Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

I have to agree but I actually laughed out loud reading your comment, it's almost like this guy was the straw that broke the camels back for you, then you explode like mount Etna in a furious anger :-) he was actually begging for a job in media on air. If he was so desperate for work he'd be non specific and prepared to do anything!

Im just getting fed up with the amount of newspaper/radio space these people & their egos are taking up now a days and the papers/radios pushing them as if their someone who thinks the whole country needs to know about their personal life and if we dont know the whole world will implode. That individual and his sister had their r day in the sun. If they had been any good they would have been snapped up by a record label and given a deal or someone else in media/entertainment would have given it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

neris wrote: »
    Im just getting fed up with the amount of newspaper/radio space these people & their egos are taking up now a days and the papers/radios pushing them as if their someone who thinks the whole country needs to know about their personal life and if we dont know the whole world will implode. That individual and his sister had their r day in the sun. If they had been any good they would have been snapped up by a record label and given a deal or someone else in media/entertainment would have given it to them.

At least we can relax now and enjoy the sound of people eating on air!! Nothing more enjoyable than that...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I feel sorry for him, he's at home waiting for the phone to ring and lo and behold ...it does!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

If they're going to get someone with MS on I'd rather they got an ordinary joe I can relate to.

"I have a great idea for a segment! Let's get the girl who wrote the book about lunch on, and we'll ask her if she's ever tried a crisp sandwich! We can even get the listeners to send in their own favourite lunches and ask her if she's tried them!'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

On their homepage they have a section for 'how the money is spent' and a link to Irish Cancer Society website with more details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Really have sympathy for Joe, and fair f*cks to him for remaining so positive and upbeat after what must have been an almighty kick.

However, I thought it was rather sad to hear him pleading for work at the very end. Saying he wanted to get as much work as he could, while he could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Really have sympathy for Joe, and fair f*cks to him for remaining so positive and upbeat after what must have been an almighty kick.

However, I thought it was rather sad to hear him pleading for work at the very end. Saying he wanted to get as much work as he could, while he could.

He has pleaded for work every time he's been on. Even before he had ms.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    He has pleaded for work every time he's been on. Even before he had ms.

Im sure theres a lidl or aldi in athlone he could just drop into and see if their taking in staff

Im sure theres a lidl or aldi in athlone he could just drop into and see if their taking in staff

Or maybe an m&S :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭srfc d16

Rays in heaven talking about births. I think ray wants to be the 1st man in Ireland to give birth. Tthis first one sounds like a right nut job. Flower power, peace man and all that weird stuff

I just listened back to this section after reading about it here.
    That was truly surreal. Shaggy?

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Or maybe an m&S :eek:

Careful now the easily offended pc brigade will be up in arms.

Another "how do i tell my partner im pregnant". **** sake he must do 1 of these sad texts every few weeks

5 minutes of Ray trying to talk a furbee to sleep over the radio, Jesus H!!:mad:

"Well, that didn't really work. After 15 years we should know that things like this never work"

Do people care that Maura Derrane is pregnant? I had to google her.

And then Ray gives her the usual inquisition; where are you having it, are you planning on breast feeding?

He has just asked Maura Derranne does she plan to Breastfeed? - what a dick, why is that anyones business except her own, insufferable little man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr Boom Boom

He has just asked Maura Derranne does she plan to Breastfeed? - what a dick, why is that anyones business except her own, insufferable little man

You said little ! Have he ever been officially measured ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Do people care that Maura Derrane is pregnant? I had to google her.

And then Ray gives her the usual inquisition; where are you having it, are you planning on breast feeding?

Who is she?

You said little ! Have he ever been officially measured ?

He's 5' 8"

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Who is she?

Daithí Ó Sé's missus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr Boom Boom

Daithí Ó Sé's missus

Heard they were having a sprog alright. Hardly front page news though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Daithí Ó Sé's missus

Cheers, never heard of her. He is an ass for asking and she is worse for answering.................

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Daithí Ó Sé's missus

She's only his co-presenter. She's married to Fine Gael TD John Deasy.

You're right! My bad. It still doesn't make it any more interesting though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Did anything come of the road rage guy in the van who shouted abuse at a guys 78 year mother in Athlone?

It was at the start of the programme.

Triangla wrote: »
    Did anything come of the road rage guy in the van who shouted abuse at a guys 78 year mother in Athlone?

Nope. The guy who sent in the original complaint emailed a second time but they didn't find the guy or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

You're right! My bad. It still doesn't make it any more interesting though :D

Absolutely not!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Now if Daithi was the dad, THAT WOULD BE A STORY WORTH LISTENING TO:D

The fact that she's an RTE employee will mean she will be on the LLS in the next couple of weeks talking about becoming a mum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Triangla wrote: »

Yea he got the death sentence. Aka to listen to ray darcy 24/7 for the rest of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I can't help but notice Ray is absent from the advert for the school of radio course Today FM are running

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

I can't help but notice Ray is absent from the advert for the school of radio course Today FM are running

He was too busy putting his application together

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement