doubt it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

swiftman wrote: »
    he's talkin about podcast and said he spoke to romeo from home and away.

'we spoke about crisps in oz, that was very interesting and his nationwide nightclub tour'.

'there is a lot of people rushing to the pc now to download that hahaha'.

not only is he taking the p!ss out of his guests but also his listeners.

I'd imagine he was taking the piss out of the poor quality of the podcast rather than the listeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Anyone hear the Gift Grub with Ray this morning?! It was about broadcasters not being able to voice their opinion on a topic when interviewing.

wyrn wrote: »
    Anyone hear the Gift Grub with Ray this morning?! It was about broadcasters not being able to voice their opinion on a topic when interviewing.

just listened back to it, the sighing was bang on.

link please :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

He showed his true tosser colours when interviewing Brent Pope, going on about his relationships. Pope made it clear he never speaks about them, so Ray switches subject only to turn straight back to say,
    "You know, getting back to women, Jenny has a great success rate as stupidcupid kelly if you want she will get you fixed up with one of her friends".
    Popey basically told him to pi55 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭southeastg

I thought Ray did a good job with the single dads thing. Going thru a similar situation and I think ray did well, id be the first to criticise him if he didn't . I think that's why he asked that comedian yesterday about access.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Does a morning go by where ray doesn't play this bloody macklemore song?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Why does Jenny always feel the need to put on a strong Dublin accent when describing something?

I just got sick again after hearing Jenny and Ray have the "craic" with each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Tinie wrote: »
    Does a morning go by where ray doesn't play this bloody macklemore song?

Most likely has no choice tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement