Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

The double post :).

Double post? ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Double post? ;-)

Darcy being in his 70's was great too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Let his religion go Ray.....he doesn't want to discuss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

finisklin wrote: »
    Let his religion go Ray.....he doesn't want to discuss it.

Tough, he's quick enough to ram it down everyone's else's throat when it suited him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Unfortunate there by Ray.

Gaybo: We have lost Noel Brett from the Road Safety Authority

Ray: (chuckling) Well he's not dead, he just moved job

Gaybo: Actually his father died last Sunday and is being buried tomorrow in Ballina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Very interesting interview with Gay Byrne, I thought D'Arcy handled it well. Can't imagine Tubridy probing him like that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

BPKS wrote: »

Gaybo: Actually his father died last Sunday and is being buried tomorrow in Ballina.

Well they had just been talking about what you would say to man at the pearly gates, and gay jumped conversation saying they had lost noel Brett, hence ray saying he wasn't dead. RIP to his dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Pure Alan Partridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

David Hall on radio again, at this stage if he charged for all his TV and radio appearances he could pay off everyone's mortgage out of his own pocket and still make a profit!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Some more great views from D'arcy on with Declan O'Rourke this morning, "no one listens to any album after track 5 anymore, the best songs are the first five 5", what a stupid statement to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭gluppers

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Pure Alan Partridge.

Hahaha, a double Partridge. One form D'Arcy and one from Byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

only heard it for a minute or two this morning so far, what exactly was your man doing with the mickey beaker?
    Ray was loving it anyway, Mairead's faux disgust suggests it was something quite unsavoury- or is she just sick of her job, maybe she wants/needs to spread her wings, I can see a future for her in pantomime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

She was all over the papers yday, saying how broody she is. NOBODY cares!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

only heard it for a minute or two this morning so far, what exactly was your man doing with the mickey beaker?
    Ray was loving it anyway, Mairead's faux disgust suggests it was something quite unsavoury- or is she just sick of her job, maybe she wants/needs to spread her wings, I can see a future for her in pantomime.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/10/09/dunkin-da-nuts/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

redbuck wrote: »
    Some more great views from D'arcy on with Declan O'Rourke this morning, "no one listens to any album after track 5 anymore, the best songs are the first five 5", what a stupid statement to make.

I can see the point he was trying to make. If you look at most albums nowadays and most of the better songs or singles are early in the track listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

nc6000 wrote: »
    I can see the point he was trying to make. If you look at most albums nowadays and most of the better songs or singles are early in the track listing.
    yes but any musician who thinks that way or allows an albums track list to be decided by others that way will only have short term success and will have no place in music history and will soon be forgotten...it's arranged in such a fashion because the intellect and attention span of the target audience is deemed low by the record company.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I didn't hear that interview so maybe shouldn't comment but it certainly wouldn't apply to anybody who would buy a Declan O'Rourke record, wouldn't apply to me for any record I would buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I didn't hear that interview so maybe shouldn't comment but it certainly wouldn't apply to anybody who would buy a Declan O'Rourke record, wouldn't apply to me for any record I would buy.
    I've seen declan live once and always enjoy seeing him perform on tv, he certainly is streets ahead of the type of artist Ray is referring to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Horse84 wrote: »
    She was all over the papers yday, saying how broody she is. NOBODY cares!!

Vip must be desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

nc6000 wrote: »

My favourite album of 2013 is Alice in Chains. For me, the best songs are later in the album.

The first five songs line would only be true for a very small minority of albums. Any musician worth their while wouldnt be happy to put out an album as described.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Vip must be desperate.

It was a story on the independent today. I mean Jesus wept like

I'm suspicious of this PJ Gallagher dare segment they have been doing over the last few days.

It was made seem like an accident that he mentioned it when he was on first. I wonder will we see footage from his mate's trip and his dare on TV some time in the next 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 salsal

Caught ray's interview with the Love hate actor who had dated jenny yaers ago, think he was a bit jealous ha .. he's lovely :P

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Was it dano ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

I'm suspicious of this PJ Gallagher dare segment they have been doing over the last few days.

It was made seem like an accident that he mentioned it when he was on first. I wonder will we see footage from his mate's trip and his dare on TV some time in the next 12 months?

Well it was either ray or pj said the other day" jeez it would be great if he had had a camera with him "and pj was there to promote some comedy thing.so id say its real enough. Well it sounds real anyway.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Well it was either ray or pj said the other day" jeez it would be great if he had had a camera with him "and pj was there to promote some comedy thing.so id say its real enough. Well it sounds real anyway.

The conversation started the last day along the lines of:

Ray: So you were saying during the break you have to head off to collect your mate from the airport.

PJ: Well he's not in until 5.30. He was away walking the camino de Santiago wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase.

And so it started:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

The John Gillligan piece this morning was very interesting.

Mairead annoyed me a bit though, does she really think a job interview is 15minutes? I've never been in an interview that lasted 15 minutes in my life. She's a bit out of touch on that considering she's been in TodayFM for years with no interviewing experience.

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Mairead annoyed me a bit though, does she really think a job interview is 15minutes? I've never been in an interview that lasted 15 minutes in my life. She's a bit out of touch on that considering she's been in TodayFM for years with no interviewing experience.
    Are you saying longer or shorter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Are you saying longer or shorter?

:) longer, much, much longer!

• Advertisement

RachaelVO wrote: »
    :) longer, much, much longer!

I've been to many many interviews down through the years and they've ranged from 5 minutes (current long term job) to over 30 mins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement