Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

BPKS wrote: »
    I took a schlug of the cough bottle.

Love it:D

Did I hear that right, Kelly was called for a test, and took the "schlug" just prior to the test?

Could he have sued the ass off the Belgian pharmacist ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Kimmage has carved an unpopular path for himself and until the sport is clean and proven to be clean, his suspicions and investigations are appreciated.

His groundless accusations are not appreciated. It's the "throw enough mud & some will eventually stick" Wiggins is dominant in the tour like Armstrong, Sky are dominant like Postal. Very little investigation, a hell of a lot of insinuation

BPKS wrote: »
    Froome was disqualified from a race 2 years ago for hanging onto a motorcycle while going up a mountain. He's rise to the winner of the Tour in this time has correctly raised some eyebrows.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Or do we just jump on the Team Sky/Team GB bandwagon with closed eyes?
    That's a little disingenuous, he was hurt & was retiring from the race, everyone accepted that, he couldn't make it under his own steam. He was getting a tow to his team car or something, he wasn't trying to gain any advantage

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Lelantos wrote: »
    His groundless accusations are not appreciated. It's the "throw enough mud & some will eventually stick" Wiggins is dominant in the tour like Armstrong, Sky are dominant like Postal. Very little investigation, a hell of a lot of insinuation

If one was to do a search on Boards, would you be one of the many people defending Armstrong during his "glory" days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    If one was to do a search on Boards, would you be one of the many people defending Armstrong during his "glory" days?

Feel free to look

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Lelantos wrote: »
    He said the same things about Wiggins & Froome ;)

Have a listen to second captains podcast from yesterday wiggins and froome are certainly not out of the woods yet as regard suspicions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

I used to think Kelly was amazing. But I think he had questions to answer. He denies ever taking drugs yet he was in it at its dirtiest. Roche and him are up to their necks in it.

Oh and ray is a pain in the Swiss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Leo is on, be prepared for some car crash interviewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Leo in on, be prepared for some car crash interviewing.

I really don't know why FG actually bother sending anyone in to be interviewed by Darcy at this stage

'so Leo, what is your opinion of the 200,000 women who have had abortions in the last twenty years?'

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

I cannot stand Leo Varadkar, he has to be the dullest of the dull in the dail. He seemed to haved excelled in his career as a politician because he doesnt seem to have an opinion on anything. The man wouldnt know passion if it fell on him. Cant understand why darcy even had him on, it was a nothing utterly pointless interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

heybaby wrote: »
    I cannot stand Leo Varadkar, he has to be the dullest of the dull in the dail. He seemed to haved excelled in his career as a politician because he doesnt seem to have an opinion on anything. The man wouldnt know passion if it fell on him. Cant understand why darcy even had him on, it was a nothing utterly pointless interview.

I didn't hear the interview, but I can't agree with that.

He is one of the few politicians who tries to give an answer when he can. I don't always agree with his opinions, but he tries more than most. If anything, he gives too many straight answers for his own good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Skid X wrote: »
    I didn't hear the interview, but I can't agree with that.

He is one of the few politicians who tries to give an answer when he can. I don't always agree with his opinions, but he tries more than most. If anything, he gives too many straight answers for his own good.

Listen to the interview.

I really don't know why FG actually bother sending anyone in to be interviewed by Darcy at this stage

'so Leo, what is your opinion of the 200,000 women who have had abortions in the last twenty years?'

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And a great question to finish off...."So Leo, are ye in de market? are ye goin out with anyone/".....when Leo replied "eh no", I thought RD was going to say " So whats wrong with ye/".

Like a 12 yr old in a school yard.......at least he didn't ask him how tall he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

ray is of for a few day, its safe to listen again! anton is covering :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i like anton on the radio, even if he is a shapeshifting reptile from another dimension.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And a great question to finish off...."So Leo, are ye in de market? are ye goin out with anyone/".....when Leo replied "eh no", I thought RD was going to say " So whats wrong with ye/".

Like a 12 yr old in a school yard.......at least he didn't ask him how tall he was.

Maybe Leo was the man with the pint of Gin?

Anton Savage:eek: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eisenberg1 wrote: »

He did mention how tall he was after the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

swiftman wrote: »
    ray is of for a few day, its safe to listen again! anton is covering :D

Ray must be going on a wild stag to Prague.....

And did ya know Leo is 6 ft 3.

Was expecting Ray to suggest getting Mairead with her Cupid wings :eek: to fix him up.. but thankfully Leo was wise to that by saying he wasn't looking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Anton Savage:eek: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

He's not that bad!

I actually like Anton. :o

Ray must be going on a wild stag to Prague.....

I bucken doubt it..................he was in bed before then last night.

Picture the scene in a Lap Dance club in Prague

RD: Excuse me miss, that's not the correct way to swing round a pole, should be fist over fist, and ye will catch yer death in that outfit.Will, this was a bad idea....Will...............will?"

]

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Listen to the interview.

I listened back, I still don't agree with you.

He answered everything from Lucinda Creighton, Abortion, Drink sponsorship ban, Government Administration, an old TV show he was involved in, his personal life and more. All this without shouting "How the hell did you ever become an interviewer?" at Darcy, who constantly interrupted him and presented his own opinions as facts (as usual).

Very few Government Ministers ever answer anything about subjects outside their department. Varadkar at least tries to give answers. I don't agree with him on everything but to say "he doesnt seem to have an opinion on anything" is just not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

D'Arcy down 20,000 listeners since this time last year: http://www.ilevel.ie/media-blog/radio/jnlr-2013-2-top-30

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    D'Arcy down 20,000 listeners since this time last year: http://www.ilevel.ie/media-blog/radio/jnlr-2013-2-top-30

That's quite a drop for him but he is still by far the highest on Today FM. Only Radio 1 beat him actually which is something I've never understood. How so many of their shows are so highly rated.

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Its a big drop alright but in fairness it looks increasing like fewer people overall are listening to radio in general as there are only 5 shows in the top 30 that have recorded increases

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I must say I like when Anton presents the show. It's light hearted like the show used to be. Great music too. Bit less of Mairead though please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Bit less of Mairead though please!
    How else would she stroke her ego if she wasn't on air?
    Besides we should count ourselfs "lucky" shes actually sober!

Yesterday, I swore no more rants!!

What is with this show! Anton is on there and he "Cant understand how Optimist works, cos you spray it on a closed eye instead of the naked eyeball"

Christ on a bike........whats to understand!!

This is a guy who can talk forever about the workings of the internal combustion engine, but cant understand eye spray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Its a big drop alright but in fairness it looks increasing like fewer people overall are listening to radio in general as there are only 5 shows in the top 30 that have recorded increases

Oh I 100% agree with this.

Let's work with the figures anseo:

John Murray is up 3,000 listeners.
    Pat Kenny has shown no change.
    Ryan Tubridy is down 16,000 listeners.
    Colm Hayes is down 2,000 listeners.
    Tom Dunne is up 6,000 listeners.

So you're talking about a maximum of 9,000 of D'Arcy's former listeners having switched to a National competitor.

That leaves (11,000 + 16,000 + 2,000 =) 29,000 listeners to the mid-morning slot unaccounted for.

Now, undoubtedly some, if not most, of these have switched to local radio, but I think it's a fair assumption to make that a certain percentage of those may just have stopped listening to radio altogether.

It should also be noted that radio listenership overall is down 1%, and National Radio Listenership is down 2% overall. But of course that's overall so the figure has the potential to be higher in the 9-12 timeslot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement