Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

BaZmO* wrote: »
    In fairness to him, the texts are just handed to him to read out.

The texts are well edited before he reads them out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

Addle wrote: »
    The texts are well edited before he reads them out!

And well selected too I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

I'm convinced at this stage that the texts are merely stapled together from two tombolas filled with stock phrases.

Human interest story:
    I'm a [insert height + profession] and I can't stop [insert tragic verb] over your last piece about [insert illness], I look at my [insert family member] and think [insert cliche].

Guest/Dating Segment:
    Give [insert guest] my number, s/he is [salacious adjective], I would totally let him/her [salacious verb] me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

DuckStab wrote: »
    I'm convinced at this stage that the texts are merely stapled together from two tombolas filled with stock phrases.

Human interest story:
    I'm a [insert height + profession] and I can't stop [insert tragic verb] over your last piece about [insert illness], I look at my [insert family member] and think [insert cliche].

Guest/Dating Segment:
    Give [insert guest] my number, s/he is [salacious adjective], I would totally let him/her [salacious verb] me.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Even though I'm a big fan of Ray he came out with a couple of Alan Partridge corkers this morning while interviewing Jessie J.
    She had lost her voice so she couldn't sing and he says to her "sure without your voice you would be noth....eh ya know what I mean"
    And the best one was saying to her that she looks much older on the telly, now I don't know what women he hangs around with but if I said that to any women I would get a slap.....have to say very funny to listen to:D

He was talking about her again today, and said "she has great bone structure, but could do with eatin a few icecreams"..............He's hardly an ad for Bullworker himself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭mountain

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    He was talking about her again today, and said "she has great bone structure, but could do with eatin a few icecreams"..............He's hardly an ad for Bullworker himself!

I heard that as well, thought it was a poor thing to say, he complimented her, then had to get a sly dig in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Ray is turning into a real sad, grumpy small pervy man. Today he wouldn't have an ice cream (because of some diet ), he won't have a stag, cuts poor Will all the time, slobbers over Mairead, (which she likes anyway) and he sulks on air when he has to do a task. Imagine living with him. Sigh!

Note to Jenny........You can still walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

When he was talking to Jessie j and said "I'll say a prayer for you" then realised what he says and retracts it and said I'm not religious. Knob

When he was talking to Jessie j and said "I'll say a prayer for you" then realised what he says and retracts it and said I'm not religious. Knob

The majority of the time the man hasn't a clue what he does be talking about and saying. I do cringe when he does be interviewing International guests listening to some of the crap he does come out with to them. I'd say a fair few of them must leave the interview saying 'wtf' was that about to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

he has become a major pain in the ass! I used to listen to him but he has become so self serving and as mentioned earlier, an old man. I personally don't like listening to Jenny as it's not the Ray D'Arcy show when she is on it, with his "Yes dear, no, dear" ****e! Grow a pair man!

Things are so bad that i listed to Tubs! Failing that you can't beat internet radio!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

When Jessie J say she was going to do something controversial or something did he actually ask her if she was going to be a centrefold?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

Another epic radio moment - he has one of the street performers on doing an act that can only be enjoyed by seeing it, rather than an act that performs sounds or musics that may work on radio. Instead we are lucky enough to have the screeching of Maireads voice & no pictures to go along with the act ... clearly failure to understand how the radio audience works by sounds & NOT vision Darcy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

How does nobody around the place point out to them the failings of having so many visual things on the RADIO??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jeeeeeezuz i just heard the interview with Seth Rogen, Poor oul Seth had to do his best to remain calm and professional and kept in good spirits despite all that was thrown at him!

"so all the women here love ya Seth"
    "oh that's great, but i'm sure they prefer james franco"
    "yeah ya know why dont' ya...coz your ugly yeah?? and he's good looking yeah, so they see you as easier to get yeah?
    "cheers"

"if you had kids you wouldn't be able to bla bla...do you have kids?"
    "no"
    "are you planning on having any?"
    "er we haven't really thought about it"
    "i have 2, katie she's 8, don;t really care for the other one"

"text here...i'm a big 6.8 mother of 3 from Mitchelstown and my 3 year old is dancing around listening to Seth"

"so the devil is your movie yeah? means nothign to me, the devil doesn't exist in my world i'm an athiest yeah, thanks be to god"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

The boss turned the radio over to another stadion when he started his "basking" for a 4th day in a row. I'm sure when the rain comes back he'll go on about that for a week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Why do people come onto this thread day in\day out giving out about every little aspect of this radio show whilst continuing to listen to it? I gave out about this once or twice and just stopped listening

:confused:

Why do people come onto this thread day in\day out giving out about every little aspect of this radio show whilst continuing to listen to it? I gave out about this once or twice and just stopped listening

people died to give us that right

Oh my God seriously, how does anyone come onto this thread and not see the answer to this. A lot of people have no choice about radio station in work and have to hear it.

jeeeeeezuz i just heard the interview with Seth Rogen, Poor oul Seth had to do his best to remain calm and professional and kept in good spirits despite all that was thrown at him!

"so all the women here love ya Seth"
    "oh that's great, but i'm sure they prefer james franco"
    "yeah ya know why dont' ya...coz your ugly yeah?? and he's good looking yeah, so they see you as easier to get yeah?
    "cheers"

Oh he didn't really say that did he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

And some of us just enjoy moaning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Only briefly heard the phone call to the two that went on their date last night. Tedious radio.

"OMG, were yiz loike kissin'?"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Tuned in yesterday to *drumroll* a dating segment - switched to Newstalk.
    Tuned back a little later to *drumroll* "so if you have kids, e-mail us and we'll pass them on to... (think some guy was coming in to talk about kids) - back to Newstalk.

Oh and I heard all about the "short shorts" saga. Seriously, I know it's a light hearted show, but it went on far too long and came across as quite seedy. If any of my colleagues kept going on about the shorts I'm wearing like that, I'd be having a few words.

Tried again this morning (was hoping to hear e-mail bag but not sure what time it's on at) and it was the end of the Paul O'Connell/Tommy Bowe interview. Lots of the usual "I'll have Tommy" e-mails followed by "Ray, did you not tell Paul you used to play a bit of rugby"*

*I want to punch the radio everytime I hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

When I hear him say "Ok so I press this and turn that"when he's trying to use his equipment I turn off for ten mins. I can see him start his own Church. He's probably the biggest moan on radio. George hook is a man in his 60s and moans less. He can't interview for sh1t either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

When I hear him say "Ok so I press this and turn that"when he's trying to use his equipment I turn off for ten mins. I can see him start his own Church. He's probably the biggest moan on radio. George hook is a man in his 60s and moans less. He can't interview for sh1t either.

the bould Hooky is 72...

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I listened to his interview there this morning and I think the reason his interviews are so painful is this, ray sets out his line of questions beforehand and regardless of what the answers his interviewee gives he ploughs on!! People want to expand on an answer but ray just continues to the next question on his list regardless of relevance! That and the fact he answers most of his own questions and they are mostly about him make it such a cringe fest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Guys I think ye all need to relax, ye are taking it far too seriously. When I started reading this thread a couple of years ago, I was picking up on all that ye were saying. Him on about kids, stop eject, etc, and then I realised that it was grating on me. Then I thought, before reading this I loved his show, so forget all the negative comments and just enjoy it as before.
    Now when I hear the dating segment coming up or wrong buttons etc I start laughing as I know ye are all going mental over it. I now enjoy the show even more. 😂😂😜

Now when I hear the dating segment coming up or wrong buttons etc I start laughing as I know ye are all going mental over it. I now enjoy the show even more. 😂😂😜

That's an interesting approach to things. You must be doing a fair bit of laughing, tell me do people ever look at you a bit funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Guys I think ye all need to relax, ye are taking it far too seriously. When I started reading this thread a couple of years ago, I was picking up on all that ye were saying. Him on about kids, stop eject, etc, and then I realised that it was grating on me. Then I thought, before reading this I loved his show, so forget all the negative comments and just enjoy it as before.

I've done something similar. I would hear him do or say something ridiculous and my first thought was to go on Boards and see did anyone else hear it, but I try look for the positives in the show now, and if he does do something ridiculous I just laugh and think 'typical Ray'! :)

Oh he didn't really say that did he?
    ha ha look it up...i did embellish the sh1t out of it but not much!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

Changed the station in work today for the first time in years,went thru all the stations and still ended up on today fm,there is no alternative to ray,as much as i give out about him he seems to be the best of a bad bunch,we even tuned in to lyric fm for a while(pure desperation me thinks):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement