Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Uh when?

When they have talked about and got fitted live on air for sport s bras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

crazygeryy wrote: »
    When they have talked about and got fitted live on air for sport s bras.

Missed that thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Missed that thanks

You didn't, trust me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Up on the Irish Times website, there is a very good Q & A with Enda Kenny. Loads of questions are asked of him.

Ray D'Arcy asks:
    During the leaders’ debate in February 2011 you stated that suicide, self-harm and mental health were an “absolute priority”. So what has the Government done to prioritise suicide prevention in the last three years?

Enda Answers:
    Well, I thought Ray D’Arcy was going to emigrate if I became Taoiseach. That’s the first thing that I would say to Ray.

Enda then goes on to answer the question but I thought that was a very funny riposte.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

lambayire wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to embed video on here. See the link below.
    I'm sure it's all up on the RTE Player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK20MrGLfC0

Descending towards Jerry Springer stuff at times with a row between Billy from Aslan and Louis Walsh and Linda Martin.

Just for future reference, to embed a video you can wrap the link to the video in tags like this:

[noparse]
    [/noparse]

Which gives:

So it appears the LLS realised that Eurosong was boring and pointless so they decided to orchestrate some controversy to generate some publicity. Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

lambayire wrote: »
    Up on the Irish Times website, there is a very good Q & A with Enda Kenny. Loads of questions are asked of him.

Ray D'Arcy asks:
    During the leaders’ debate in February 2011 you stated that suicide, self-harm and mental health were an “absolute priority”. So what has the Government done to prioritise suicide prevention in the last three years?

Enda Answers:
    Well, I thought Ray D’Arcy was going to emigrate if I became Taoiseach. That’s the first thing that I would say to Ray.

Enda then goes on to answer the question but I thought that was a very funny riposte.

Something I'll actually be interested to hear from Ray; a reaction to our Taoiseach's dig at him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

As soon as I saw that question I thought "what'll the boardsies on this thread think?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

As soon as I saw that question I thought "what'll the boardsies on this thread think?"

In fairness..... Who cares.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

el diablo wrote: »
    In fairness..... Who cares.

Me?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Addle wrote: »
    Something I'll actually be interested to hear from Ray; a reaction to our Taoiseach's dig at him!

Im sure he'll have a tantrum at Enda daring to make light of his very serious issue, most likely a fist slam, two sighs and an "I dunno lads, where do we go from here? Where do we go".
    I think Ray genuinely believes he is of the calibre of Vincent brown when taking our politicians to task, when more often than not he comes across as a petulant child shouting over people and interrupting when presented with people who actually know how to debate an issue!

I always get the feeling Ray tries to come across as a people's champion when interviewing politicians but in actual fact he's more to be laughed at than feared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Im sure he'll have a tantrum at Enda daring to make light of his very serious issue, most likely a first slam, two sighs and an "I dunno lads, where do we go from here? Where do we go".
    I think Ray genuinely believes he is of the calibre of Vincent brown when taking our politicians to task, when more often than not he comes across as a petulant child shouting over people and interrupting when presented with people who actually know how to debate an issue!

I always get the feeling Ray tries to come across as a people's champion when interviewing politicians but in actual fact he's more to be laughed at than feared.

That'd be my expectation too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I just had a look at the Irish Times Q&A:

Dave McSavage: Is it true you were invented in a shed by farmers?

EK: Eh, no

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

You know i was watching Gravity last night & then for some reason, i remembered the spoiler
    It's a pity George Clooney only lasts for 15m
    before the end of his show on Fri, as i must have blocked it out til then, the plonker :mad:

If anyone can get the quote Daily Mirror afaik from when Dan Healy became boss, he was asked, i think it went like this "if he was gonna poach anyone for the station like Ian Dempsey back, he'd said "he wasn't going to take anyone away from TodayFM inc Ray D'Arcy as he takes too many holidays & will have to get someone to cover him, it would be pointless"

You know i was watching Gravity last night & then for some reason, i remembered the spoiler
    It's a pity George Clooney only lasts for 15m
    before the end of his show on Fri, as i must have blocked it out til then, the plonker :mad:

In the interview with the Anchorman 2 lads, he gave away the cameos they'd got for the brawl. I still haven't seen it yet, but I was so annoyed just at the principal of the thing. And when people texted in giving out he was all "Ah would you get over it". You could even hear in the interview that the cast were uncomfortable with him revealing the cameos. Even he doesn't believe himself that these things don't count as spoilers, public consensus is that they do and he should abide by that "the voice of the people".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

FunLover18 wrote: »
    In the interview with the Anchorman 2 lads, he gave away the cameos they'd got for the brawl. I still haven't seen it yet, but I was so annoyed just at the principal of the thing. And when people texted in giving out he was all "Ah would you get over it". You could even hear in the interview that the cast were uncomfortable with him revealing the cameos. Even he doesn't believe himself that these things don't count as spoilers, public consensus is that they do and he should abide by that "the voice of the people".[/QUote

You will have a better day if you STOP LISTENING TO HIM!!!!!!!

I know, I know

tumblr_m1tq0l7b3l1qieybw.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

FunLover18 wrote: »
    In the interview with the Anchorman 2 lads, he gave away the cameos they'd got for the brawl. I still haven't seen it yet, but I was so annoyed just at the principal of the thing. And when people texted in giving out he was all "Ah would you get over it". You could even hear in the interview that the cast were uncomfortable with him revealing the cameos. Even he doesn't believe himself that these things don't count as spoilers, public consensus is that they do and he should abide by that "the voice of the people".

I have no control, of the dial that is, as its on in the background :(

The same thing would happen to Love/Hate spoilers on Mon morn & would say "People have to live in the now"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

The irony of Ray d'Arcy saying Enda Kenny should have "gone off and done some research" in regards to the indo interview. Lol. At least my morning started off with a laugh anyways. Thanks Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i'm sure he doesn't mean it but the high horsery levels are strong in ray darcy!

Man: The oncologist said his cancer was a direct result of smoking.
    Ray: a direct result of smoking......(pause....makes noise with mouth)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

i'm sure he doesn't mean it but the high horsery levels are strong in ray darcy!

Man: The oncologist said his cancer was a direct result of smoking.
    Ray: a direct result of smoking......(pause....makes noise with mouth)

Not since 2004 when Cian O Connor attended the Olympics has an Irishman been on a horse nearly as high as Rays , since then Ray has remained unchallenged in all things high horsery !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Maybe Enda Kenny got in because everyone voted thinking Ray would leave the country.
    Ah well, no doubt Rays dad will be on with his pancakes tomorrow . Must text in now and ask 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Had to turn it off this morning when yer one who won Eurosong the other night came on, no doubt expecting to receive much fanfare, praise and many congratulations - only to be cut down and left in ribbons by Ray with nothing but criticism of both the song and the staging of it (and now he is apparently going to go home, go in his mixer deck and make the song much much better)

It says it all when switching over to Tubridy seems appealing and is something I'll probably do for a bit.

We need ray...i saw the Paddy power ad featuring oscar pistorious, and to my shame, i simply turned the page without reacting at all....It was only when ray told me this morning that i should have been outraged that felt like a bad bad man.

We need ray...i saw the Paddy power ad featuring oscar pistorious, and to my shame, i simply turned the page without reacting at all....It was only when ray told me this morning that i should have been outraged that felt like a bad bad man.

I agree with ray this time, Paddy Power shouldn't be allowed do that it is a disgrace.

I agree with ray this time, Paddy Power shouldn't be allowed do that it is a disgrace.
    did you hear him discuss it?

did you hear him discuss it?

Yes why?i agree with his view on it.

Yes why?i agree with his view on it.
    i personally felt it was too obvious, and he sounded like an idiot explaining to us that we should be offended.

i personally felt it was too obvious, and he sounded like an idiot explaining to us that we should be offended.

No i didn't get that. But maybe that comes with your total dislike for the guy perhaps?lol

No i didn't get that. But maybe that comes with your total dislike for the guy perhaps?lol
    No i don't hate the chap at all, just annoyed me today

he wants to be my mother and i don;t want him to be my mother.

• Advertisement

No i don't hate the chap at all, just annoyed me today

he wants to be my mother and i don;t want him to be my mother.

Did your mother breastfeed you? Because Ray will

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement