Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

BPKS wrote: »
    He had the winner of the Rose of Tralee on first thing.

He asked her was she the first Rose whose boyfriend had a daughter.

She could hang up quick enough on him.

that's a weird thing to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Wow, that is a weird thing to say. Why am I surprised by Ray being weird and inappropriate, I never learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Did she hang up on him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Just listened back, what a weird thing to say

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's not really a weird thing to say at all. It's not that long ago there was a big hoohah because the rules had to be changed to allow a mother to enter. It's not called The Lovely Girls Contest for nothing!

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/mum-fiona-hopes-to-make-rose-of-tralee-history-27877143.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It's not really a weird thing to say at all. It's not that long ago there was a big hoohah because the rules had to be changed to allow a mother to enter. It's not called The Lovely Girls Contest for nothing!

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/mum-fiona-hopes-to-make-rose-of-tralee-history-27877143.html

Her boyfriend has a daughter. Not an expert on rule book of the Rose of Tralee thankfully I doubt there are any restrictions on what a girl's boyfriend is or isn't which would disqualify the girl from entering.

What if he asked the girl "Are you the first Rose of Tralee whose boyfriend has a black father".

"Are you the first Rose of Tralee whose boyfriend has a lesbian mother".

She should have asked him back "are you the first Irish radio presenter who is marrying your producer who you already have 2 children with".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

shockwave wrote: »
    Did she hang up on him?

No, she didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Her boyfriend has a daughter. Not an expert on rule book of the Rose of Tralee thankfully I doubt there are any restrictions on what a girl's boyfriend is or isn't which would disqualify the girl from entering.

What if he asked the girl "Are you the first Rose of Tralee whose boyfriend has a black father".

"Are you the first Rose of Tralee whose boyfriend has a lesbian mother".

She should have asked him back "are you the first Irish radio presenter who is marrying your producer who you already have 2 children with".
    Ahhhhhhhhhh, "boyfriend" you say? That makes sense now, in a Ray not making sense type of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhhhhh, "boyfriend" you say? That makes sense now, in a Ray not making sense type of way.

How tall was the boyfriend? how old is the daughter? same as Kate?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    How tall was the boyfriend? how old is the daughter? same as Kate?

I wonder how much she'll earn being Rose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

threein99 wrote: »
    Just listened back, what a weird thing to say

Very weird, would he like it if she said are you the only radio producer with two bastard children?

No need to bring her boyfriends personal life into the conversation at all.

A little bit nasty from Ray there I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

what's with all the b*stard talk this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Ah Dustin on, giving him lackery...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭robo

Ah Dustin's slot was too short!!! Brilliant ending -

Ray - Pity you won't be there, but sure you will be there in spirit

Dustin - No I won't be there at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Dustin is too funny lads, was in stitches here! He should be on once a week. Every dig was gold- Ray, Will, Mairead, Jenny, Ray's Mam, Anton Savage, Pat Kenny, Newstalk, 2fm all got it. Super stuff. :D

Ray's last day today before a 3 week break, did I hear that right? Anton to fill in. Eisenberg and Mr. Weston will be happy! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭robo

Oh great what we all wanna hear - Jenny telling us all about the wedding arrangements, its as entertaining as looking at a photo slideshow of someone elses holiday.
    Can they not get on with it and give them the gooing away flowers and present that we know will be beautifully presented to them on RADIO, where we can all see them.

Of course, I'm waiting for Jenny to say "I remember when I was a kid watching the Den and thinking I'm gonna marry that man some day"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

She was in love with Ian Dempsey?! ;)

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Ray's last day today before a 3 week break, did I hear that right? Anton to fill in. Eisenberg and Mr. Weston will be happy! :pac:

Happyish...:(.Not Anton's biggest fan, but as least no more weddin talk,
    Just listening now to Ray and jenny and just wish they would STF up about weddings. Kids in the studio and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Happyish...:(.Not Anton's biggest fan, but as least no more weddin talk,
    Just listening now to Ray and jenny and just wish they would STF up about weddings. Kids in the studio and all.

Yeah, imagine them getting excited about their own wedding. Terrible stuff altogether…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Yeah, imagine them getting excited about their own wedding. Terrible stuff altogether…

I know the cheek of them... Dang Nabbit!

I have no problem with people being excited about getting married, and good luck to them, but this is on national airwaves and has been going for weeks............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Today was the worst show in a long time and that's saying a lot because most times it's painful to listen too. Thankfully I don't have to listen to him for a while now.

What time was Gary Kirwan on?

What time was Gary Kirwan on?

I think it started around 9.40-ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Dustin was great, he had aright go at Ray, however he saved his best put down for Anton Savage claiming "Savage Sunday" should be done under the trades description act:D

Can't wait for the break from him now, delighted. Excitement over wedding or not, I don't want to be listening to them ooh and aw over their kids talking on national radio. The rest of us aren't able to blabber on about ourselves at work and bring in the whole family before time off, why is he? I'd prefer for Jenny to be the presenter, she's funny and not as up herself as he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Ya I've said it before and I'll say it again, I couldn't stand her when she was on but whenever she comes back I find she's far less up herself than Ray and Máiread...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Anton...That will be me switching off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Fair play to Ray for settling with Jenny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement