Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

lambayire wrote: »
    So Ray doesn't like Garth Brooks. That was unexpected to me.

Ray has just gone up a little bit in my estimation.

Thats now wait till closer to July and we will see a change in him

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Rough going for that poor woman, Ray handled it well. Hope he doesn't fill the texts section with "bawling my eyes out here texts "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Very emotional interview, poor woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Magic stuff with Dustin there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Jaysus!!! Neil Delamare and PJ Gallagher AGAIN!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Rays in heaven talking about births. I think ray wants to be the 1st man in Ireland to give birth. Tthis first one sounds like a right nut job. Flower power, peace man and all that weird stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

I think this is the worst segment i have ever heard on radio.

Before people say "why listen" it is on in work, it is the neutral station so I cannot change it.

Getting off on giving birth is not right. And ray sounds like he is loving it.

Freaks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

neris wrote: »
    Rays in heaven talking about births. I think ray wants to be the 1st man in Ireland to give birth. Tthis first one sounds like a right nut job. Flower power, peace man and all that weird stuff

I can think of more choice words to describe her. That accent is grating, and the second husbands name is 'shaggy'? First husband got off lightly there id say.

R.F. wrote: »
    Getting off on giving birth is not right. And ray sounds like he is loving it.

Thats the problem he is getting off on it. Births, babies and kids makes his day.

I turned off during the 1st Hippy. Disturbing she had an 11yo involved as a key person in the 2nd birth and just weird that they made practice runs at it to

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

SeaFields wrote: »
    I can think of more choice words to describe her. That accent is grating, and the second husbands name is 'shaggy'? First husband got off lightly there id say.

She had no time for music but plenty of time to get the sheep skin rugs on the ground and candles all around the room. I feel sorry for the kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

BPKS wrote: »
    She had no timer music but plenty of time to get the sheep skin rugs on the ground and candles all around the room. I feel sorry for the kids.

Yea and if something went wrong with the birth she would be blaming everyone but herself and her sheep skin effin rugs.

Thats the problem he is getting off on it. Births, babies and kids makes his day.

I turned off during the 1st Hippy. Disturbing she had an 11yo involved as a key person in the 2nd birth and just weird that they made practice runs at it to

I missed the segment, when you "involved" like was the kid cutting the cord? And superdad Ray was OK with that?

I might try catch the podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I missed the segment, when you "involved" like was the kid cutting the cord? And superdad Ray was OK with that?

I might try catch the podcast

Sweet god, this went way beyond a kid cutting the chord... and I mean WAY beyond. It was the strangest recount of a birth I've ever heard, and she didn't hold back either! Do listen to it, if nothing else your stomach can churn like the rest of us!

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Sweet god, this went way beyond a kid cutting the chord... and I mean WAY beyond. It was the strangest recount of a birth I've ever heard, and she didn't hold back either! Do listen to it, if nothing else your stomach can churn like the rest of us!

OK, i have it downloaded I'll get back to when I've listened

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

FunLover18 wrote: »
    OK, i have it downloaded I'll get back to when I've listened

Keep a sick bag handy... you have been warned, which is more then we got!:confused::confused::confused:

Maybe it was because I had warning but I didn't find it that bad. I do feel slightly sorry for little Nathan.

The most shocking moment for me was when on being offered the video of the home birth Ray said "I don't think I want to see somebody else's baby being born" :eek:

Doesn't he want to be the first person to broadcast a live birth? "I want to hear it and broadcast it across the nation, but I don't want to see it"

Ignorance of some of the listeners though "They're wrong, birth is not orgasmic, I was in agony" Jesus, do they actually think it's the same for everyone or that that's what they were saying?

Ray said vagina!

istock_000000344280small-1--3c0d7789d5ce8a9ea43ea27fb0564006c481ba11-s6-c30.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I thought the graphic designer who wrote a long E-Mail this morning made some valid points which Ray dismissed by saying his tongue was in his cheek with that whole segment. I could reproduce the Coca-Cola, McDonalds, Apple etc logo myself with a crayon and some paper, wouldn't even need to purchase any fancy fonts, perhaps the Mail was slightly over the top but I think the guy deserved a modicum of contrition from Ray in either case, I don't think he'd take it lying down if someone with no experience suggested they could do his job as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

contrition from Ray

Does Ray ever say sorry?

I don't think he'd take it lying down if someone with no experience suggested they could do his job as well.

stop, stop, eject. thats not meant to be there :rolleyes: (the very same guy who said last week its easy to play music off a computer)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Addle wrote: »
    Does Ray ever say sorry?

To be fair he did apologise, he said at the end of reading it out, "if I offended anyone I am sorry".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I couldn't take the woman who kept calling her husband "Shaggy" seriously. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

darcy show is turning into a misery slot. Every second item is about cancer or motor neuron disease or some such. Then 20 texts about people bawling their eyes out. He thrives on this ****. and kids, that birth thing yeaterday jesus. Shaggy....ffs

He must be compiling an audition tape of misery to send to rte when joe duffy packs it in on liveline

The survivalist guy was actually quite interesting and normal, then he dropped the bomb "your kids will never eat fish that's a fact" it's not a fact they could have square cod and chips now if they liked. He even stunned Ray to momentary silence with hi Fukashima ramblings!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

The survivalist guy was actually quite interesting and normal, then he dropped the bomb "your kids will never eat fish that's a fact" it's not a fact they could have square cod and chips now if they liked. He even stunned Ray to momentary silence with hi Fukashima ramblings!

Agree fully, he was being slightly sensationalist and after the fish comment I didn't take anything else he said seriously

Im sorry for your man with the M.S but he is an insufferable attention seeking fool and as he rightly described himself a media whore. Somthing about failed wanabe musicians/tv stars etc where they have to be constantly seeking media attention, nearly like their missing some sort of love in their in life and they think the media gives them that love and affection

Im sorry for your man with the M.S but he is an insufferable attention seeking fool and as he rightly described himself a media whore. Somthing about failed wanabe musicians/tv stars etc where they have to be constantly seeking media attention, nearly like their missing some sort of love in their in life and they think the media gives them that love and affection

I have to agree but I actually laughed out loud reading your comment, it's almost like this guy was the straw that broke the camels back for you, then you explode like mount Etna in a furious anger :-) he was actually begging for a job in media on air. If he was so desperate for work he'd be non specific and prepared to do anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

is he the joe from the eurovision brother and sister act ?

• Advertisement

Heckler wrote: »
    is he the joe from the eurovision brother and sister act ?

The very one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement