Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i heard a few minutes of darcy on Friday, twas a little cringey. Some guy who travels a lot?? Ray kept quizzing him on why he came here last..he wouldn't let it go. The asked "how friendly are we?" and kept pushing it...
    laughed when yer man said we were up there with Pakistan and Nigeria....you could hear Ray explode in silence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I've been to many many interviews down through the years and they've ranged from 5 minutes (current long term job) to over 30 mins.

Maybe I have too much to say for meself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

i heard a few minutes of darcy on Friday, twas a little cringey. Some guy who travels a lot?? Ray kept quizzing him on why he came here last..he wouldn't let it go. The asked "how friendly are we?" and kept pushing it...
    laughed when yer man said we were up there with Pakistan and Nigeria....you could hear Ray explode in silence!!

Ha ha heard that too and indignation at being on par with Pakistan, as if they were a country of barbarians . I love how when any guest comes on and says, Ireland is a great little country, Ray has almost a hernia saying that's a bit condescending to call us a little country , but spends most other days saying how we've to remember Ireland is a small country almost parochial!!! Aaaaaaaahh I dunno lads :-)

Ha ha heard that too and indignation at being on par with Pakistan, as if they were a country of barbarians . I love how when any guest comes on and says, Ireland is a great little country, Ray has almost a hernia saying that's a bit condescending to call us a little country , but spends most other days saying how we've to remember Ireland is a small country almost parochial!!! Aaaaaaaahh I dunno lads :-)

but why is ireland last? was it accident or design.....tell me ?????

But why us last? ......cmon tell me....are we the best or the worst...

yer man was having none of it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Can the ray darcy show, just for once go a week ,go a bloody day even! without mentioning a run a 5k or a ****ing marathon. Jesus its so bloody repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Did I just hear a woman on there, talking about a kitten that is between 80 to 100 kgs ?

Just heard the correction...............it was a calf! Would have been some cat though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Did Arsey actually say he is going to have his mother doing a movie review slot on Thursdays. His oul fella does the same tripe making pancakes / santa . Kate does a D4 little star thingy, now this.
    Still, no job for poor Tom.
    Soon be called The Darcy's.

Did Arsey actually say he is going to have his mother doing a movie review slot on Thursdays. His oul fella does the same tripe making pancakes / santa . Kate does a D4 little star thingy, now this.

He is having his granny on next week to talk about knitting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Ssshhhhhh....Think shes a Mod on here :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Ssshhhhhh....Think shes a Mod on here :D

Warning!!! Enough of the snaky little jabs. Keep it civil or leave.

Is that the granny who's bush Ray used to picking at when he was younger!

Is that the granny who's bush Ray used to picking at when he was younger!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

That suggests abuse of the elderly and is targeting Ray. Don't think the powers that be like that sort of thing. :)

On the quiz there, the answer was Ricky Gervais, she gives then correct answer but he advises the G is soft , not hard. Christ on a bike what a way to start Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

run and hide. Steve Coogan is going to be a guest tomorrow. I'm cringing in advance.

PaulieC wrote: »
    run and hide. Steve Coogan is going to be a guest tomorrow. I'm cringing in advance.

Am actually looking forward to it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭robo

PaulieC wrote: »

Its pre-recorded, can it be that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just listening to Rob Heffernan's manager there about the Garda sting operation yesterday. Really interesting story, but ffs, why was Ray so insistent about rushing him along. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Just listening to Rob Heffernan's manager there about the Garda sting operation yesterday. Really interesting story, but ffs, why was Ray so insistent about rushing him along. :rolleyes:

What are the chances of bumping into Nick Munier and Keith Barry while you are part of a sting operation, Ireland is just to small!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

JM Skipton wrote: »
    What are the chances of bumping into Nick Munier and Keith Barry while you are part of a sting operation, Ireland is just to small!

It's gas, when you see things like that happen in a movie you just think that it's dramatic licence and that it'd never happen, especially not twice. :D

JM Skipton wrote: »
    that was funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

Just heard his interview with Amy Huberman. His fawning and excitement over them is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

The Steve Coogan interview was ok, it was funny in parts, and Ray was quiet funny too.

David Norris was brilliant, and so far they've raised over 15k, I think that's just brill. Have to wish him well in his treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Had to laugh this morning when he read the bit about the dentists complaining about the portrayal of dentists on Love Hate and then Ray said the bit about the criminals complaining that they weren't being portrayed properly either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

"Apparently you have a tv stadion that shows knitting?"
    "Really? I never knew that."
    [Akward moment]
    "It also shows a log fire burning"
    "Never saw it myself"
    [Akward moment]
    "So how much do you make of that YouTube video? Apparently you get one cent for every view."
    "I don't know it's not sometime I looked into."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

6781 wrote: »
    [Akward moment]
    "Never saw it myself"
    [Akward moment]
    "So how much do you make of that YouTube video? Apparently you get one cent for every view."

sorry, but what is the point of this post? (awkward moment. .. . .. . )

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

When he does a **** interview, like today. He has a habit of referring to it, time and time again.

Let it die and we will forget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Anyone notice the sigh he does when he finishes reading a story involving a Government **** up or horrible crime?

• Advertisement

6781 wrote: »
    [Akward moment]
    "Never saw it myself"
    [Akward moment]
    Norwegian: you mock Norwegian slow television, but this radio show is pretty slow!
    ha take that Ray!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement