Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Haha people are saying they will donate to shave or dye If ray doesn't make a balls of the desk today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Haha people are saying they will donate to shave or dye If ray doesn't make a balls of the desk today.

They will have enough funds to cure all diseases in the entire world by midday so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Well that didn't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I'm no fan of D'arcy (since hooking up the phone to the speakers in work a few weeks ago I haven't listened to an Irish station) and I appreciate some of ye can't change the station in work but I just picture all of ye waiting by the radio, grinding your teeth and listening out to find something to complain about. 'Grrrr, did you hear that?!?! It sounded like he scratched his eyebrow, ffs, muppet…'

Jesus, Kunst nugget, what have you done, hardly a bad word about RD all week................must be a record ha:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Jesus, Kunst nugget, what have you done, hardly a bad word about RD all week................must be a record ha:)

Ha ha, I know. I checked in yesterday to see what was being said and realised it's turned into a ghost town. My sincerest apologies.

Grrr, that Darcy and his eyebrow scratching…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

mark owens wasnt happy there :o

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭southeastg

WTF Ray, that was shocking today with Mark Owen, I couldn't care less what he had to say but Jesus Christ ray could have given him some respect. His interviewing skills are chronic enough without him being outright ignorant. Maybe if himself and mairead spent less time ****ing on they would have had time to talk to him properly! Hit a new low today Raymond

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

southeastg wrote: »
    WTF Ray, that was shocking today with Mark Owen, I couldn't care less what he had to say but Jesus Christ ray could have given him some respect. His interviewing skills are chronic enough without him being outright ignorant. Maybe if himself and mairead spent less time ****ing on they would have had time to talk to him properly! Hit a new low today Raymond

You had my curiosity, now you have my attention...where might I find this interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭southeastg

It lasted about 30 seconds mate I doubt it will be put up as a podcast. He asked mark Owen did he twist his knobs in his studio at the end of the garden, FOOL!!!

The man has issues for sure....maybe he should have Billy Connolly on? now that could be entertaining, for all the wrong reasons..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

ill give ray another year in the job cause nobody will want to talk to him apart from irish comedians.
    yes he asked mark does he go to the shed to twist his knobs.
    then he quickly asks him will he pop into the station when he's in dublin, mark replys, yes sure. ray goes, ok bye. WTF.

he's like a 10 year old kid talking about sex, going on about stupid things, laughs if the doctor says penis!

they were talking about the lady who was giving away the books, he just laughed, not at her or anything, seemed like a silly nervous laugh!?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Alan Partridge at his best this morning. He was speaking to Commander Chris Hadfield's son about his scheduled landing back on earth today. Ray's first words were, "So your dad will be crash landing back to earth today?" "Eh, well hopefully he won't be crash landing Ray"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Does Ray use a different set of equipment to Ian Dempsey and the other DJ's that follow his show? I cant for the live of me understand why he is so bad at using the equipment. It is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

gazzer wrote: »
    Does Ray use a different set of equipment to Ian Dempsey and the other DJ's that follow his show? I cant for the live of me understand why he is so bad at using the equipment. It is shocking.
    It's bad when his own crew start taking the p1ss out of him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,020 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It's bad when his own crew start taking the p1ss out of him too.
    gift grub nailed him on it too and it was priceless and accurate!

gift grub nailed him on it too and it was priceless and accurate!

I think someone asked him to play that sketch last week, and he said something along the line of "WE WONT BE PLAYIN THAT...sigh"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 SkadooshJ

Somebody pledged €50 to Shave or Dye last week by text if Ray managed to go the whole show without messing up. He failed miserably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

jesus is he interviewing the Actors or mairead farrell.i wish she would shut up.

I think someone asked him to play that sketch last week, and he said something along the line of "WE WONT BE PLAYIN THAT...sigh"
    i'd say mario and ian know only too well what they are doing!! As in they know he doesn't like it!

He's back!!
    He;s interviewing "Blackie Connors" from Fair City, asked a question whch the guy didnt answer to Rays satisfaction, so Ray say "sigh, I will start again" . "Blackie" mentions he worked last year in an addiction centre...Ray asks "any experience of that yerself?" CRINGE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

He's back!!
    He;s interviewing "Blackie Connors" from Fair City, asked a question whch the guy didnt answer to Rays satisfaction, so Ray say "sigh, I will start again" . "Blackie" mentions he worked last year in an addiction centre...Ray asks "any experience of that yerself?" CRINGE

In fairness to Ray it was a legitimate question as many people working in those centres have had past personal experience or had family experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I have stopped listening to Ray Darcy a good while, but had it on for the first 20 minutes this morning when papers were been read out. Not sure if anyone noticed this (or am I going slightly overboard)

He made a remark about the couple who are jailed in Dubai for having sex in public. A quote from the accused man said being sent to prison is 'a pain in the behind'...and ray says something like 'I hope it wont be a pain in the behind" and then half apologized for the comment being in bad taste. So, now Ray can get away with quips about male rape in prison. I text the show, listened for a further few minutes but wasn't not read out.

Went through some of the posts on here...seems innuendo jokes are the still the norm on the show??

JM Skipton wrote: »
    In fairness to Ray it was a legitimate question as many people working in those centres have had past personal experience or had family experiences.

I realise people who work in centres like that may have personal experience of addiction, and it would be a legitimate question, if that is what the program was about.......but this was two actors talking about Fair City, having a bit of a laugh and Mairaid pissing herself laughing in the background, hardly the time or place.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ray thankfully not making a mess of this topic which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I'm surprised that such a self designated guide in the struggle against depression and suicide chose to watch the eurovision rather than prime time last night.
    What ever happened to that meeting of all the groups associated with such matters he was supposed to organise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

"how tall are your parents?"

"what about your brother?... does he play rugby?"

Anyone playing D'Arcy Bingo today?

:D:D:D

"how tall are you?" "how tall are yer parents?" " "how tall is yer little brother" FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

Tuned in for the first time in ages (by accident) and heard he was interviewing the boy band Blue. Could have been a TOTAL car crash but he was obviously told to show some respect to guests in future after the Mark Owen debacle (even though you can tell he thinks it's all beneath him). Still had loads of Darcy 'sighs' and made a crack about one of the lads previously being a roofer, mentioning 'Up on The Roof'.... then unctuously remarked 'ah, you didn't get my reference, it's a James Taylor song'. :rolleyes:
    No, Ray, it's a Carole King/Gerry Goffin song, made famous by The Drifters. (Taylor also did it, but then so did zillions of others). If you're going to be smug at least get it right. How are things up on that pedestal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

He is interviewing someone from Love Hate, and opened up the interview by giving a spoiler about what happens at the very end... that's incredible. Clueless.

• Advertisement

_feedback_ wrote: »
    He is interviewing someone from Love Hate, and opened up the interview by giving a spoiler about what happens at the very end... that's incredible. Clueless.

no way ..the next series??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement