Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The whole vibe of the show is so much better with Anton, everyone seems more relaxed, and he is a fantastic interviewer. That will all end when Dad returns on Monday, might even give Pat Kenny a listen too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Anton is interested in people and normal things, Ray is only interested in himself. Things are gonna be a bit difficult on this thread come Monday, it's going to be very difficult to give an opinion on the show without commenting on Rays personal life, particularly as we'll hear nothing but honeymoon stories etc for a few weeks, can't wait to hear what his justification is for selling the wedding snaps, is he embarking on the Z list celeb circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Anton is interested in people and normal things, Ray is only interested in himself. Things are gonna be a bit difficult on this thread come Monday, it's going to be very difficult to give an opinion on the show without commenting on Rays personal life, particularly as we'll hear nothing but honeymoon stories etc for a few weeks, can't wait to hear what his justification is for selling the wedding snaps, is he embarking on the Z list celeb circuit.

We could open a book on that, I'll have "Jenny made me do it" please.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

Relax with slagging off Ray. You might get a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I always enjoyed Anton when he filled in for Ray but that was generally for a week - this time he has been on for over 3 weeks and despite the fear I had that he would end up annoying me by the end of this week, he didn't.

The off the cuff interview with the guy who was going to space on Wednesday was exceptional. Antons thousands of hours of watching Discovery really came to the fore and he was very much at ease with the interview. If it was Ray who stumbled upon this, without any research been carried out for him, I'm sure he'd have asked the guy how tall he was and does he have a 6 year old daughter.

The rest of the team always seem more comfortable when Anton is on - Will and Mairead definitely seemed more relaxed.

Ray is a bit like the bloke you used to like to meet for a few pints when you were younger. He was a bit of craic and didn't take himself too seriously. But now when you meet that lad, you have to look at the photos of his kids on his phone, hear stories of the funny things his kids say and do, hear how his wife doesn't let him go to the football anymore and makes him watch the match at home with her but he actually prefers that as he wont get cold or wet in the sitting room and anyway the cost of tickets these days and hear how everything is the governments fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Haven't listened while Anton was presenting, is Ray back Monday? Hopefully......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Haven't listened while Anton was presenting, is Ray back Monday? Hopefully......

Unfortunately, Ray is back on Monday.

• Site Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭Stick Monkey

statto25 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Ray is back on Monday.

I wonder did he get any taller ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I wonder did he get any taller ?

Shhsshhh.

That's personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Music was a lot better this last few weeks. Less pop sh%te and more rock. Anton is a much better interviewer regardless of the topic but he hasn't played a bit of rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    Music was a lot better this last few weeks. Less pop sh%te and more rock. Anton is a much better interviewer regardless of the topic but he hasn't played a bit of rugby.

Maybe he has but just hasn't told us all about it!! 😉

I seem to be in the minority on this thread but I still don't get the Anton love in......he is the most banal radio presenter I can think of.
    Cannot wait for Monday for normal service to be resumed.....however imperfect that may be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

I seem to be in the minority on this thread but I still don't get the Anton love in......he is the most banal radio presenter I can think of.
    Cannot wait for Monday for normal service to be resumed.....however imperfect that may be

Out of a matter of interest what exactly is it that has you so excited that you cannot wait for Raymond to hit the airwaves and everything else in front of him including the eject button 17 times on Monday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

The thoughts of Ray finding and reading every depression story in the papers Monday, then a big sigh and "Good morning" fifteen minutes after addressing his audience is already making my skin crawl. Anton really lightened the mood the last few weeks and I think in turn raised the performance of the other presenters! He's certainly deserving of a prime time spot himself and comes across as very likable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

I found Anton a breath of fresh air but I can't wait to hear about Rays honeymoon, being married, missing his kids when he was on honeymoon, more stories of his kids, his wedding again, his talking down to people he dosen't agree with, telling his listeners what they should think, how tall he is and how tall his guests are, how many miles he runs, his detox after his wedding, his kids again, the time he played rugby, a text from a 38 year old stay at home mum of four in bits crying/laughing at some nonsense read out on the show, and load more boring things that makes work even more unbearable. Can't wait!!!!

Oh and him reading out the most depressing stories in the papers for 20 minutes! How could I forget that. Can't wait.

el diablo wrote: »
    How exciting your life must be.

you do see the irony in your post don't you :)

TBP wrote: »
    Out of a matter of interest what exactly is it that has you so excited that you cannot wait for Raymond to hit the airwaves and everything else in front of him including the eject button 17 times on Monday morning?

its always nice to bring a bit of balance to a thread has been fierce one-sided recently :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

you do see the irony in your post don't you :)

Nope.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

hes back!
    ok just for fun.time of first mistake?
    i reckon between 9 and 930 within the first 30 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I know mods don't want us discussing Ray's personal life but seeing as he just mentioned it on the show and also that people were criticising Ray on here for appearing in VIP magazine, Ray has just said they knew nothing about it, they didn't agree to it and hope a donation to charity would be made, or something like that. Basically they didn't do a deal with VIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Today FM running a radio course to teach technique, and advertising it during Ray's show!! That's a years worth of irony there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

The thoughts of Ray finding and reading every depression story in the papers Monday, then a big sigh and "Good morning" fifteen minutes after addressing his audience is already making my skin crawl. Anton really lightened the mood the last few weeks and I think in turn raised the performance of the other presenters! He's certainly deserving of a prime time spot himself and comes across as very likable.

i was flicking through stations in the car about 10 past 9 and heard him in a morbid tone mentioning depression. he has an awfully depressing dour way of presenting compared to anton.

• Site Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭Stick Monkey

neris wrote: »
    i was flicking through stations in the car about 10 past 9 and heard him in a morbid tone mentioning depression. he has an awfully depressing dour way of presenting compared to anton.

Probably forgot to pack the little blue pills for the honeymoon !

What kind of mental cases write these long winded emails to the show. "Hi Ray and and gang, I'm thinking of having an affair..." Terrible, terrible radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

6781 wrote: »
    What kind of mental cases write these long winded emails to the show. "Hi Ray and and gang, I'm thinking of having an affair..." Terrible, terrible radio.

My guess is that one of his team do it..............

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That John Spillane song was painful. I actually felt sorry for Ray having to sit through that. Rhyming "Belly" with "Kelly" pure genius. :rolleyes:

BaZmO* wrote: »
    That John Spillane song was painful. I actually felt sorry for Ray having to sit through that. Rhyming "Belly" with "Kelly" pure genius. :rolleyes:

Completely agree you could nearly sense the blushes through the radio.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

BaZmO* wrote: »

I don't understand the popularity of that Spillane fella on Irish radio. Is it that he's a bit touched and they all feel a bit sorry for him? I must have missed that memo…

• Advertisement

Surely Murph will bring up Blackboard Jungle with Ray?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement