Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

A mate told me I should listen to this goon on Monday mornings when he does some sort of consumer report with Conor Pope. My mate said it had to be heard to be believed, and he was right. I have had Darcy pegged as a self importantknow it all, for quite some time, but the level of ****e that himself and Pope spout has to be heard to bebelieved.
    They will only be listened to again, in my truck, for comedy purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

in my truck

Are you seven foot tall and 32 stone?

Sorry... :o

Flicked over for a few minutes this morning (as in literally 5 as I was brushing my teeth and stuff).

Ray: "Do ye have anything left from previous relationships?"
    [pause]
    Mairead: "The child?"
    [ad break]

:D

That was brilliantly timed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I have to say, I'm really enjoying the interview with Commander Chris Hadfield, he's so interesting, I could listen to him talk all day.... The commander that is, not Ray :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Really enjoyed the Ben Stiller interview. Credit to Ray, and Ben was open to all the questions. Also, following the interview up with Jack Johnson's version of the Piña Colada Song was great! (As mentioned in the interview)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the Ben Stiller interview. Credit to Ray, and Ben was open to all the questions. Also, following the interview up with Jack Johnson's version of the Piña Colada Song was great! (As mentioned in the interview)

Good show today all round me thinks, Ben Stiller was enjoyable, and Commander Hadfield was brilliant to listen to too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

They really need to screen the audience questions more efficiently; "Ask Ben about his dad"

FunLover18 wrote: »
    They really need to screen the audience questions more efficiently; "Ask Ben about his dad"

Agree with ya there, but seems to a developing thing in Radio, I've heard similar in Germany, Belgium, France and the Netherlands... asking and reading comments from twitter, FB and emails. Has to be said, doesn't always add to an interview or section!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Are you leaning more towards directoring Ben?

At least he took the p1ss out of himself after asking that question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

BPKS wrote: »
    Are you leaning more towards directoring Ben?

At least he took the p1ss out of himself after asking that question.

I thought he followed it up well by saying it was something like Zoolander would say! Made Ben Stiller laugh anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

I'm in tears here in the kitchen. Nutkins.

• Advertisement

crazygeryy wrote: »
    I'm in tears here in the kitchen. Nutkins.

Did ya loose your nuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Oh Christ I thought Jenny was retired. That's me gone after 26 minutes of 2014's Ray Darcy Show. She is not the only one that was dreading her first day back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I like jenny, and she keeps him in check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Deedsie wrote: »
    Oh Christ I thought Jenny was retired. That's me gone after 26 minutes of 2014's Ray Darcy Show. She is not the only one that was dreading her first day back.

Thought she'd left completely, how long has she been gone? A year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

18 months apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

heybaby wrote: »
    Thought she'd left completely, how long has she been gone? A year ?

A year and a half she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

What ever hapoened to the overweight guy from limerick that ray used to have on once a month? Is he still on or did ray drop him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

neris wrote: »
    What ever hapoened to the overweight guy from limerick that ray used to have on once a month? Is he still on or did ray drop him

Think he fell off the wagon, probably doesn't want to go back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I was tuning in and out today, I got the tail end of your one that got her partner of five years something for christmas. What exactly was the massive deal about doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I was tuning in and out today, I got the tail end of your one that got her partner of five years something for christmas. What exactly was the massive deal about doing this?

Was that the woman who gave her husband a book of boudoir pictures of her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

reg114 wrote: »
    18 months apparently

Must be great to take 18 months off work and just walk straight back in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

shockwave wrote: »

maternity leave and then probably taking off time at her own expense its possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

shockwave wrote: »
    It's private sector so she can do what she wants. It'd be different if she was a Minister or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I didn't hear the show this morning. What's the story with ray's fat lip?

1491592_616829161687978_1230144615_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Lip filler perhaps?

But whats with the booger in the nostril?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Synode wrote: »

The state of him in that picture! One would really have to question the logic of his thinking posting a picture like that on a national radio website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Heard him on Monday hijacking the segment with that doctor Pixie something he was going on about his lip to her most have knocked five minutes out of it. I was thinking no one cares Darcy. I'm not surprised he uploaded a photo of it, as the show is mainly about him and his opinion on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

How did it happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Neeson wrote: »
    How did it happen?

It just happened. It's an infection of some sort.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8 Foodle

Synode wrote: »

WTF !! Why ? Good god!!!! He's gone too far this time the partially swollen self absorbed dwarf !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement