Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Was it my imagination, or when Dr Pixie Mckenna was on, did Anton manage to get through more questions than we normally hear...
    Maybe I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Was it my imagination, or when Dr Pixie Mckenna was on, did Anton manage to get through more questions than we normally hear...
    Maybe I'm wrong.

I thought so too. Well there is the fact that Anton speaks a lot faster than Ray... also the fact that Anton wasn't giving his own diagnosis was sure to speed things up too!! :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Richard & Judy on at present, anyone think Richard sounds very like Alan Partridge??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Richard & Judy on at present, anyone think Richard sounds very like Alan Partridge??

He is Alan Partridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

I didn't know that either... I still found it quiet endearing! I'm liking Anton on in the mornings more and more I have to admit!

I only listen sporadically (due to work...dammit!) I am really enjoying Anton on the show....he's self-depreciating in a funny way. Keep him on that slot!! (For me alone!:D:D)

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    He is Alan Partridge!

Thanks. Never realised the character was 100% based on Richard, always assumed it to be a mixture of similar type DJs /TV presenters.

Is there anyone out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Is there anyone out there?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I like Anton, is it my imagination or do rays annoying team sound redundant without him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I like Anton, is it my imagination or do rays annoying team sound redundant without him?

Most of them aren't there... Will was away for ages only back yesterday and mairead is off too afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

I see Mr & Mrs D'Arcy are on the front of VIP magazine. I thought he wasn't in to that thing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Decobuzz wrote: »
    I see Mr & Mrs D'Arcy are on the front of VIP magazine. I thought he wasn't in to that thing.

Hopefully this will be my final word on this, there is no reason to discuss the presenters personal life here. This thread is to do with the Radio Show itself and not the private life of Ray D'Arcy. Anyone found to be dragging threads off topic will incur at least a ban for 24 hours

Splinter

Splinter wrote: »
    Hopefully this will be my final word on this, there is no reason to discuss the presenters personal life here. This thread is to do with the Radio Show itself and not the private life of Ray D'Arcy. Anyone found to be dragging threads off topic will incur at least a ban for 24 hours

Splinter

I'm not trying to be argumentative here but D'Arcy talks about his private life every single day on the show. Therefore shouldn't we be allowed talk about it here if he chooses to talk about it to 250,000 people?

He talks about his kids to the nation as if everyone knows them. He could keep his family life private but he chooses not to. Every single show from July on he discussed the wedding with the last show having him talk for over an hour having his family on air. He decided to have his wedding photo on the front of a national magazine? He obviously doesn't want his wedding to be that private yet there are warnings be dished out around here at the slightest criticism of Mr D'Arcy . Is Ray a mod around here? I thought having your photos on the front of VIP magazine was beneath you Ray? Obviously not!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Complete and utter bollox.

Darcy show is about him and he talks about his family every single day.

Do we have to wait for him to mention he's on the front of VIP before we can mention it.

MCD really put the fear of god into this website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

Agreed. It's a bit rich to be telling people not to be talking about the guys private life when he CHOOSES to have his picture on the front of VIP.
    Completely agree this is a radio forum but once again most of his show is made up of him talking about his feckin kids so it should be allowed to be discussed l IMHO.

The mods seem absolutely terrified.

What can we talk about on the D'Arcy show then if we're not allowed discuss 90% of its content

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

Blind dates and crisps?

TBP wrote: »
    Blind dates and crisps?

Not to forget the agony aunt section

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

That Aisling one on today was pretty funny, never heard of her before but probably the funniest female comedian i've heard. She's pretty fecking good looking too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Did anyone else notice that Phil Jupitus called Anton 'Ray' throughout the interview!? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice that Phil Jupitus called Anton 'Ray' throughout the interview!? :D

Phil Jupitus is too fond of his own voice to realise who he was talking to. If you talk that much you`re bound to be funny some of the time.

Gonna miss Anton... have to admit thought I hope they take footage of him in the high heels tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Gonna miss Anton... have to admit thought I hope they take footage of him in the high heels tomorrow!

Oh I'm sure there will be a video of it!!

Have to say I also have enjoyed Anton, always had before, but for the three weeks he was super.
    I was on the way to a funeral on wed listening to him and he spoke to the first Irish guy to sign up for space travel. The interview seemed to come from nowhere, (as in this guy texted in to say that he was first on list and they contacted him), but I was in awe of Anton's knowledge of space travel and shuttles etc, along with his knowledge of almost everything else (except fashion and celebrities) I was thinking while listening that if this was ray he would be asking about how much money this guy had, how he got it, etc, Anton asked these also but not intrusively.
    As ye may know from my previous posts I am a huge fan of ray's and the whole team and usually defend them, but Anton has been super and part if me wishes that I could listen to him next Monday morning when I am out for my walk.

Oh I'm sure there will be a video of it!!

Have to say I also have enjoyed Anton, always had before, but for the three weeks he was super.
    I was on the way to a funeral on wed listening to him and he spoke to the first Irish guy to sign up for space travel. The interview seemed to come from nowhere, (as in this guy texted in to say that he was first on list and they contacted him), but I was in awe of Anton's knowledge of space travel and shuttles etc. I was thinking while listening that if this was ray he would be asking about how much money this guy had, how he got it, etc, Anton asked these also but not intrusively.
    As ye may know from my previous posts I am a huge Dane of ray's and the whole team and usually defend them, but Anton has been super and part if me wishes that I could listen to him next Monday morning when I am out for my walk.

Agreed, I've enjoyed Anton immensely these last three weeks. I do love Ray to, but... Anton has been a very successful change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,601 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have enjoyed listening to Anton the odd morning, seems very quicl witted and a welcome change to D'arcy to be honest.

Won't be listening once anton moves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I thought his interview with Ray Mears was very good, even Ray Mears seemed impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I thought his interview with Ray Mears was very good, even Ray Mears seemed impressed.

Agree, and it was pre-recorded. Really interesting about Raul Moat, didn't realise he was involved in that.

Agree, and it was pre-recorded. Really interesting about Raul Moat, didn't realise he was involved in that.

Have to admit, not a fan of Ray Mears, but the interview had me really engaged, and when he mentioned tracking Raul Moat I was a bit shocked, especially as I'd never heard it before. He didn't want to make anything from it at the time, so I have a kind of soft spot for him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

agreed i like ray mears and find him more interesting and real then some others and was a good interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

Missed that interview, when was that on? Must listen back!
    I too will be turning off once ray is back. I've gone from really liking the show to being annoyed by him to now downright detesting it with him on it lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement