Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Have to admit I do not for the life of me know why he wants to have a live birth on air, not one of the teams better ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

She's obviously an attention seeker.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Jaysus, how can they possibly think that that will make good radio? And it's hardly appropriate for the husband to be worrying about being on the phone while trying to support his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Jaysus, how can they possibly think that that will make good radio? And it's hardly appropriate for the husband to be worrying about being on the phone while trying to support his wife.

Not to mention thinking that it's a good idea to get in the midwives/doctor's way by having his team in the delivery suite providing a running commentary and Mairead guffawing in the background.

I gave birth in the Coombe and while the delivery rooms are quite big at various points in my labour there were two midwives, two doctors and a large resuss type machine thing as my baby needed suction when she was born..and that was a relatively straightforward birth. What if additional medical staff were needed or if she needs an emergency section? I

Absolutely ridiculous idea. Why would anyone want to listen to it anyway??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

Tommy Tiernan. Shoot me now. Could he be any more bloody condescending and annoying?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Tommy Tiernan is hilarious. He must be. He was laughing at himself so much he must be really, really funny. He didn't say anything remotely humourous this morning but you have to be off the charts if you laugh at yourself that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Not to mention thinking that it's a good idea to get in the midwives/doctor's way by having his team in the delivery suite providing a running commentary and Mairead guffawing in the background.

I gave birth in the Coombe and while the delivery rooms are quite big at various points in my labour there were two midwives, two doctors and a large resuss type machine thing as my baby needed suction when she was born..and that was a relatively straightforward birth. What if additional medical staff were needed or if she needs an emergency section? I

Absolutely ridiculous idea. Why would anyone want to listen to it anyway??

I would. I'd just pretend I'm having very screamy sex with someone…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

el diablo wrote: »
    And his head is way too big for his body.

maybe that's why Tiernan was laughing so much....

Some guy this morning talking about a device which can make 3d pictures, in this case, of a baby picture......Ray actually said he was getting emotional over this....................does he have kids?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Not a fan of Tommy Tiernan infact I can't stand him but he put Darcy in his box a few times when he came out with his usual rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I cannot understand why he wants to broadcast a live birth. How tacky. Who would want to listen to that? And what the hell is wrong with the couple who offered to be the ones to do it? i think your priorities should be elsewhere when giving birth- besides the fact that it is extremely intrusive to the staff of the Coome- it's no wonder they said no.

I'm actually really surprised at Ray wanting to do this. And on the radio, sure what's the point?

One thing I agreed with Tommy Tiernan about earlier was when he told Ray to stop listening to the news because it'd only put you in bad humour. I think Ray could do with a dose of that, he might lighten up a bit and be less ranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Meangadh wrote: »
    I cannot understand why he wants to broadcast a live birth. How tacky. Who would want to listen to that? And what the hell is wrong with the couple who offered to be the ones to do it? i think your priorities should be elsewhere when giving birth- besides the fact that it is extremely intrusive to the staff of the Coome- it's no wonder they said no.

I'm actually really surprised at Ray wanting to do this. And on the radio, sure what's the point?

One thing I agreed with Tommy Tiernan about earlier was when he told Ray to stop listening to the news because it'd only put you in bad humour. I think Ray could do with a dose of that, he might lighten up a bit and be less ranty.

On your first point, Ray was giving out mad a few weeks ago about social media intruding into our everyday lives. And now he wants broadcast somebody giving birth. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Or Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

And on your last point, if Ray wasn't able to moan or rant his show would probably consist entirely of dating sections and Mumford and Son songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Why didn't he broadcast Jenny's birth of their son live??

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tellmesomethin

The whole thing is very repetitive, no matter if it's a live birth or not it's still the same format and predictable jokes and lines.

Ray D'arcy has had his day on radio.

Why the need for the constant bitching, negativity, dictating & height envy.... Seems to be a certain type of person that listens to it....

BPKS wrote: »
    Ray was giving out mad a few weeks ago about social media intruding into our everyday lives. And now he wants broadcast somebody giving birth.

I heard that, and you're dead right. How he doesn't see the contradiction here I dunno.

It's one of the most private, intimate and most life changing things a person can do and he wants to record it- yet he finds it a problem that people might want to share pictures of their holidays with others?! I know some people go OTT with social media but I have yet to have someone I'm friends with on facebook or that I follow on twitter share something as intimate as their or their partner's labour.

I really want to like Ray and his show but crap like that is just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Having been there with my wife throught it a few months back I'm sure it'll be great radio:rolleyes:

I think auld Raymondo will realise why it's not been done before. You can't blame the lady volunteering but you'd think ray or one of his team would know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

swiftman wrote: »
    maeve 'f*cking unfunny' higgins.

just like ray, laughing at her own 'jokes'

I saw her in the village pub during the cat laughs a few years back. Her 'act' went down like a lead balloon. It was so bad she actually said 'this isn't really working, is it?

She's extended into an Irish times column now.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

D'Arcy interviewing Buble today. I reckon it'll consist of D'Arcy saying

"Ok Michael I've a text here from Michelle in Mullingar. She wants to rub oil all over ya & propose to ya."

"What height are you?"

"Are you planning for kids? I've two kids"

"Have you ever read Sixty Shades? I say you have"

"You've a lovely head of hair"

"3D printing. What would you get done?"

"Do you love De Irish?"

All of the above should get mentioned today.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Just listened to him attempt to read an e mail, he lip smacked and sighed his way through it with no regard for commas or full stops. At the end of his attempted reading he said that the e mail was long winded and badly communicated!! No shocker there Ray, why does he not let Will read out the e mails as Ray. Is clearly unable to manage them

I'm sure that horsey man's ex loved him telling the nation about how he cheated on her with an employee and friend and how she was 'very controlling with the purse strings' Just lovely.

His whole story was very seedy I thought and didn't suit the jocular tone taken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I wouldn't be a fan of buble...but by jeeeaysus he is a total legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

In fairness to the guy, he oozes class.

I'm sure that horsey man's ex loved him telling the nation about how he cheated on her with an employee and friend and how she was 'very controlling with the purse strings' Just lovely.

His whole story was very seedy I thought and didn't suit the jocular tone taken

Yeah I really didn't like how he told his story. Maybe his ex was a total bitch but he came across really badly with his story of how he cheated on her. If he had feelings for this other one then he should have just broken up with the ex. Going on the radio then talking about it, not very classy at all.

And as per usual, RD interrupts the crap out of the interview....MB was actually halfway in to what sounded like a good story....and Ray, just jumps in with "what about yadda yadda yadda", did you hear Ray prompting the lines of Summertime , TO A WORLD FAMOUS SINGER!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Meangadh wrote: »
    Yeah I really didn't like how he told his story. Maybe his ex was a total bitch but he came across really badly with his story of how he cheated on her. If he had feelings for this other one then he should have just broken up with the ex. Going on the radio then talking about it, not very classy at all.

Something weird alright, it was like he just came on to have a public dig at the ex, but in a sly way.

Enjoyed the Bublé interview, he's just super cool.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    , did you hear Ray prompting the lines of Summertime , TO A WORLD FAMOUS SINGER!!!

Ah in fairness in Ray's defence, Michael didn't seem too sure of the words. I didn't think it was a bad interview, although Buble is a great interviewee as he's very open, honest and up for the craic. Wouldn't really be into his music but I like him as a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Ray, Mairead, Will and Jenny :P

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Something weird alright, it was like he just came on to have a public dig at the ex, but in a sly way.

I just think he was an ars*hole, 'in the equestrian world you get a lot of offers' and describing how they got it on while his ex was out of the house with the bit of fluff's sister.. ppffft

who are these c*nts on now?

Whoever it is, they just tore Ray a new one:) slagged the sh1t out of him....he was none too pleased.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

who are these c*nts on now?

You had to have heard of Kodaline? They've been everywhere since before Christmas. I'd be a fan but they are waaaaay overplayed on the radio, so the songs don't have the same impact. Themselves and Jason Byrne seemed to gang up on Ray at the end there too. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement