Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

They had a quiz earlier and ray knew all the answers!

He has "Debbie" from Love/Hate on (is gonna have them all on?) and mentioned that people get confused, you know, they see you playing a heroin addict and a prostitute, and then they see you in real life and they get confused. what people is he referring to?? Is there anyone out there thinks Bryan Cranston really makes crysta Meth? or James Gandolfini is a real gangster? If that was not bad enough he then proceeds to ask her if she ever brings "debbie's" costumes home for the boyfriend...............a new low?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Is there anyone out there thinks Bryan Cranston really makes crysta Meth? or James Gandolfini is a real gangster? If that was not bad enough he then proceeds to ask her if she ever brings "debbie's" costumes home for the boyfriend...............a new low?

I got a very rude answer when I rang Jim Carrey asking if he could sort out my UPC. :(

It's good to have D'Arcy to point out that actors aren't their characters. How embarrassed would I have been if I tried to buy heroin from her?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭southeastg

I'd say Fanny Darcy was a gas card, she has a lot to answer for though. Love the way he was patronising that DJ yesterday , I'd imagine he was patting him on the head when he was talking to him .

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

southeastg wrote: »
    I'd say Fanny Darcy was a gas card, she has a lot to answer for though. Love the way he was patronising that DJ yesterday , I'd imagine he was patting him on the head when he was talking to him .

Quite patronising to him alright, but I LOLd when Ray read out the text afterwards that said "He was better than you Ray, no STOP STOP EJECT".
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

oh God I am so embarrassed for him.

Apparently they didn't just copy this, they were inspired to do it. He even mentioned that they made a viral. I was scarlet for him.

Here's the original - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtg-zINT8-c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

didnt like the start but got fun when the first two people passed and he just danced, then with the next person to the last, he wanted to shake there hand rather then them shaking his. sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It's only a bit of fun. Darcy deserves stick for a lot of things, but not that imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Much better than the 'Lonely Boy' vid, he actually looked like he was having fun here!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Does darcy read this thread or even mention it/boards.ie, as Ray Foley used to mention his one a fair bit.

Tinie wrote: »
    Does darcy read this thread or even mention it/boards.ie, as Ray Foley used to mention his one a fair bit.

more then likely he reads it. he keeps asking some famous people if there on twitter, when they say no, he says ya, not into that myself. some people write all sorts etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Tinie wrote: »

Ray Foley actually got banned from Boards for his 'interactions' with other posters here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I must remember to watch this whenever I'm suffering from insomnia.

I remember a strange fella who was always dancing away with his earphones on in Cork City. Mind you, I got the feeling he was a bit simple anyway. Anyone else, from Cork, remember him? Something tells me he past away but I could be completely wrong on that front!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

What's to celebrate?
    I thought I read his listener numbers were down?

To me, he looks like a hobbit in that clip.
    No wonder he has a hang up about height.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

swiftman wrote: »
    didnt like the start but got fun when the first two people passed and he just danced, then with the next person to the last, he wanted to shake there hand rather then them shaking his. sad

The only thing sad is your grammar

*Their

Paracore wrote: »

*Their

sorry ray. im a 6ft 6'' truck driver and now crying. i have a shaved head also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Wilberto wrote: »

I remember a strange fella who was always dancing away with his earphones on in Cork City. Mind you, I got the feeling he was a bit simple anyway. Anyone else, from Cork, remember him? Something tells me he past away but I could be completely wrong on that front!!

Ya he was always down around bus station, nice fella

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Paracore wrote: »

*Their

Not as sad as being a grammar Nazi on the internet...

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

To be fair I thought I would want to scoop my eyes out with a teaspoon if I watched it but, it was actually good craic. He looked to be genuinely happy boppin away there. Fair play to him and he made a few people smile too. It was like the old Ray just having fun and not taking himself too seriously, I miss that dude :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Where was it filmed. I have Christchurch in my head. Did he mention it the other day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ray Foley actually got banned from Boards for his 'interactions' with other posters here.

Did he?for abusing people?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wilberto wrote: »

That was dancing Dave!hed be near Argos alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Be still my aching sides

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

What bus stop is it anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Neeson wrote: »
    What bus stop is it anyway?

Unfortunately, not the one to the Airport. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

Don't get me wrong, everyone has a right to an opinion etc, but he's not the worst. Does nobody remember what an asshole Gerry Ryan was on the radio? Be careful what you wish for, boardsies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Singer73 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, everyone has a right to an opinion etc, but he's not the worst. Does nobody remember what an asshole Gerry Ryan was on the radio? Be careful what you wish for, boardsies

A resurrection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Micheal Martin is on with Ray tomorrow morning. Should be classic radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Radio5 wrote: »
    Micheal Martin is on with Ray tomorrow morning. Should be classic radio.
    i predict lots of sighs and tuts and awkwardness....although in fairness to Ray he's the only radio presenter that would give him a hard time...i hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Jaysus ray what are you at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

is that really Martin, or is it Mcsavage?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement