Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Norwegian: you mock Norwegian slow television, but this radio show is pretty slow!
    ha take that Ray!

He wrapped up pretty quickly after he said that. Even raised the inflection in his voice! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Isnt it awful how everyone is forced to listen to this show for 3 hours a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Gibbonw2 wrote: »

Here we go....................:confused:

Honestly, i'm getting annoyed by it. I blame the minister for communications considering it was him who put a ban ona any other media outlet putting a show out between 9 and 12. Otherwise we wouldnt be on this thread all the time. Terrible waste of our 'tax' resorts also. Keep the heads up people. You are all so brave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Honestly, i'm getting annoyed by it. I blame the minister for communications considering it was him who put a ban ona any other media outlet putting a show out between 9 and 12. Otherwise we wouldnt be on this thread all the time. Terrible waste of our 'tax' resorts also. Keep the heads up people. You are all so brave.

Today FM are a private radio station, none of our tax goes to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I just switched off. Ray is talking to some guy from a baking show. 30 seconds in and he already mentioned to the guy that he has a 16 month old and 6 year old. I assume there will be loads of "I baked this, I baked that"

Actually its been a perfect show for Ray today. Slots about running and baking, his two main pass-times.

Now if only somebody would text in to say they are dancing around the kitchen with their baby.............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I actually still enjoy the show but recently I can't help but notice that although Ray is quite happy to slam Arthur's Day and Ireland's drinking culture, he also has no problem playing John Spillane's Ferry Arms Song almost every day.

Now maybe there's some sort of irony behind the song which I'm missing, but it seems like a song which just celebrates the antics and craic of a night out. Seems slightly hypocritical cue "Ray? Hypocritical? Never" etc

Today FM are a private radio station, none of our tax goes to them

REALLLLY???!!! :o i think the context of my post is lost on you. . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Its on in work, its the neutral station for us

BPKS wrote: »
    I just switched off. Ray is talking to some guy from a baking show. 30 seconds in and he already mentioned to the guy that he has a 16 month old and 6 year old. I assume there will be loads of "I baked this, I baked that"

Actually its been a perfect show for Ray today. Slots about running and baking, his two main pass-times.

Now if only somebody would text in to say they are dancing around the kitchen with their baby.............

you do know you mustnt turn off ray. We all must listen, and then complain. Anarchy would commence otherwise

• Advertisement

R.F. wrote: »
    Its on in work, its the neutral station for us

sure it is. . . . . ;)

you do know you mustnt turn off ray. We all must listen, and then complain. Anarchy would commence otherwise

I've been enjoying listening to The Smiths for the last 45 minutes and no sign of anarchy outside my window yet. I've gone from Ray Darcy whinging about sh1te to Morrissey whinging about sh1te but at least this is enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I thought the bake-off guy was very funny. Some of his put-downs were hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

The same logic can be applied to you Gibbonw2. If you don't want to read about people pulling the piss or moaning about a topic, then a forum/message board is not to go. This topic would be very very boring if it was all praise of RD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

In fairness there never is any! Just don't insult Ray personally and it's OK!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I have found that since he came back from holidays/wedding he is much more relaxed and dare I say it enjoyable.
    The interview with the guy from Ylvis today was very funny, and I think they both took it in jest.
    I have spoken to a couple of people who have been on his show and they have all said what a genuine nice guy he is. As for the referring to his kids I don't mind it at all, maybe because I have kids myself and I know that they are often referred to in conversation. Might also be his way of trying to connect with guests and to be more personable with them.

6781 wrote: »
    The same logic can be applied to you Gibbonw2. If you don't want to read about people pulling the piss or moaning about a topic, then a forum/message board is not to go. This topic would be very very boring if it was all praise of RD.

ha ha, i think the army of likes you got there sums up this thread! First of all , don't get me wrong, as i've said before, i find darcy as annoying, as pontificating, and as charmless as the next person but i find the show ok to tune into on occasion. However, my point is a lot of you here clearly listen just to find error with him, which lets be honest is easy to do when someone is in yourt ear 3 hours a day, especially someone so opinionated. (and yes i know there are the odd few here who havent a choice due to work, but i refuse to believe that is only but a small fraction) . Anyway, i'm clearly just winding you up! Keep listening! RD x x x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Switched off listening to him ages ago, best move I ever did.

Actor from "Lawv/Hate" AGAIN!!..................

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

which actor?

• Advertisement

which actor?

Dunno the name. She plays the "Madame" in Nidges knocking shop

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

sexy janet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Actor from "Lawv/Hate" AGAIN!!..................

It's so annoying. If it was on RTE I might understand, but it's not. I really enjoy Ray but this weekly 'Love/Hate' segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Now I defend the man when I can but a month of "no no, no Christmas till December 1st"

Won't be listening to that cráic for a month.

Captivating this morning, how to remove stains from clothes...wow. RD, how do remove oil stains from tan chinos, Aggie " I don't know, bleach maybe?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Captivating this morning, how to remove stains from clothes...wow. RD, how do remove oil stains from tan chinos, Aggie " I don't know, bleach maybe?"

Ah come on now, that's a once-monthly segment, that lasts maybe 4 minutes. :P
    Nit-picking eisenberg, you're better than this. :pac:

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Ah come on now, that's a once-monthly segment, that lasts maybe 4 minutes. :P
    Nit-picking eisenberg, you're better than this. :pac:

Well, I am standing here now, with my best tan chino's, all messed up with bleach, I look like a refugee from Woodstock, I don't what I am going to for the weekend, thanks to Aunt Aggie:D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Two Tone from Limehouse

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Can the ray darcy show, just for once go a week ,go a bloody day even! without mentioning a run a 5k or a ****ing marathon. Jesus its so bloody repetitive.

I saw some clown running by my house in a fluorescent 'I ran with Ray'. T shirt. Probably one of the morons who thinks he's part of Shortys little gang who texts in the usual tripe

Doctor Pixie McKenna was on earlier.

Ray started the segment by saying to Pixie "I hear you have had some medical issues in the family yourself" to which Pixie replied "Yes, my husband broke his neck playing rugby".

Now everybody else would probably ask how is he, is it very serious or something like that I imagine.

But Ray replied with "What position does he play".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BPKS wrote: »
    Doctor Pixie McKenna was on earlier.

Ray started the segment by saying to Pixie "I hear you have had some medical issues in the family yourself" to which Pixie replied "Yes, my husband broke his neck playing rugby".

Now everybody else would probably ask how is he, is it very serious or something like that I imagine.

But Ray replied with "What position does he play".

AHAAAAA!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement