Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Jaysus between Davy Fitz, Paddy Casey and Ray it's like a Hobbit convention in Today FM this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Meangadh wrote: »
    Jaysus between Davy Fitz, Paddy Casey and Ray it's like a Hobbit convention in Today FM this morning.

Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Anyone know why they dedicated 15 minutes to the Now CDs?

I usually don't like 'Email bag' load of pedants with nothing better to do that point out mistakes on TV, today however a woman emailed in complaining about RTE's 'The Zoo' containing "too much information" when it came to the lions mating. You'd swear 'penis' and 'ovulation' were dirty words, the way she was talking about how she didn't want her kids hearing such talk. What really annoys me though is that by airing these complaints you're giving this woman credibility when the fact is that 'The Zoo' is an educational programme aimed at teaching kids about the natural world, of which reproduction is a vital aspect, some people need to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Anyone know why they dedicated 15 minutes to the Now CDs?

I usually don't like 'Email bag' load of pedants with nothing better to do that point out mistakes on TV, today however a woman emailed in complaining about RTE's 'The Zoo' containing "too much information" when it came to the lions mating. You'd swear 'penis' and 'ovulation' were dirty words, the way she was talking about how she didn't want her kids hearing such talk. What really annoys me though is that by airing these complaints you're giving this woman credibility when the fact is that 'The Zoo' is an educational programme aimed at teaching kids about the natural world, of which reproduction is a vital aspect, some people need to cop on.

I would hazard a guess and say 75% of those texts are made up the RD show

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eisenberg1 wrote: »

He has 245,000 listeners and you reckon they waste their time sending in texts to themselves? You really believe this? Really?

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    He has 245,000 listeners and you reckon they waste their time sending in texts to themselves? You really believe this? Really?

Yes

I'd like to think that they wouldn't be that deliberately hypocritical given that only a few weeks back they were giving out about the prudishness surrounding public breast feeding

Well you sir, are a fool

That's nice, very adult.

This is what I suspect, regards the %, I can only guess, but one would be naïve in the extreme to think they are ALL genuine. The 18 stone crying truckers etc.

This is my opinion, I am entitled to it, and should be able to express it here with being called names.

That's nice, very adult.

This is what I suspect, regards the %, I can only guess, but one would be naïve in the extreme to think they are ALL genuine. The 18 stone crying truckers etc.

This is my opinion, I am entitled to it, and should be able to express it here with being called names.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, just like I'm entitled to think it's extremely foolish.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, just like I'm entitled to think it's extremely foolish.

Of course you are, the difference being you can do so, with being called names by me.

If you feel the need to jump to RD's corner every time someone makes a negative comment, that's fine, but try to be a bit grown up about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I know it's in bad taste but I'm looking fwd to wills impression of Nelson Mandela tomorrow already! Though if they've any sense they won't indulge me:eek:

Of course you are, the difference being you can do so, with being called names by me.
    I apologise for calling you a fool, but I still think that your comment is ridiculously foolish.

If you feel the need to jump to RD's corner every time someone makes a negative comment, that's fine, but try to be a bit grown up about it.
    Eh what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Anyone know why they dedicated 15 minutes to the Now CDs?.

Personally I loved it. The third album (tape) I ever bought was now that's what I call music 6 (after Huey Lewis Fore and bangles manic Monday!!!!!(yes I know)) to me it brought back great memories and I really enjoyed it.

Personally I loved it. The third album (tape) I ever bought was now that's what I call music 6 (after Huey Lewis Fore and bangles manic Monday!!!!!(yes I know)) to me it brought back great memories and I really enjoyed it.

I didn't hate it, I just thought it was extremely random

Anyone know why they dedicated 15 minutes to the Now CDs?/QUOTE]

It's the thirtieth anniversary of the first Now CD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Enjoyed Dustin ripping Darcy to bits there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

6781 wrote: »
    Enjoyed Dustin ripping Darcy to bits there.

Blast I missed it, kids off school so they've taken over... hope that's a pod cast!

I apologise for calling you a fool, but I still think that your comment is ridiculously foolish.

Apology accepted, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Dustin's in great form. Shame about Neil Delamere now - he's just not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

The scab on my hand is funnier than Delamare

I really can't see how people pay to see to this guy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Agree about Delamare but when he didn't want to talk about getting married Darcy should have just dropped it and moved on. It's like shut up Ray!

I loved the bit where they were doing the usual tear inducing 'thank you' emails, in this case Margaret thanking Maeve for minding her kids while she spent time with her dying mother, and in the middle of it with both women in tears Ray says "Margaret, would you take that ridiculous thing off your head, I can't take you seriously" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Anyone know why they dedicated 15 minutes to the Now CDs?/QUOTE]

It's the thirtieth anniversary of the first Now CD
    CD ?????? my nows are on tape!

CD ?????? my nows are on tape!

You're right. I should have said compilation rather than CD. I think your man said the first Now compilation to make it on to a CD was Now 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You're right. I should have said compilation rather than CD. I think your man said the first Now compilation to make it on to a CD was Now 4.
    mine had pump up the volume by MARRS and crazy nights by Kiss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Meangadh wrote: »

Nasty. :(

Radio5 wrote: »

I thought it was very funny. Obviously, that's my tall privilege showing through…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Radio5 wrote: »

Ah for flip sake, it's just a bit of craic. I actually like all three of them! I'd like to think they'd take it as a joke too. And I'm not exactly Elle McPherson height wise myself so I'm in good company with them.

And Hobbits are brilliant anyway, I'd be honoured to be one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Synode wrote: »
    Dustin's in great form. Shame about Neil Delamere now - he's just not funny.

Totally agree. Him and jason byrne.they are both ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I thought it was very funny. Obviously, that's my tall privilege showing through…

It's illegal to talk about Ray's height though. But yes it was quite the statement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement