Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 64 ✭✭Rick Rod

BPKS wrote: »
    Doctor Pixie McKenna was on earlier.

Ray started the segment by saying to Pixie "I hear you have had some medical issues in the family yourself" to which Pixie replied "Yes, my husband broke his neck playing rugby".

Now everybody else would probably ask how is he, is it very serious or something like that I imagine.

But Ray replied with "What position does he play".

"How tall is he? Is that not too short to play that position?"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

BaZmO* wrote: »
    AHAAAAA!

Knowing me Ray Darcy, knowing you Doctor Pixie McKenna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Dr. Pixie is very cute.

Hope her hubby is feeling better. Did Ray go on to ask how he was now??

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Dr. Pixie is very cute.

Hope her hubby is feeling better. Did Ray go on to ask how he was now??

he said, ''i hope you keep telling him, 'i told you so'.''

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

He just did it again.....

Frank Skinner "well its the clean living, I don't do drugs, smoke or drink anymore"

RD. "well you don't drink because you are an alcoholic".....

FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    He just did it again.....

Frank Skinner "well its the clean living, I don't do drugs, smoke or drink anymore"

RD. "well you don't drink because you are an alcoholic".....

FFS!

What's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

It's obvious over the past few years Ray hasn't a clue about football, feigning support for Everton when I doubt he could name three first team players, so why he would get to interview John Delaney is beyond me. Ireland make possibly the best managerial appointments for the national football team ever, instead of discussing the new incumbents past victories, credentials, work ethics or achievements Ray digs our a few bitchy quotes from a book wrote ten years ago! Then of course it's the usual money question. Honestly he just has no clue how to prep an interview and just comes out with the same stock questions for everyone. That being said I think this is a great appointment and great to see two Irishmen leading an Irish team, like them or loathe them it's going to be great to watch :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I think it was a catch 22 as KC probably knows less about football then Ray and they didn't wana let the chance too speak too dealany pass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

It's obvious over the past few years Ray hasn't a clue about football, feigning support for Everton when I doubt he could name three first team players, so why he would get to interview John Delaney is beyond me. Ireland make possibly the best managerial appointments for the national football team ever, instead of discussing the new incumbents past victories, credentials, work ethics or achievements Ray digs our a few bitchy quotes from a book wrote ten years ago! Then of course it's the usual money question. Honestly he just has no clue how to prep an interview and just comes out with the same stock questions for everyone. That being said I think this is a great appointment and great to see two Irishmen leading an Irish team, like them or loathe them it's going to be great to watch :-)

Simple reason he got the interview....Denis O'Brien, and in fairness Pat Kenny got the exclusive with Delaney earlier and he replayed a few "bitchy" press conferences and quotes from Keane about Delaney aswell. Also it is fair to ask about the money in this situation as being Ireland manager is of national interest and all previous managers would have had to put up with questions directed at the financial aspect of the job. I like you think it's a fantastic appointment and can't wait for the fireworks to fly:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I think it was a catch 22 as KC probably knows less about football then Ray and they didn't wana let the chance too speak too dealany pass

Let one of the sports guy do it?

Or even Matt Cooper and have him play it later. He has done pre-recorded interviews a fair bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Doctor Pixie McKenna was on earlier.

Ray started the segment by saying to Pixie "I hear you have had some medical issues in the family yourself" to which Pixie replied "Yes, my husband broke his neck playing rugby".

Now everybody else would probably ask how is he, is it very serious or something like that I imagine.

But Ray replied with "What position does he play".

Who is Dr. Pixie McKenna?

Radio5 wrote: »
    Who is Dr. Pixie McKenna?

She's on Chanel 4 show embarrassing bodies and is a regular contributor to the Ray Darcy Show. Or maybe I didn't spell her name correctly which is why you are asking me. But yes, a Doctor named Pixie (or maybe Pixi).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Let one of the sports guy do it?
    They did. Michael McMullen(I think) did a more in depth interview for the lunchtime news.

Tbh, I don't know why people are making a big deal out of it, it was breaking news and Ray was on air so of course he was gonna do it. I'm sure Matt Cooper will also do it later too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Pretty sure Matt Cooper will have him on too. Think KC mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Good segment on depression. He's pretty good at making people aware of that kind of thing I have to say, taking the stigma out of it. Very interesting listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Good segment on depression. He's pretty good at making people aware of that kind of thing I have to say, taking the stigma out of it. Very interesting listening.
    Just heard some of it there in the car, will check it out later. Great interview.

Just heard some of it there in the car, will check it out later. Great interview.

It's well worth listening to. Great shares from the guys he interviewed. If it gets to one person, it's a great thing.

Great interview there with DJ Carey. No mention of Kids Height etc and all his homework done on each question

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Great interview there with DJ Carey. No mention of Kids Height etc and all his homework done on each question

absolutely, credit where its due.

Allowed DJ to talk, no cutting across, good follow up questions to what was being said..

In fairness too Ray most of his "cutting across" is with politicians trying too avoid questions.

• Advertisement

Very enjoyable interview. Well worth listening back on.

The Simon Fitzmaurice interview is very inspiring and upsetting all at the same time. That man is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Powerful powerful radio, fair play to Ray tackling the subject of motor neuron disease. Terrific interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

In fairness too Ray most of his "cutting across" is with politicians trying too avoid questions.

He doesn't have any iota political knowledge so he really shouldn't be interviewing them in the first place

His daily anti Fine Gael rant at 9am is pure soapboxing

Christ, the interview with Simon and Ruth was a tough listen. When he mentioned that the son cried when he heard Simon's voice I just lost it.

I know Ray gets criticised for 'depressing' segments but that was very uplifting in other ways. And well done for raising awareness of MND.

Simon and Ruth are an inspiration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamh1975

That bit got me too. They are truly wonderful people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Lovely rendition of a Beatles number, anyone catch the singer?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Lovely rendition of a Beatles number, anyone catch the singer?

Vyvienne Long

3 good interviews/segments in the last 2 days - the panel discussing coming through depression was an important topic to cover, the MND interview was tough listening but one couldn't feel humbled by their belief and hope and the DJ interview was ok too (ask a few basic enough questions when interviewing GAA players in the future and just let them talk Ray - KNOW YOUR LIMITATIONS!).

Pity we had to end the day with the (what seems like) daily interview with a chef. I know its coming up to Christmas and they are all trying to peddle their books but one week without foodie talk and running talk isn't too much to ask for is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Pity we had to end the day with the (what seems like) daily interview with a chef. I know its coming up to Christmas and they are all trying to peddle their books but one week without foodie talk and running talk isn't too much to ask for is it?

You mean they didn't have a Love/Hate actor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

He doesn't have any iota political knowledge so he really shouldn't be interviewing them in the first place

His daily anti Fine Gael rant at 9am is pure soapboxing
    3 good interviews/segments in the last 2 days - the panel discussing coming through depression was an important topic to cover, the MND interview was tough listening but one couldn't feel humbled by their belief and hope and the DJ interview was ok too (ask a few basic enough questions when interviewing GAA players in the future and just let them talk Ray - KNOW YOUR LIMITATIONS!).

The man cant win though really? One listener saying dont talk about what he doesnt know, one listener chastising him for sticking to "safe topics" he does know a bit about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement