Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Deedsie wrote: »
    The man cant win though really? One listener saying dont talk about what he doesnt know, one listener chastising him for sticking to "safe topics" he does know a bit about.

I was thinking that myself.

Yesterdays show was particularly good I have to say. The right mix of light hearted and seriousness. I have to say I was very touched, when he couldn't read out some emails cos he was genuinely upset. Rumour has it he's one of the nicest guys you could meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Haven't heard him in a good few days so can't really comment on it. Only that when dealing with the general public everyone will have their own opinion so you can't expect everyone to say "Great show"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Ray's guests might have some hope of making their point if he stopped interrupting them. Tried to listen to him with Dr. Harry Barry this morning and it was very annoying. Does his producer not have the balls/brains/ voice/ technology to tell him to shut up and listen to the answer to the question he's just asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Ray mentioned earlier this morning that he had a falling out with Russell brand - was this on one of his botched interviews or offline? What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭poppers

Ray mentioned earlier this morning that he had a falling out with Russell brand - was this on one of his botched interviews or offline? What happened?

i think Russell Brand accused ray of using ideas from his show and passing them off as his own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Will someone please explain the ice and alka seltzer trick to him before he blows a gasket!

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Will someone please explain the ice and alka seltzer trick to him before he blows a gasket!

I had to turn that off as my kids just got home from school. Don't mind explaining it to him, explain it to me... :confused::confused::confused:

RachaelVO wrote: »
    I had to turn that off as my kids just got home from school. Don't mind explaining it to him, explain it to me... :confused::confused::confused:

I could, but would probably get a ban:D

Google perhaps?

I could, but would probably get a ban:D

Google perhaps?

Fair point, don't want to get ya into trouble

:D

I did just look it up... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

poppers wrote: »
    i think Russell Brand accused ray of using ideas from his show and passing them off as his own.
    he did too!! How did that turn out in the end? Was Ray guilty?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I don't think so, I'd be surprised if he was. There is enough people working on TRDS to come up with original stuff I would think! :pac:

Didn't he go on Brand's show and explain himself, think that was the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gloveworm

I think it was mostly skitting on Russell Brand's side (he declared that Ray was "all up 'is co-'ost" :D) but Ray took it kind of seriously and was a bit defensive, IIRC. There was some overlap with a maximum-banana-eating-in-a-minute Guinness record and one or two other topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

is ray doing an audition to take over from joe duffy. whinger on coz a clock in a church tower isnt working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Someone texts in for Fix it Friday, "How many slices of bread in a sandwich?" Ray "Well according to Websters'........".
    Give me strength. Don't know who is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

neris wrote: »
    is ray doing an audition to take over from joe duffy. whinger on coz a clock in a church tower isnt working.

Was it hit by lightning on November 12, 1955?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Important part of Cork heritage. How dare he talk about something outside Dublin. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

amiable wrote: »
    Important part of Cork heritage. How dare he talk about something outside Dublin. ;)

Most of Today FM's audience live outside of Dublin

FunLover18 wrote: »

Nothing to do with my post

Anyone on here knows I am far from a fan of RD, but I always thought he mixed it up pretty well......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ðefinitley wont get a mention from joe duffy as its outside dublin so someone has to do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Anyone on here knows I am far from a fan of RD, but I always thought he mixed it up pretty well......:confused:
    Ðefinitley wont get a mention from joe duffy as its outside dublin so someone has to do it

Are you missing the sarcasm in his reply to the other poster? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Its a dark and wet day here in dublin city centre.

Nobody cares whats the weather like in dublin city. people there can see the weather themselfs, why would he be telling the rest of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

harney wrote: »

He wasn't using the sarcasm font, he could have least a winky face ;)

harney wrote: »

No

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Competition just on now, one of the rounds of questions is a clip of a movie being played and you have to say the name of the movie.

The clip was of Anchorman. The contestant answered "Reservior Dogs"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It reminded me of the one with the Shining going back a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Heard the promo for the show this morning. Please tell me Nathan Murphy didn't really ask Martin O'Neill who is taking the horse to France.

Heard the promo for the show this morning. Please tell me Nathan Murphy didn't really ask Martin O'Neill who is taking the horse to France.

It was a taking the mick question, slagging him off about Roy Keanes comment last week of a ridiculous question, and he was dared to ask MON a stupid question.

I feel like screaming at work now listening to him pontificating about breastfeeding. Of course he brings the Catholic church into it again as one of the factors for our "low" breastfeeding rate. It also galls me when he blames "lack of education" as a reason more women dont breastfeed. I am an intelligent woman and did not choose to- my body my right. I dont need some uo-their-arse presenter telling me I'm wrong. Im sorry for the rant but am fuming now, I have to leave the office!

I feel like screaming at work now listening to him pontificating about breastfeeding. Of course he brings the Catholic church into it again as one of the factors for our "low" breastfeeding rate. It also galls me when he blames "lack of education" as a reason more women dont breastfeed. I am an intelligent woman and did not choose to- my body my right. I dont need some uo-their-arse presenter telling me I'm wrong. Im sorry for the rant but am fuming now, I have to leave the office!

He seems to have his tunnel vision on again. He has the attitude that he's right on this and that's that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Was listening in the car awhile ago. He took the head off that guy Will when he was about to say something and it didn't sound like banter or anything. Heard him do the same recently as well about something else. jaysus, fairly unprofessional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement