Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

newg300 wrote: »
    Excellent work, Herr bbability.

Thanks...:D

Now can we move on and talk radio please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

I know we aren't supposed to criticise his personal life, but how does that work if he won't shut up about his wedding/wife on air?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

Decobuzz wrote: »

BTW apologies in advance to the mods. I'll take a ban for this post as it slightly criticises Ray.

ha ha! Dont criticise the small guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I know we aren't supposed to criticise his personal life, but how does that work if he won't shut up about his wedding/wife on air?

He got married ???? How did i miss that:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Love hate text 1:
    Oh ray i can't believe they made tommy into an eejit
    txt 2
    Darren had a pulse....

(jaysus man he's not that good an actor he can stop his pulse!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Eamon Dunphy on now, the way he has started it feels like there will be more tears than your average xfactor episode

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

D'arcy should let Eamon Dunphy talk he keeps cutting in over him, I think I heard Eamon lt out a big sigh there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Darcy constantly cutting over Dunphy. Obvious RD is out of his depth

• Registered Users Posts: 45,463 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I like listening to Dunphy, always have. He's not being let tell his stories properly unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Would be a fan of Ray but he is making a balls of this interview, on at least three occasions Dunphy has proceeded to tell some entertaining anecdote before being interrupted by Ray who goes on to talk about a completely different story. I would have loved to hear how the Cathal Dervin story ended for example its very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

He got married ???? How did i miss that:rolleyes:

Married? God I never heard that. Anyone we know? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

There is an interview with Dunphy coming up with Séan O' Rourke.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

padd b1975 wrote: »
    There is an interview with Dunphy coming up with Séan O' Rourke.
    Is that today Paddy?
    The contrast between SOR and D'Arcy will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

He is on Radio 1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

today fm is just poor, as pointed out by texter there, fail to tell irish football scores. john duggan is the same with rugby results, speaks of leinster and munster but nothing of connacht and ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I have to say I found D'Arcy's interview with Dunphy more entertaining than Sean O'Rourke's....even if D'Arcy tried to squeeze a bit too much into it at the expense of some quality

Ray has Gay Byrne on tomorrow promoting his book. One thing I like about Ray....he won't let that condescending old codger come in and take over the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Do you reckon he reads this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

finisklin wrote: »

i dont know but he addressed the whole humming thing there half hour ago, saying they got a text in friday telling ray to stop humming at end of songs.
    ive been texting this into them for a long time, fair play to ray who put his hands up saying he was sorry and that he'll try his best to cut it out, and he said it might happen by mistake from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

I had good laugh this morning. On the Ray Foley show they discussed Ian Dempsey winning the lifetime achievement award on Friday night. Foley asked "What was that show he hosted with the muppets?" Referring to. The Den. JP interrupted and said "Muppets? Don't you mean the Ray D'Arcy show?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

There was definitely a time when it was seen at least once. I remember once Jenny Kelly (perhaps unprofessionally) reacting very angrily on air to certain things that were said about her on here. But that was probably about 6 years ago at this stage.

• Advertisement

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I have to say I found D'Arcy's interview with Dunphy more entertaining than Sean O'Rourke's....even if D'Arcy tried to squeeze a bit too much into it at the expense of some quality

Ray has Gay Byrne on tomorrow promoting his book. One thing I like about Ray....he won't let that condescending old codger come in and take over the show!

No, he will be too busy crawling up his ass

Without a doubt

Laois_Man wrote: »
    There was definitely a time when it was seen at least once. I remember once Jenny Kelly (perhaps unprofessionally) reacting very angrily on air to certain things that were said about her on here. But that was probably about 6 years ago at this stage.

Yeah...I think boards.ie and the internet in general steal their thunder as some of the stuff that they go on about has already been raised on line. Fix it Friday is not as big as it was as people can suss stuff out online.

I reckon it drives em nuts.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Without a doubt

Instant feedback, eh Ray ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

swiftman wrote: »
    i dont know but he addressed the whole humming thing there half hour ago, saying they got a text in friday telling ray to stop humming at end of songs.
    ive been texting this into them for a long time, fair play to ray who put his hands up saying he was sorry and that he'll try his best to cut it out, and he said it might happen by mistake from time to time.

I text in about the bloody humming last year, fair play to him for taking a year to cop it and address negative texts??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Today FMmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Did anyone catch when Ray implied jack Charlton had a point when he said he wasn't a real journalist. Dunphy stopped for a second and there was an awkward moment between them. It wasn't the worst interview I've ever heard but it wasn't great. Darcy is still a cranky old man though but I suppose he is in his 70's....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Did anyone catch when Ray implied jack Charlton had a point when he said he wasn't a real journalist. Dunphy stopped for a second and there was an awkward moment between them. It wasn't the worst interview I've ever heard but it wasn't great. Darcy is still a cranky old man though but I suppose he is in his 70's....

I'm hoping that was a deliberate slip :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

I'm hoping that was a deliberate slip :)

Which part? Darcy implying Charlton had a point or D'Arcy is in his 70s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Which part? Darcy implying Charlton had a point or D'Arcy is in his 70s

The double post :).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement