Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I'd wonder if tubbs will be on his way back to Radio 1 and MAYBE Tom Dunne to 2FM, that would be an interesting moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Doubt it, difference audience.

I agree re: the audiences, but Ray does cover a fair bit of current affairs himself and a big marketing push by Newstalk may get a few curious people to switch over and some might end up staying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

When is his wedding happening. Think I remember him saying some time ago that he was getting married in August. Best of luck to them both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

Yes best of luck to them both, enjoy the honeymoon and long happy life together. And don't hurry back, it's nice to have a bit of quality choice these mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Oh lord sounds like Ray is trying to brace us for a poor interview with Adam Sandler ,how does he always get the worst out of people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

He appeared to be a genuine fan of Adam Sandler so treated him with respect and had done his homework to actually prepare for the interview.

While I'm not a fan of Sandler's films he came across as a sound bloke.
    If Ray treated all his interviewees with the same respect we'd all have one less thing to give out about! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Oh lord sounds like Ray is trying to brace us for a poor interview with Adam Sandler ,how does he always get the worst out of people?
    i heard that! didn't hear the interview but heard that part!! I'm presuming it went well

i heard that! didn't hear the interview but heard that part!! I'm presuming it went well

In fairness it did go well as Ray managed to mention again, it wasn't like Seinfeld

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

Did anyone catch on the show last Friday morning where Anton & Mairead said that you can get the baby pink headphones that Amy Huberman uses for the baby when at rugby matches? They talked about it around the 10am time, and I meant to go back & listen on the website, but didn't get a chance. There is a shop somewhere in Dublin selling them and would love to get them as a gift for a rugby mad friend and her hubby for the baby they are expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Earlier I heard him tell Mairead, "We are omnivores" and then proceeds to explain "that we eat meat AND vegetables". I am glad that was cleared up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Earlier I heard him tell Mairead, "We are omnivores" and then proceeds to explain "that we eat meat AND vegetables". I am glad that was cleared up.

It must a slow day in the office…

It must a slow day in the office…

Every day with Rd is a slow day, but is made even slower when he gets more condescending than usual.....as he did with Mairead/listeners.

robo wrote: »
    Did anyone catch on the show last Friday morning where Anton & Mairead said that you can get the baby pink headphones that Amy Huberman uses for the baby when at rugby matches? They talked about it around the 10am time, and I meant to go back & listen on the website, but didn't get a chance. There is a shop somewhere in Dublin selling them and would love to get them as a gift for a rugby mad friend and her hubby for the baby they are expecting.

Hi just checked it there, they said it was a music shop on capel street or on buy & sell for around €20.
    I would think any shop that sells electronics iPods mp3's etc would have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

Hi just checked it there, they said it was a music shop on capel street or on buy & sell for around €20.
    I would think any shop that sells electronics iPods mp3's etc would have them.

Thanks so much for that ;)
    I'll have a check around - found them on Amazon for about £13 too.

You'd never know Ray was getting married he hardly ever mentions it :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Haven't listened in a couple of weeks, Maireads voice is like nails on a chalk board

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Was the text in about inviting a listener to the wedding genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

My main problem with the Ray D'arcy show aside from the constant reference to his kids and running is Mairead Farrell and his better half Jenny Kelly. Whenever there's a guest on all you can hear is the pair of them laughing in the background as loud as possible just so they can be heard. I don't like the way either Mairead Farrell has totally forgotten about her past and her upbringing and snaps at Ray if he mentions she's from Finglas originally. It doesn't say much for a person if they totally dismiss their own roots like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

redbuck wrote: »
    My main problem with the Ray D'arcy show aside from the constant reference to his kids and running is Mairead Farrell and his better half Jenny Kelly. Whenever there's a guest on all you can hear is the pair of them laughing in the background as loud as possible just so they can be heard. I don't like the way either Mairead Farrell has totally forgotten about her past and her upbringing and snaps at Ray if he mentions she's from Finglas originally. It doesn't say much for a person if they totally dismiss their own roots like that.

Jenny is hardly on it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

I hardly listen anymore I suppose it was my main reason to tune out. My Mairead point still stands.

• Advertisement

Ray just asked a question "how do ya.... eh.... ya know? "This is national radio station and that's the level of interviewing we have, embarrassing would not begin to describe it.

And when speaking about football must he always refer to Henry versus Ireland, he sounds like a drunken young lad down the pub going on about the seven hundred years of oppression. He needs to broaden his knowledge of the sport before discussing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I've been enjoying the show lately, but I did laugh when he thoroughly questioned the soccer ref about the Thierry Henry handball (2009) but when the Brian O'Driscoll dump tackle (2005) came up, he said 'we would want to get over it, it was so long ago!' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

he sounds like a drunken young lad down the pub going on about the seven hundred years of oppression.

I though it was 800 ;)

Ray just asked a question "how do ya.... eh.... ya know? "This is national radio station and that's the level of interviewing we have, embarrassing would not begin to describe it.

Daithi O'Shea comin on in a minute....between the pair of them, we are going to need subtitles on the radio:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Did Ray and his team really think that Rob Heffernan's wife would be free to talk to them when he was seconds from winning a race? Cop on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I was listening in the other day and ray was was interviewing some young lad who had just signed a 4 year academy contract with Man United.

It wasn't long before Ray's obsession with height and how much money people make came through during the interview.

Gave me a chuckle as I heard it mentioned in here so many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Well that was probably that 6ft 2 or more 15 year old so

Addle wrote: »
    Did Ray and his team really think that Rob Heffernan's wife would be free to talk to them when he was seconds from winning a race? Cop on!

In all fairness now he wasn't going to speak to her as rob was finishing the race. He said they hoped to speak to her, then rob won and they tried to get her on the line but it cut off. This about 10/15 mins after the race. He subsequently spoke to his agent, then rob afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

In all fairness now he wasn't going to speak to her as rob was finishing the race. He said they hoped to speak to her, then rob won and they tried to get her on the line but it cut off. This about 10/15 mins after the race. He subsequently spoke to his agent, then rob afterwards.

They were trying to get hold of her on the phone before the race was over - according to Ray anyways.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement