Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I thought it was very funny. Obviously, that's my tall privilege showing through…

It's illegal to talk about Ray's height though. But yes it was quite the statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

No, this means it's that time of year when the most unfunny comedian Andrew Maxwell comes on as the Union Elf, cringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

How many baubles do you think that one is mairead. Que sound of gunshot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Was that Maxwell roaring and shouting on the show yesterday
    My god it was awful

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

It was so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

God he just kept shouting all the time- saying something louder doesn't make it funnier.

I've seen him do stand up a few times and he was alright, not really my thing but you'd sit through it- but that was just shouting and no actual comedy. Not exactly the best advertisement for trying to sell shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Was that Maxwell roaring and shouting on the show yesterday
    My god it was awful

Worse than listening to someone scrape their fingernails down a blackboard

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Totally agree. Him and jason byrne.they are both ****e.

totally!

Jason byrne damien dempsey.wow that's a scoop for the show.
    How does he get away with the same guests on time and time again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

crazygeryy wrote: »

"Text" just in from someone who had to pull over because they were in floods listening to Damien Dempsey..............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Genuine question, who actually goes to see Jason Byrne, Andrew Maxwell, Neil Delamere et al live? I could not imagine a worse way to spend my money. Even the ads for their shows that are on the radio are absolutely terrible, surely an ad should include the funniest bits of the show, if that's the funniest bits then the shows must be awful sh*te. I think it's Jason Byrne's ad that has him bellowing about Love/Hate and Andew Maxwell's is him simpering and totally patronising his audience. I don't get it, you couldn't pay me to go see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "Text" just in from someone who had to pull over because they were in floods listening to Damien Dempsey..............

dafuk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Obviously a lot of people do enjoy them, considering they're still touring and (in Maxwell's case at least) getting wor with the BBC. People on this thread are the vocal minority.

Love Chris and Stevie, such an epic song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

ncmc wrote: »
    Genuine question, who actually goes to see Jason Byrne, Andrew Maxwell, Neil Delamere et al live? I could not imagine a worse way to spend my money. Even the ads for their shows that are on the radio are absolutely terrible, surely an ad should include the funniest bits of the show, if that's the funniest bits then the shows must be awful sh*te. I think it's Jason Byrne's ad that has him bellowing about Love/Hate and Andew Maxwell's is him simpering and totally patronising his audience. I don't get it, you couldn't pay me to go see them.

I actually went to see Delamere a few years back and he was very funny. Very quick-witted and had great interaction with the audience. My gf brought me to Jason Byrne last year and while I'm no big fan of his, the gig was decent. But he's too manic for my liking. But you couldn't pay me to watch Andrew Maxwell, I find him the opposite of funny.

I assume they are on D'Arcy show now as they have DVDs and/or tickets that can sell as Christmas presents. That's how I ended up at the above 2 gigs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I could just about take Andrew Maxwell and Neil Delamere, if I got the tickets for free and a loada drink before hand... Wouldn't go to see Jason Byrne if I was paid (well maybe a million euro, but I'd still have to think about it).

Aaand there's Tommy Tiernan! That completes the quartet of comedians in less than a week! That must be a record. I'm expecting Des Bishop by Skype from Japan any minute now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Aaand there's Tommy Tiernan! That completes the quartet of comedians in less than a week! That must be a record. I'm expecting Des Bishop by Skype from Japan any minute now :rolleyes:

I do like Tommy though, so I don't mind too much. Missed it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

op by Skype from Japan any minute now

But he is in China? You are the Garda from love hate where do I collect my prize?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Fattes wrote: »
    But he is in China? You are the Garda from love hate where do I collect my prize?

ah sure they all look the same

joke

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I do like Tommy though, so I don't mind too much. Missed it anyway
    He's certainly the best of the bunch, but he's been on so many times at this stage that he really doesn't have much to say.
    Fattes wrote: »
    swiftman wrote: »
    ah sure they all look the same

joke
    China? That's even better... maybe he'll be imprisoned without trial and we'll be spared his TV show about learning Chinese....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

must be great to be able to call your mates into your office to have a good catch up and talk about your pet interests such as babies and ................... em ..... babies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

How can someone get away with getting ready to go out while they're supposed to be working?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

46 year old man in car crying....

Men in factories crying....

254,000 listeners....

All genuine texts................

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

And now Rachel "Ullen" is on.

I assume we'll have Clodagh McKenna, the young chef fella, the fish fella from Kinsale and the one with the Italian name that speaks a hundred miles an hour on before the end of next week.

Its a bit like in the run-up to an election where all political parties have equal air-time on radio on telly. Every comedian and chef in Ireland gets equal air-time on the Ray Darcy show (every month it seems).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Good interview with Daithi about his dad, i was moved, and i'm a 7ft 32 stone meat packer from wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

what did he say to the old chief exec at the Christmas party?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

It really is chronic, I'm just astonished by the listenership figures. I cannot for the life of me get my head around it. I used to love the show but it got to the stage where I just couldn't handle listening to him anymore. Just reading about the shows and the run up to Xmas makes my skin crawl, same **** every year. Fair play to em for getting away with it I guess.

Lads do ye're selves a favour and turn it off like I did if ya can at all, your day will be better for it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Horse84 wrote: »
    It really is chronic, I'm just astonished by the listenership figures. I cannot for the life of me get my head around it. I used to love the show but it got to the stage where I just couldn't handle listening to him anymore. Just reading about the shows and the run up to Xmas makes my skin crawl, same **** every year. Fair play to em for getting away with it I guess.

Lads do ye're selves a favour and turn it off like I did if ya can at all, your day will be better for it:)

honest question, what do you listen to instead. so hard to find anything decent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

swiftman wrote: »
    honest question, what do you listen to instead. so hard to find anything decent

I listen to podcasts instead like Freakonomics, Joe Rogan or Bill Burr - the last two are a tad sweary for offices though or stick on BBC6. Have TuneIn on your phone and hook it up to a docking station and that's you sorted for listening to anything you want.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement