Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ah poor Ray is so frustrated.

The sooner the better Ray realises that he's not Paxman. He seems to think that he's an amazing interviewer, especially when it comes to asking the tough questions, but he always falls terribly short (no pun intended).

Did he really think he'd get the better of Martin? The guy is a seasoned politician that has people like Ray for breakfast. Ray ended just agreeing with him and just resorted to using the F-bomb to air his frustrations at being placated by a much better debater. Back to the fluffy stuff drawing board, leave the serious stuff to the grown ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Brief synopsis for those who didn't get to hear it?

Ray: "Sure aren't yis all terrible!?"

Martin: "Ah sure we're all terrible"

Ray: "Eh, ok then. We're all f@*ked so"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I think Ray really needs to do a blind date slot after his interview with Michael Martin.

It would be good for him to go back to basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Oh for the days of Sharon Shannons Kitchen......

• Advertisement

To his credit, the interview with Ros Hubbard was quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

BaZmO* wrote: »

Agreed. I tuned in just before it and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

This morning: Ray had the young fella who won The Voice thing on and says to him " you are aware of the curse of winning these reality style shows, I mean, where does it go?" talk about phissin on the guys chips? then he proceeds to ask jamelia "what about blue eyed soul?" she responds " I have no idea what you are on about" (loved that) and Ray explains " Like. white guys trying to sing black music...." The girl was aghast..and calmly says "its about the song, not the colour of the person....you need to get with the times (really loved that). of course RD cannot be spoken to like that...so splutters on with "ah sure c'mon, you know what I mean"....I would like to have seen his face during that little exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    This morning: Ray had the young fella who won The Voice thing on and says to him " you are aware of the curse of winning these reality style shows, I mean, where does it go?" talk about phissin on the guys chips? then he proceeds to ask jamelia "what about blue eyed soul?" she responds " I have no idea what you are on about" (loved that) and Ray explains " Like. white guys trying to sing black music...." The girl was aghast..and calmly says "its about the song, not the colour of the person....you need to get with the times (really loved that). of course RD cannot be spoken to like that...so splutters on with "ah sure c'mon, you know what I mean"....I would like to have seen his face during that little exchange.

Wow. I didn't hear it but that is cringeworthy stuff, even by his standards.

Did he really drop the f-bomb with Micheal Martin? So predictable if so. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Agree with this too.

But thats the problem with Darcy.

He is good at the light hearted type stuff that made the show successful in the first place.

He made his name on kids TV and his radio show became successful with Fix It Friday, singles outings and the general banter between Martin Maguire, Ray, Jenny and Mairead. They didnt take themselves too seriosuly as the start (e.g. Tractor Tuesday!).

But then as the country went up sh1t creek, he felt he needed to add a bit of Vincent Brown to his armour and wanted to be taken as a serious journalist. Add in him hooking up with Jenny and then Mairead thinking she's the dogs b0l0x and maybe thats why people are getting p1ssed off with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

eisenberg1 wrote: »

And the cringe-o-meter goes up....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

BPKS wrote: »
    Agree with this too.

But thats the problem with Darcy.

He is good at the light hearted type stuff that made the show successful in the first place.

He made his name on kids TV and his radio show became successful with Fix It Friday, singles outings and the general banter between Martin Maguire, Ray, Jenny and Mairead. They didnt take themselves too seriosuly as the start (e.g. Tractor Tuesday!).

But then as the country went up sh1t creek, he felt he needed to add a bit of Vincent Brown to his armour and wanted to be taken as a serious journalist. Add in him hooking up with Jenny and then Mairead thinking she's the dogs b0l0x and maybe thats why people are getting p1ssed off with it.

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

He's off again, but this time he said I give up I give up, please please do ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

This ginger git sounds like a right tool...i want to punch my phone for making such horrible noise go into my head

Jesus, I'm starting to feel embarrassed for the guy...DESPERATE MUCH?!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

Repeatedly swearing does not make you big, clever or funny. What would Kate and Tom say if they heard it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

Jesus, I'm starting to feel embarrassed for the guy...DESPERATE MUCH?!

Cringed listening to it. He kept cutting across people too. They will probably give him a slot too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

What was the ginger guy about?

Neeson wrote: »
    What was the ginger guy about?

Joe McCall (from Donna and Joe in the Eurovision a few years back)...wouldn't shut up and whored himself out to just about every TV\radio station in the 10 minutes he was talking. "I'm available for singing, acting, presenting, blah blah blah blah...."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Joe McCall (from Donna and Joe in the Eurovision a few years back)...wouldn't shut up and whored himself out to just about every TV\radio station in the 10 minutes he was talking. "I'm available for singing, acting, presenting, blah blah blah blah...."

Wow... that sounds like an extremely depressing segment...

What was the premise behind having him on in the first place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Wow... that sounds like an extremely depressing segment...

What was the premise behind having him on in the first place?

They were speaking to 3 people who had "found fame" on reality tv, and what they were doing now. That Joe McCaul guy is do desperate for public attention you would feel really embarrassed for him, (if you cared about him ;-) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Who were the other two?

Agreed. I thought it was just me. He was a pain in the ass, like one of those annoying cousins that is made to sing at every family gathering:confused:
    Typical of Darcy, spends ages asking where is (insert winner of some Voice/X factor type thing) now? and the goes and invites these guys on his show.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

What should I listen back too ? sounds like he was in he the best cringing form the last couple of days. Its like a real life Alan Partridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Why for the love of god can Ray darcy not use RCS master Control without making a complete HORLIX of it every single time. This playout system is as easy to use as a Fisher Price toy and yet evryday without fail he messes up, even Mario on guft grub took the pi$$ out of him this morning about it. Darcy is a respected bradcaster with many years experience, he used to actually gig as a dj way back, so how is it so difficult to get it right? Again today he hit the GO button on the console in such a way that he actually hit it twice causing RCS to jump a song .. not the computers fault. With all the staff he has working on the show ( I counted 5 names today ) can somebody not take ownership of programming the running order of the show ? It wouldnt be acceptable on hospital radio, and shouldnt be on a national.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

20 mins talking about the minister and his interview with a fountain. they say it sounds like he's pissing (which it doesnt to an adult). ray. mairead and will must have the cop on like a 8 year old kid. worse again are people who are texting in.

swiftman wrote: »
    20 mins talking about the minister and his interview with a fountain. they say it sounds like he's pissing (which it doesnt to an adult). ray. mairead and will must have the cop on like a 8 year old kid. worse again are people who are texting in.

Ah lighten up!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Ah lighten up!

20 mins on national radio talking about piss, when it wasnt piss. thats young kids humour.
    the ray darcy show has gotten so ****, he must be blackmailing people for his job

swiftman wrote: »

And now he is on about the buckin Eurovision!!!

earlier he read out a text from some moron about eating "hang sangwichs" on a beach, I doubt if the text was spelled as such, but that is how RD pronounced it, and I dont think he was messin about as he said it twice......him being such a stickler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'm no fan of D'arcy (since hooking up the phone to the speakers in work a few weeks ago I haven't listened to an Irish station) and I appreciate some of ye can't change the station in work but I just picture all of ye waiting by the radio, grinding your teeth and listening out to find something to complain about. 'Grrrr, did you hear that?!?! It sounded like he scratched his eyebrow, ffs, muppet…'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement