Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Did he just ask if yetis really exist

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Some lad on email bag complaining that the benylin tv ad shouldn't be shown before 9 because it gives his kids nightmares. In fairness they told him he was being stupid but I'd much rather they didn't air such ridiculous opinions.

Arthur's closing joke in reference to Di Caprio's mispronunciation of 'Philomena'; "I'm off to meet Mr Di Caprio, I'm teaching him English. Today, I'm teaching him how to pronounce Siobhán"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Some lad on email bag complaining that the benylin tv ad shouldn't be shown before 9 because it gives his kids nightmares. In fairness they told him he was being stupid but I'd much rather they didn't air such ridiculous opinions.

Arthur's closing joke in reference to Di Caprio's mispronunciation of 'Philomena'; "I'm off to meet Mr Di Caprio, I'm teaching him English. Today, I'm teaching him how to pronounce Siobhán"

some people have to much time on their hands. One email asking why a character in fair city whos meant to be a nurse was wearing a nurses uniform outside of hospital and what was worse rte had a fully scripted response

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Laughed at one of the texts this morning after Ray went on his 'cycling' rant after his near death experience yesterday. One of the texters wrote in and said "It was probably an office worker who is forced to listen to your moaning on the radio" :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Another "hilarious" comedian on........yep, keep laughing at your own stories, that makes it funnier
    who was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

See he's looking for women that gave birth in different ways, birthing pools etc. I'll be giving that one a miss, he will be over excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I had to turn the dial this morning, him sniggering like a school boy over the word 'vagina' was just too much to bear :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Have to admit, although am a big fan of the show, I cannot listen to Fix it Friday anymore it is well past it's sell by date. I really think Fridays need an overall revamp as they have become very stale.

ncmc wrote: »
    I had to turn the dial this morning, him sniggering like a school boy over the word 'vagina' was just too much to bear :rolleyes:

Giving out about the prudishness surrounding breast feeding and he can't even bring himself to say 'vagina' in case kids are listening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Have to admit, although am a big fan of the show, I cannot listen to Fix it Friday anymore it is well past it's sell by date. I really think Fridays need an overall revamp as they have become very stale.

Com'n now, he got rid of the Odd One Out quiz. Get rid of Fix it Friday and I would think its a different station.
    Hope Stupid Cupid Kelly loses her wings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

How long is the odd one out quiz gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

"cabbage, turnip, banana". :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

How long is the odd one out quiz gone?

I only just realised it was gone, must be a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

el diablo wrote: »
    "cabbage, turnip, banana". :rolleyes:

You're not allowed to slag off the crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

"You'll get for yourself an O'Neills 'Odd One Out' hoodie."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

"You'll get for yourself an O'Neills 'Odd One Out' hoodie."

Must be the crappiest prize ever on Irish radio. One of the newstalk show's had a prize before it was one (could have been two) weeks free parking in Dublin airport car park.

ha "that gay marriage thing" which FG member said that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

That poor girl Adelle who was just on about the watches. God love her and her family, what an awful thing to have happened. He was very sweet to her, you could hear how peeved off he was and how much sympathy he had for them. I think he handled that very well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr Boom Boom

RachaelVO wrote: »
    That poor girl Adelle who was just on about the watches. God love her and her family, what an awful thing to have happened. He was very sweet to her, you could hear how peeved off he was and how much sympathy he had for them. I think he handled that very well.

What happened? Not tuned in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

What happened? Not tuned in

A house was broken into in co Louth, thieves took the safe from out of the wall. Inside were two Omega watches that a dad had left to his two sons to be given to them on their 18th birthday. He died from kidney cancer, young man in his 30's, family were due to put them into a safe deposit box today. Very upsetting for them. I really hope they find them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

RachaelVO wrote: »

Absolute pricks whoever took them, I agree with you Ray handled it well and I'd say would have replaced them himself if it wasn't the sentimental value they held. Be great if they somehow retrieved them, but with the monetary value they hold it's doubtful. Maybe someone of good conscience will be offered them for sale and turn in the scum bags who took them.

Why were graphics designers having a go at him? Something about a font? I tuned in and he was reading out texts from graphic designers "you have no idea what you're talking about" "the amount of work GDs put into their decisions, who do you think you are" etc etc. Naturally of course Ray was quite dismissive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Why were graphics designers having a go at him? Something about a font? I tuned in and he was reading out texts from graphic designers "you have no idea what you're talking about" "the amount of work GDs put into their decisions, who do you think you are" etc etc. Naturally of course Ray was quite dismissive
    Irish water spent something like 20000 on there logo and graphic and designers were texting Ray first saying how it's a disgrace and robbery etc

Absolute pricks whoever took them, I agree with you Ray handled it well and I'd say would have replaced them himself if it wasn't the sentimental value they held. Be great if they somehow retrieved them, but with the monetary value they hold it's doubtful. Maybe someone of good conscience will be offered them for sale and turn in the scum bags who took them.
    no more pricks than other burglars...however it would be nice if they returned them

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Irish water spent something like 20000 on there logo and graphic and designers were texting Ray first saying how it's a disgrace and robbery etc

Ah right, I only caught the backlash so

With Shave Or Dye on the horizon I wonder how Ray will balance his outrage at the CRC scandal and the campaigning for The Cancer Society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

What have either got to do with each other?

Synode wrote: »
    What have either got to do with each other?

Someone is bound the raise the issue of how much of donations are going to charity and how much are going to the Cancer Society board of directors. I'm not accusing anybody but someone will and I'll be interested to see how Ray handles it.

• Site Banned Posts: 263 ✭✭Rabelais

I had the misfortune of having to listen to the first 15 minutes of this today while waiting for the dentist. Genuinely insufferable stuff. A boring and monotone diatribe by a tired, cynical broadcaster who firmly believes his 'man of the people' spiel. It was the radio equivalent of a journal.ie comments section. Utterly lacking in thought, brevity or genuine conviction.

I'd rather listen to Ivan's output in the studio downstairs. Even Ryan Tubridy is a beacon of light and pomp compared to that dirge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

So Ray doesn't like Garth Brooks. That was unexpected to me.

Ray has just gone up a little bit in my estimation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement