Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Pity Joffrey didnt treat him like he did Ned Stark :D

What time was Dustin on at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

threein99 wrote: »
    What time was Dustin on at ?

Can't remember, but if you want to hear it it's here. It's priceless and he gives ray some stick

http://todayfm.com/Rays-last-show-as-a-single-man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Was Ray engaged to Geri before and he dumped her?

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Can't remember, but if you want to hear it it's here. It's priceless and he gives ray some stick

http://todayfm.com/Rays-last-show-as-a-single-man

Brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,915 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Heard dustins bit there. Even ray found the 2fm jab funny. I wonder how geri Maye is feeling ? Look at what she missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Ah lads. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What's with the nastiness?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Great to hear Anton.

I haven't heard one sigh, moan, patronising remark, mistake with the sound desk or getting the news readers name wrong. It's great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Neeson wrote: »
    Was Ray engaged to Geri before and he dumped her?

As far as I can remember they had a wedding date set but it ended suddenly and he refuses to talk about it publicly which is perfectly understandable.
    I would imagine because of that experience that was why he was anti marriage for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I personally think this thread has become very cruel, nasty & immature recently. All along it was people having a go at the radio show or at ray's public views on everything. His messing up of the computers and music all day long. Fair enough.

But to be referring to his kids in such a derogotary way over the last few pages is disgusting. Really, in this day & age how anyone can call kids born "out of wedlock" that name are just ignorant and cruel. Really disgusted with this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Clappyhappy you seemed to have missed the point that i was making completley.

Ray interviewed the new Rose, he brought up the fact that her boyfriend had a daughter, now what that has to do with her winning the competition is beyond me, but I felt that he brought it up to "stir it up" a little. Its true what he said but had little relevance to the matter in hand.

I equated it to someone calling his children bastards, again it would be technically true but would only be used in order to "stir things up" in the same manner that Ray brought up the whole boyfriend has a daughter senario.

There was also a head nod in the direction that the term is no longer used in its correct form and is used in a derogotary way, which is why I said that Ray wouldnt like it.

My post wasnt an attack on their children, more on Rays style of interviewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

Christ it's gone all weird here!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Mod Note: Ladies and Gents, I've seen some of the posts and they're rather nasty. These threads are here to discuss each show and not to rip presenters a new one. Posts will be deleted from now on and bans will be given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

JM Skipton wrote: »
    As far as I can remember they had a wedding date set but it ended suddenly and he refuses to talk about it publicly which is perfectly understandable.
    I would imagine because of that experience that was why he was anti marriage for a long time.

ok enough about Ray's love life. Please discuss radio show only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Ah lads..wait till he is back from honey moon...even ray deserves a break:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Listened to his interview with Jack Gleeson (Joffrey in Game of Thrones) on the podcast and he asks him if its like the Chronicles Of Narnia?! I wonder if there was any parents listening who put on Game of Thrones last night for their kids thinking "ah sure this will be harmless enough"!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Could he only get a boys size in the jacket……… :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Delighted for both of them, I hope they and their children have a very long and happy life together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

bbability wrote: »
    ok enough about Ray's love life. Please discuss radio show only.

What about when Ray brings his love life onto the show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

6781 wrote: »
    What about when Ray brings his love life onto the show?

Use Common Sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

And in his show he makes social commentary on everything once not libelous. I made a comment on clothes they wore for their wedding and it got deleted? I don't want to put up really nasty stuff or even personal things from their previous relationships.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

And in his show he makes social commentary on everything once not libelous. I made a comment on clothes they wore for their wedding and it got deleted? I don't want to put up really nasty stuff or even personal things from their previous relationships.

Ray D'arcys wedding has nothing to do with this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Itzy wrote: »
    Ray D'arcys wedding has nothing to do with this thread

It does. He talked about it every day since they got engaged. Just like he doesn't shut up about his kids. I'd never mention pat kennys kids on that thread as he never mentions them. His wedding had been discussed on his show many times so it should be able to be mentioned here once it's not libellous or over the top insulting.

There's a big difference between the show he presents and his personal life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

If he brings his personal tastes into it then it is to be discussed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭hawley

Ray D'arcy spent years laughing at Dustin mocking the appearances of Twink, Thelma Mansfield , Linda Martin etc. and there were worse comments than "Twink is plain".

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

hawley wrote: »
    Ray D'arcy spent years laughing at Dustin mocking the appearances of Twink, Thelma Mansfield , Linda Martin etc. and there were worse comments than "Twink is plain".

I don't understand where you're going with that comment to be fair. Does it have relevance with the current show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Liking listening to Anton this morning...

Although that happiness lady didn't do it for me at all, she was a bit, well, hard to say, bit hippy chick or summit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement