Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Ray does seem to have a lot of choice about the music he plays but I'm sure there are some he has to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Pretty stupid comment by Ray there when talking to the Irish guys that took part in the Boston Marathon. He was trying to make the point that some people crossed the line after hearing the explosion because the goal of finishing the Marathon was more important to them anything else. :rolleyes:

Sure one of the guys that he was talking to even said that he didn't know what had happened until he got back to the hotel.

I'd say the reason that some people still crossed the line is because they didn't know what was going on, you know, after running 26 miles an all.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

Why does Jenny always feel the need to put on a strong Dublin accent when describing something?

I just got sick again after hearing Jenny and Ray have the "craic" with each other.

They sounded like Today FM`s answer to Richard and Judy this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Why does Jenny always feel the need to put on a strong Dublin accent when describing something?

I just got sick again after hearing Jenny and Ray have the "craic" with each other.

It seems to be only when she is describing something unpleasant she uses a working class accent. Probably deep seeded prejudice from a privileged foxrock girl. She put on a skangery accent today when describing someone's arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Deedsie wrote: »
    It seems to be only when she is describing something unpleasant she uses a working class accent. Probably deep seeded prejudice from a privileged foxrock girl. She put on a skangery accent today when describing someone's arse.

Was talking about this before, ray seems to assume anyone with a "working class" Dub accent is from the Northside. When he had "Fran" from Love/Hate on he, again assumed this, even though in the show this guy lived up the mountains somewhere, i.e Southside.....closer to Rays house then he realised.

cannot understand why Mairead does not point this out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Was talking about this before, ray seems to assume anyone with a "working class" Dub accent is from the Northside. When he had "Fran" from Love/Hate on he, again assumed this, even though in the show this guy lived up the mountains somewhere, i.e Southside.....closer to Rays house then he realised.

Because she knows her place!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Because she knows her place!

The Northside?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

One thing that really annoys me about the show is when somebody says something funny and Mairéad and/or Jenny, depending on whether they're on, laughs and their microphone is off so you just hear the laugh as background noise.

Also today, did anybody else notice Ray's bitterness when, after talking to the fella who doesn't consume news, he said it'd be bad if we were all like that as we wouldn't know when the Government had f***ed up and wouldn't protest or shout from the rooftops, and then he said, "Oh wait, that happens now and nobody does anything about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

This morning (Thursday) between 9:30 and 10, Ray was talking to the author of a book on how people think. I cant remember the title, can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

hollypink wrote: »
    This morning (Thursday) between 9:30 and 10, Ray was talking to the author of a book on how people think. I cant remember the title, can anyone help?

You can go to the listen back feature on today fm website and get it there. Didn't hear it myself was out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Really enjoyed Christy Moore this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

fifi234ie wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Christy Moore this morning :)

Missed it, what were the highlights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Listened to the Christy Moore interview. God Darcy is a knob. Cringe fest. Terrible.

Missed it, what were the highlights?

Ray trying to crawl up Christy's ass!

RD: "Christy, is it ok to refer to you as a legend?"

Was funny when Christy was saying how ""yesterday it was the Dalai Lama, and today you Ray"".

Darcy started gushing saying you cant compare me to the Dalai Lama etc etc (but was delighted with himself).

It was patently obvious that Christy was just saying how mad his life is.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Ray trying to crawl up Christy's ass!

RD: "Christy, is it ok to refer to you as a legend?"

Ah he didn't, did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ah he didn't, did he?

Very awkward thing to say to a performer

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Yeah he always says stuff like that. Sure his replacement Anton Savage was raised and lives on the northside. He certainly doesn't sound like one. His hero Brian O'Driscoll is also a northsider.

He seemed in awe of Christy Moore. He was like a giddy school child. Having his partner there isn't conducive to good radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Iwillinmyhole

If people don't like ray darcy then don't listen to him. There's buttons on radios that let you change stations or to power off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

If people don't like ray darcy then don't listen to him. There's buttons on radios that let you change stations or to power off.

this is a ray darcy show thread not a we love ray darcy show thread .everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    i listen to him every morning but i think he deserves criticism for a lot of the things he does.

" is it ok to refer to you as a legend" ffs give me a break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Some people have no choice in offices etc.

Ray?

Yeah he always says stuff like that. Sure his replacement Anton Savage was raised and lives on the northside.

Was Anton not raised on the Southside (Knocklyon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

And there's also rules about posting bollocks on boards which you obviously ignored. :rolleyes:

anyone know what anton does when he's not on the radio?has he a day job so to speak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

crazygeryy wrote: »
    anyone know what anton does when he's not on the radio?has he a day job so to speak?

His family own one of the biggest PR companies in the country. His mother is Terry Prone who Co owns the company with her husband Tom Savage. They represent fine Gael and a few big companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Synode wrote: »
    Was Anton not raised on the Southside (Knocklyon)

No born and raised in Sutton. Lives in Clontarf.

No born and raised in Sutton. Lives in Clontarf.

address?lol just kidding

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

First time poster in this 324 page thread, and all I want to say is that I find Ray extremely preachy. Now, my opinion probably won't account for much because I generally don't listen to him that often!! Just to add my two cents!!!

• Advertisement

I assume you are a fan............judging by these posts, most would if they could(inderhole)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement