Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

I'd be more curious as to the sense in paying such a lazy host vast amounts of money

That's what i'm curious about. He's entitled to earn what he does but the fact he's so unprofessional and lazy is what gets to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Then I supposed you have to question those that still listen to him! I have no choice because it's the office selection but I used to love the show back in the day

He infuriates me so much now though

I'm a fan of the show, always was. I tune in specifically to hear him. Don't always like every segment he does, but then it's unlikely everyone would. I don't listen to KC or Tony, and then back to Matt Cooper. I don't have the luxury of tuning in via radio, so it's streaming all the way. So question away.. :)

mr bungle. wrote: »
    Somebody must must have mentioned to dara to calm down saying aaahh at the end of every sentence,

It was probably Ray before the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Then I supposed you have to question those that still listen to him! I have no choice because it's the office selection but I used to love the show back in the day

Probably because for most people, there's really no alternative worth listening to at that time slot. Best of a bad lot for most people I reckon.

RachaelVO wrote: »
    I'm a fan of the show, always was. I tune in specifically to hear him. Don't always like every segment he does, but then it's unlikely everyone would. I don't listen to KC or Tony, and then back to Matt Cooper. I don't have the luxury of tuning in via radio, so it's streaming all the way. So question away.. :)

Do you text in telling Ray that you're crying when he interviews a sick person or perhaps you text in to tell him that you've a huge crush on some soap star he's interviewing.

• Advertisement

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    That's what i'm curious about. He's entitled to earn what he does but the fact he's so unprofessional and lazy is what gets to me.

Ratings is again the explanation for this. He can spend three hours a day being as lazy and unprofessional as he wants if still gets the ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

mr bungle. wrote: »
    Somebody must must have mentioned to dara to calm down saying aaahh at the end of every sentence,

He's hilarious on Just A Minute, can't go ten seconds without being interrupted for hesitation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

It would be interesting to see the poll for this topic reopened as the old one is a few years old, and compare the results.

Speaking of his obsession with money, it really annoyed me a few months ago when he was interviewing Alan Shatter and in reference to the re issue of his book 'Laura' he asked him:

"so what will you do with the money, will you give it to charity?"

what a dick, he couldn't stomach that as a politician he would be getting extra money, so he put him on the spot and tried to shame him into giving it away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

wouldn't life be very boring if we all liked the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

JM Skipton wrote: »
    wouldn't life be very boring if we all liked the same thing.

It would also be very boring if we didn't question the taste of others!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

It would also be very boring if we didn't question the taste of others!

Correct and wasn't contended

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Good lord that's giving me a headache, are you giving out to baZmo because he's making the same point as you?

He's 100% right Ray is entitled to every cent of that as it's a private company regardless of what we think.

No I was been a bit pedandic with him by saying it does not matter what sector you are in if they chose you to get x salary then so be it I was actually agreeing with him but not doing a great job in doing it

No I was been a bit pedandic with him by saying it does not matter what sector you are in if they chose you to get x salary then so be it I was actually agreeing with him but not doing a great job in doing it

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Do you text in telling Ray that you're crying when he interviews a sick person or perhaps you text in to tell him that you've a huge crush on some soap star he's interviewing.

No,just when I'm dancing round the kitchen with the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

FunLover18 wrote: »
    *cough*

Ya i know. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

good one on twitter from Dustin earlier

Dustin The Turkey ‏@DustinOfficial 53m
    Anyone know whatever happened to Ray D'Arcy, lad who used be on The Den? Small little bogger lad, snogged Anne Doyle a lot. Love to know...

good honest reply aswell

@DustinOfficial he presents a ladies self help show about periods and menopause on @todayfmofficial weekdays 9-12

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

Absolutely brilliant lol

No, only when I have to pull the lorry I driving over to the hard shoulder cos I can't see with the tears in my eyes :)

Texter had a go at him for always going on about breastfeeding, Ray's response;

"No, no, you think I go on about it all the time, but that's just because you're tuned into it. I actually don't."

• Advertisement

Ray is broadcasting off his high horse today. Got very cranky over that condom prank

neris wrote: »
    Ray is broadcasting off his high horse today. Got very cranky over that condom prank

You'd have to be an absolute geebag to pull a prank like that on somebody.

You'd have to be an absolute geebag to pull a prank like that on somebody.

Agreed, it's a b****xy thing to do!

When he said that he knew a few pranksters and it sometimes went too far I couldn't help think of the Foley-mug story mentioned earlier.

But the condom prank is very stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

What was the condom prank? What have I missed?! :eek:

ray said at first it was an open condom then few minutes later said it was used.

the way he was going on i wouldnt say ray likes practical jokes. id say hes been on the receiving end of alot and is the kind of guy who cant do them

What was the condom prank? What have I missed?! :eek:

some bloke wrote in to say his wife found an open condom in his work trousers when she was putting them in the wash and he was cheating and hadnt been unfaithful and couldnt figure out which of his work mates had done it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Let the car crash begin.

David McSavage is currently being interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Dave McSavage........this should be interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

some bloke wrote in to say his wife found an open condom in his work trousers when she was putting them in the wash and he was cheating and hadnt been unfaithful and couldnt figure out which of his work mates had done it to him.

That genuinely wouldn't be funny though I'm sweating just thinking about it!! Might be that oruthe tension in the David McSavage interview, I'd say Ray is terrified of him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement