Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

@deedsie,all im saying is that i thought that the song is naff,your after making a big leap from that to chairman mao style of censoring,,your right though it is the dj's call and that is the problem,btw if i wore an mp3 in work i would be fired or dead in hour,hence why i am listening to RD !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I listened to it on spotify. he'll get a few cent out of that sure. its a dose of a song if thats what youd call it.

What is a mock?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Neeson wrote: »
    I listened to it on spotify. he'll get a few cent out of that sure. its a dose of a song if thats what youd call it.

What is a mock?

Mhac not mock... Son or Friend added to the end of a sentence.

Hows things a Mhac? How's things friend/Pal/you sir/mate...

It's an Irish slang term in the west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Deedsie wrote: »
    Mhac not mock... Son or Friend added to the end of a sentence.

Hows things a Mhac? How's things friend/Pal/you sir/mate...

It's an Irish slang term in the west
    I'm from the west and never heard that before. Where is it used? Galway?

6781 wrote: »
    I'm from the west and never heard that before. Where is it used? Galway?

I've heard it in Cork and Kerry a good few times.

• Advertisement

im from cork and i never heard of it,in fact i was just going to ask you what it meant but neeson beat me to it!

mr bungle. wrote: »
    im from cork and i never heard of it,in fact i was just going to ask you what it meant but neeson beat me to it!

Big place

Big place

is it?only for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The South then ?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    The South then ?

There are 8 counties on our west coast really. But this isn't the time or place for a geography lesson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Tommy Tiernan on again today:rolleyes:

Oul D'Arcy must be counting down the days till Des Bishop is back from learning how to be unfunny in Chinese.

Let's get the Bishop countdown clock started :mad:

There are 8 counties on our west coast really. But this isn't the time or place for a geography lesson

Yeah, but I would not imagine Corkonians regards themselves as being from the West.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Yeah, but I would not imagine Corkonians regards themselves as being from the West.....

Don't think there's many corkonians know to be honest ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Heard he married that beautiful woman:D eventually. They are well suited.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Two Tone from Limehouse

TBP wrote: »
    When it comes to interviews I don't think I ever cringed as much the days I was listening to Ray interview Kevin Doyle (sportsman) and JesseJ (singer/celebrity). The man hadn't a clue and came out with a few whoppers as well.

Why, what did he say to Doyle?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Good interview with Jules Holland just on and an interesting piece about people with dyslexia today. Has been good listening so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Enjoying the killian Scott interview good craic and easy listening without being peppered with "omg he's my no strings what a roide" texts! Good job Raymond more of it please

Enjoying the killian Scott interview good craic and easy listening without being peppered with "omg he's my no strings what a roide" texts! Good job Raymond more of it please

Yep, agreed, he was really on a roll, good discussion on dyslexia, Jules Holland interview good, and he was not too bad with then Love/Hate crew...............and now we have "obsessed with tits"...sounds like a gand of 12 year olds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Jesus Christ, that story on now is horrific. That poor poor woman. :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Agree, she has had some life. It's admirable how strong and composed she is with dealing with years of horrific abuse. How a father could do that and her mother to stand by him is disgusting and unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

"That was a Fr Ted reference"... in case you didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Has there been any update on these 2?
    http://www.todayfm.com/INSANITY

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

siblers wrote: »
    Has there been any update on these 2?
    http://www.todayfm.com/INSANITY

I think (only came in half way through) they were in the studio today, and they seemed to be doing good. She was talking about doing it as part of her daily routine with the kids etc; and he was talking about walking and stuff in Dun Laoghaire. They seemed to be doing good with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Oh god. The interviews.. WTF. Saoirse is fairy easy goin but yet ray is making it so ****ing awkward!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Oh god. The interviews.. WTF. Saoirse is fairy easy goin but yet ray is making it so ****ing awkward!

No he wasn't, seemed like they were having good craic among each other. Although where he asked her about being a lonely child was a bit odd, the rest of it was pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

siblers wrote: »
    No he wasn't, seemed like they were having good craic among each other. Although where he asked her about being a lonely child was a bit odd, the rest of it was pretty decent.

Didn't sound like much craic to me. A few awkward moments. Anyway, each to their own I suppose.

That was an enjoyable easy listening interview , Ray does well with the love hate cast. Fair play to him

That was an enjoyable easy listening interview , Ray does well with the love hate cast. Fair play to him

He had them on again? No akward questions about people mistaking the cast for "real" gangsters, junkies or prostitutes?

He had them on again? No akward questions about people mistaking the cast for "real" gangsters, junkies or prostitutes?

It was just the guy who plays Danno, I say the guy who plays him because it's not real ya know :-). Surprisingly not awkward considering ray kept mentioning how Danno shifted Jenny years ago!! That being said, if you asked Jenny I'm sure she thought it was pretty awkward ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭wishinonastar

Slightly off the point but has Jenny been back at work since the wedding? She is priceless!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement