Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Jaysus, Dave shot down Moone Boy fairly fast. He has a very dry sense of humour

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

FunLover18 wrote: »

Maybe that's because moone boy is sh1te :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

mr bungle. wrote: »

I love Chris O'Dowd, but agreed, Moone Boy couldn't be unfunnier imo.

Love when David McSavage is on, he's so dry. Ray & team are either terrified by him or have great craic with him, and I find both entertaining! Love how Ray tried to get the awkwardness out of the way at the start! :pac:

Edit: I'm in stitches at the Pat Kenny introducing the Ramones!

Well, I like Moone Boy ... so there.

His Pat Kenny impression is fairly ****e though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

There isn't much Ray can do with interviews with McSavage to be fair, the man is awkwardness personified. I can imagine him waking up in the sweat the night before these interviews (I'm talking about McSavage).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Some radio stations do the death announcements, Ray announces all the births.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

mr bungle. wrote: »
    I loved the first series of Moone Boy, thought it was nostalgic and funny. Not blown away by the second series so far I must say. I find Dave McSavage about as funny as a dose of genital warts. I just hate that kind of comedy that revolves solely on belittling people and trying to embarrass them. With regards to the condom ‘practical joke’, what a lousy thing to do. I consider myself to be up for a laugh, but I am not a fan of practical jokes either, 99% of the time they are just cruel and then the victim is the one that looks like an a**hole if they don’t find it hilarious.

ncmc wrote: »
    I loved the first series of Moone Boy, thought it was nostalgic and funny. Not blown away by the second series so far I must say. I find Dave McSavage about as funny as a dose of genital warts. I just hate that kind of comedy that revolves solely on belittling people and trying to embarrass him. With regards to the condom ‘practical joke’, what a lousy thing to do. I consider myself to be up for a laugh, but I am not a fan of practical jokes either, 99% of the time they are just cruel and then the victim is the one that looks like an a**hole if they don’t find it hilarious.

Genital warts are hilarious on someone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

David McSavage is one of the few genuinely funny Irish comedians out there. The Savage eye was absolute genius

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Well, I like Moone Boy ... so there.

His Pat Kenny impression is fairly ****e though

Me too. I think its bloody brilliant.

Can't stand Ray D'Arcy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Enjoy both Moone Boy and the Savage Eye, but thought the interview was incredibly dull and boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭WexTK

I was listening there today when 2 Fair City actresses were on and Ray read out a text where a listener called the actress in studio a "milf" and another text said the other one would be his "no strings". As a guy, I find these texts cringe inducing when I hear them read out.... Think of definition of M.I.L.F., I'm far from a prude but reading out such a text to a married actress mother of 3 boys feels wrong to me.... I really think M.I.L.F. is an acronym that doesn't belong in mainstream language, crikey if it doesn't objectify women what does?

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

WexTK wrote: »
    I was listening there today when 2 Fair City actresses were on and Ray read out a text where a listener called the actress in studio a "milf" and another text said the other one would be his "no strings". As a guy, I find these texts cringe inducing when I hear them read out.... Think of definition of M.I.L.F., I'm far from a prude but reading out such a text to a married actress mother of 3 boys feels wrong to me.... I really think M.I.L.F. is an acronym that doesn't belong in mainstream language, crikey if it doesn't objectify women what does?

Rant over.

I hate these texts and everytime he reads one out I wanna smash the radio to bits. What kind of sad act sits there writing something like that. You'd think someone with a bit of cop on like Will would stop giving him these texts to read out on air.

Rant over.
    Dargull wrote: »
    I hate these texts and everytime he reads one out I wanna smash the radio to bits. What kind of sad act sits there writing something like that. You'd think someone with a bit of cop on like Will would stop giving him these texts to read out on air.

I never really thought about it before but I suppose you both have points. Although in fairness he does read out similar texts from women regarding male guests. With regard to "issues" Ray can be ridiculously hypocritical. In general I've always found them annoying but mainly because I don't know what reaction Ray hopes to get from the guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I heard bits & pieces in passing today, but the last bit on, did he really say this to yer wan who had the fling with Paul,"You look like you're dressed to cause trouble"

He really got pissed off the other day when he rang Danske bank & got hung up twice & got finally talking to a third person, maybe they hung up after hearing what he's got in his piggy bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Holy crap. Now I gotta listen to the podcast. The only opinions I've heard re Moone Boy is that it's a work of genius.
    I used to think McSavage's only schtick was theccomedy of embarrassment but The Savage Eye was one of the sharpest pieces of TV in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Rant over.

Ray must have a few 16 year old lads skipping school listening or else hes a few older lads who have the mental age of a 16yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Oh here another dating night with Cupid focking Kelly! An as I type this Ray is talking about an original idea!! The smack of irony is like getting hit in the face with a hurl!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

Aggie, what would you recommend to remove ray darcy from the air waves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I heard bits & pieces in passing today, but the last bit on, did he really say this to yer wan who had the fling with Paul,"You look like you're dressed to cause trouble"

He really got pissed off the other day when he rang Danske bank & got hung up twice & got finally talking to a third person, maybe they hung up after hearing what he's got in his piggy bank.

Or "ye have the look of a temptress about ye"..............cringe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

What makes 'Cupid Kelly' an expert in setting up people. She met Ray at the age of 60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    What makes 'Cupid Kelly' an expert in setting up people. She met Ray at the age of 60

They strike me as one of those insufferable couples who think just cause they are in a relationship then everyone else has to be as well.

threein99 wrote: »
    They strike me as one of those insufferable couples who think just cause they are in a relationship then everyone else has to be as well.

And have kids and breastfeed ... I presume Jenny breastfed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

And have kids and breastfeed ... I presume Jenny breastfed

I'd say she has huge norks.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

el diablo wrote: »
    I'd say she has huge norks.

She said herself their massive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

neris wrote: »
    She said herself their massive

Uh when?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Well with last nights shenanigans at The Late Late Show, that's Mondays show all taken care of already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

lambayire wrote: »
    Well with last nights shenanigans at The Late Late Show, that's Mondays show all taken care of already.

Elaborate for those of us unfortunate not too catch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I'm not sure how to embed video on here. See the link below.
    I'm sure it's all up on the RTE Player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK20MrGLfC0

Descending towards Jerry Springer stuff at times with a row between Billy from Aslan and Louis Walsh and Linda Martin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Capone79

I do listen to it, but some things annoy me like when Ray starts getting teary eyed at the slight mention of a thankful letter or Jenny's radio voice, seriously nobody speaks like that,it's so fake it's nearly as bad as Rachel Allen saying "Booonnned".Another with a horrible radio voice/accent is Lottie Ryan, that would take the paint off a wall.The best show for me is Rick and Cormac.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement