Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

threein99 wrote: »
    Haven't listened in a couple of weeks, Maireads voice is like nails on a chalk board

When she was taking off how GAA players (apparently according to her anyways) speak this morning it was nothing short of cringeworthy, I'd say Ray pissed in his trousers with all the laughing he was doing. Plebs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

For a guy who seems to pride himself on being somewhat of a cultchie he let himself down the other day by assuming that Dublin airport is the only place where anyone might first encounter Irish soil:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

For a guy who seems to pride himself on being somewhat of a cultchie he let himself down the other day by assuming that Dublin airport is the only place where anyone might first encounter Irish soil:rolleyes:

There's Dublin Port and Dún Laoighaire too.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

el diablo wrote: »

And all the regional airports and sailing ports !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Are ya not being a smidge pedantic there? It's a fairly logical thing to say methinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

el diablo wrote: »

Originally, for anyone arriving from USA/Canada, Foynes Co Limerick was the first Airport of arrival and then it was Shannon up until a few years, ago,IE that means ALL tourists from North America, regardless of destination, arrived on the west coast first, and that was just by air. What about ports/airports in Waterford, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Donegal, Derry, Belfast etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Are ya not being a smidge pedantic there? It's a fairly logical thing to say methinks

Pedantic? I didn't think so. Logical???? It's logical to assume that Dublin Airport is the only place someone would arrive into Ireland?

Pedantic? I didn't think so. Logical???? It's logical to assume that Dublin Airport is the only place someone would arrive into Ireland?

It's the most used Airport in the country. I live abroad and 80% of the time when I'm home I use Dublin Airport. (other 20% Rosslare Harbour taking the Ferry from France) So yeah I think logical. It's getting to the point that no matter what he says people get offended, and I think in this instance it's a bit nit picky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Can't believe this conversation started and is still continuing. Lame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

They had Ray's stag the other night (Friday) Will put up a picture on twitter. Have to say I felt bad for him as the majority of comments in reply to the tweet were of a slagging nature. Some were in good spirits, but most made fun of the fact they were old and were boring, stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jason Todd wrote: »
    They had Ray's stag the other night (Friday) Will put up a picture on twitter. Have to say I felt bad for him as the majority of comments in reply to the tweet were of a slagging nature. Some were in good spirits, but most made fun of the fact they were old and were boring, stuff like that.

People on Twitter being dicks?

Well I never! :P

When is he getting married btw?

Neeson wrote: »
    <snipped>

That's fecking harsh, it's been a long time since I've seen anyone use that word in that context. It's no longer the 1800's or the 1980s for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Most have been a pretty wild stag for Will to start tweeting during it...

I think the wedding is this coming Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I think the wedding is this coming Saturday.

Saturday? Not a civil ceremony so.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Addle wrote: »
    Saturday? Not a civil ceremony so.

Could be spiritualist or humanist or they might be having a seperate registry office wedding during the week for the legal part and then getting someone they know to perform a ceremony on Saturday.

he's just suggested leaving the child of Prague out in the garden friday night so the weather will be good for his wedding- what a bad athiest

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Not being a prude but couldn't he say, performing oral sex rather than She's giving him a blow job?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

no, blow job is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

peadar76 wrote: »
    no, blow job is fine

I wouldn't agree for a national broadcaster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I wouldn't agree for a national broadcaster

I agree. Cock sandwich would be much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

What about, mouth to south resuckitation? Almost makes it sound like a good deed was performed.

What about, mouth to south resuckitation? Almost makes it sound like a good deed was performed.

Ha ha ha, that gave me a good laugh!

Not being a prude but couldn't he say, performing oral sex rather than She's giving him a blow job?

Well if he is getting married at weekend, that's the last he will hear about it one way or another:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Not prudish either but is this topic really necessary during school holidays?
    I mean there's no way it would be a topic on Irish daytime TV :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

in fairness he does give a blatantly obvious warning that they are going to be talking about the subject. but yes he could use the phrase oral sex instead of bj.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Same could be said about the sex advice slot really.

TBH, it's topical, and as long as he wasn't being overtly vulgar (i.e. saying "Ah jaaaysus she was licking the balls off him!") then I don't really see why he shouldn't discuss it just because some parent's little precious' ears might be polluted by the real world as opposed to Elmo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Same could be said about the sex advice slot really.

TBH, it's topical, and as long as he wasn't being overtly vulgar (i.e. saying "Ah jaaaysus she was licking the balls off him!") then I don't really see why he shouldn't discuss it just because some parent's little precious' ears might be polluted by the real world as opposed to Elmo.

They do need to be careful during the holidays, though. The BAI are inclined to do a Helen Lovejoy when school is out.
    Section 2.3 Protection for Children of the BAI Code of Programme Standards states that with
    regard to the protection of children when scheduling programme material, particular care shall
    be taken in the following circumstances:

i. When scheduling programme material that is broadcast either side of programmes that are
    likely to be watched or listened to by children,
    ii. When scheduling programme material during school-run times,
    iii. When scheduling programme material during school holidays when the viewing and
    listening patterns of children can change.

RD just asked guest "and will ye be doin a bit of diving on the honeymoon?"

Hard to keep a straight face after that..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

He had the winner of the Rose of Tralee on first thing.

He asked her was she the first Rose whose boyfriend had a daughter.

She couldnt hang up quick enough on him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement