Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Did your mother breastfeed you? Because Ray will
    ha ha!!
    or as read would say....
    Ray: did your mother breast feed you?
    Me: no
    Ray: tsk (shakes head)...(rolls eyes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Had to turn it off this morning when yer one who won Eurosong the other night came on, no doubt expecting to receive much fanfare, praise and many congratulations - only to be cut down and left in ribbons by Ray with nothing but criticism of both the song and the staging of it (and now he is apparently going to go home, go in his mixer deck and make the song much much better)

It says it all when switching over to Tubridy seems appealing and is something I'll probably do for a bit.

Didn't hear the interview, but he's not wrong. It's an awful song & I'm sure Dustin could have mixed it better, nevermind Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

So I was listening to my ipod and Radar Love (TUNE!!!!) comes on and I realise that not only is it about a lad driving in a car listening to the radio but Radar Love also contains the same number of syllables as Ray Darcy. You might see where I'm going with this and groan with your head in your hands and it might have been done before but I'm not aware of it and I had far too much time on my hands (I reeeeeeeeeally need to get out more).

First off, it was way harder than it sounded (for me anyway)
    Secondly this is just a laugh, and I wasn't trying to have a serious go at Ray
    Thirdly feel free to make suggestions for improvement or even have a go using another song (although I think you all could find better things to do and I wouldn't blame you one bit)

So here goes:

to the tune of Radar Love

I've been drivin' since nine, my lurry's shifting gears

There's a voice in my head, that drives my tears

It's Deirdre callin', She’s thanking her kin
    And it's half past ten, and I'm texting in

When I am lonely and the traffic gets too much

I turn the dial, balling eyes a guarantee

Don't need RTE at all

We've got a thing that's called Ray Darcy

He’s got a tongue in my ear, Ray Darcy

Ray wants to play some old forgotten song
    He hits play, the CD’s wrong

Mairead and Will are rolling their eyes

Now they’re tasting home made apple pies

When I get fed up, and I'm sure I've had enough

Ray reads the papers, our woes he’ll oversee

Don't need Pat Kenny at all

He organises Shave or Dye, Ray Darcy

It’s that time, I love Agony Aunt

Gotta keep cool, or I’ll have a rant

Bitch is cheating, what to do

The consensus is in, ‘bitch, **** you’

Well Ray, it’s time for fix it Friday

How many bicycles in Bombey,

He gets the next DJ’s name wrong

Maybe they don’t even get along

When I tune in, and my emotions get the best

I blame my ma, she didn’t breast feed me,

We don't need RTE

We've got a tear in our eye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

FunLover18 wrote: »
    So I was listening to my ipod and Radar Love (TUNE!!!!) comes on and I realise that not only is it about a lad driving in a car listening to the radio but Radar Love also contains the same number of syllables as Ray Darcy. You might see where I'm going with this and groan with your head in your hands and it might have been done before but I'm not aware of it and I had far too much time on my hands (I reeeeeeeeeally need to get out more).

First off, it was way harder than it sounded (for me anyway)
    Secondly this is just a laugh, and I wasn't trying to have a serious go at Ray
    Thirdly feel free to make suggestions for improvement or even have a go using another song (although I think you all could find better things to do and I wouldn't blame you one bit)

So here goes:

to the tune of Radar Love

I've been drivin' since nine, my lurry's shifting gears

There's a voice in my head, that drives my tears

It's Deirdre callin', She’s thanking her kin
    And it's half past ten, and I'm texting in

When I am lonely and the traffic gets too much

I turn the dial, balling eyes a guarantee

Don't need RTE at all

He’s got a tongue in my ear, Ray Darcy

Ray wants to play some old forgotten song
    He hits play, the CD’s wrong

Mairead and Will are rolling their eyes

Now they’re tasting home made apple pies

When I get fed up, and I'm sure I've had enough

Ray reads the papers, our woes he’ll oversee

Don't need Pat Kenny at all

He organises Shave or Dye, Ray Darcy

It’s that time, I love Agony Aunt

Gotta keep cool, or I’ll have a rant

Bitch is cheating, what to do

The consensus is in, ‘bitch, **** you’

Well Ray, it’s time for fix it Friday

How many bicycles in Bombey,

He gets the next DJ’s name wrong

Maybe they don’t even get along

When I tune in, and my emotions get the best

I blame my ma, she didn’t breast feed me,

We don't need RTE

We've got a tear in our eye

i get it:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

A large chunk of the show so far today is Jenny Kelly giving out about Anne Hathaway and how she finds her very annoying. Apparently Anne's voice and the way it seems like she is auditioning for a panto when she speaks annoys Jenny.

Oh the irony.

• Advertisement

BPKS wrote: »
    A large chunk of the show so far today is Jenny Kelly giving out about Anne Hathaway and how she finds her very annoying. Apparently Anne's voice and the way it seems like she is auditioning for a panto when she speaks annoys Jenny.

Oh the irony.

I like Anne Hathaway but her collar bone freaks the hell out of me

Anne-Hathaway-Les-Miserables-Trailer-anne-hathaway-30853993-911-1222.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Why does he bother bringing in this girl to act as an agony aunt? He never listens to her and as always he's just concentrating on himself and his chance to talk, and can the man not bring a bottle of water with him to work, the constant lip smacking and making that intake of breath noise as if he burned his hand or something is very annoying!!

And the problems!!!! Jesus Christ the problems.. what sort of person is sitting at home thinking jaysus I'd love to do the wife's sister I must ask Ray D ' arcy what to do about that ! Or lying in bed looking at your boyfriends beard and thinking I may ask Ray what to do about this!

Then the answer is "this has Nothing to do with the beard " it's clearly all about the beard woman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Talking about Micheal LaVelle being let go from Corrie to get treatment for drug addiction Darcy comes out with this gem:

"he really has been through a lot lately, some would say he brought it on himself though"

Yes sure LaVelle really did bring those false allegations of pedophilia that followed him around for three years on himself!

Jesus the mind really boggles

interviewing your man from The Stag who is giving a detailed synopsis and Ray interrupt "I'll just take over there and do it quickly because I have other things I want to talk about" Ray's synopsis isn't much quicker (2 'ehs' at least) and then his first 2 questions

'The Wicklow mountains look lovely in the film, don't they?'

'And you had to jump into that river. That must have been cold'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Anyone hear Ray earlier talking about pancakes and how he might make some more later because he had put his "Daddy mixture" in the fridge (ughhhhhhhh)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Did he just say, that he did not think one million euro would change your life? did I hear correctly?

Also, guess the tune that is in my head FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Did he just say, that he did not think one million euro would change your life? did I hear correctly?

He said some people don't consider a million a life changing sum but he would.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I also could have sworn that 1984 was mentioned for the U2 song.

I might be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

eisenberg1 wrote: »

It would change my life. Two grand is all I need is to get out of Ireland!

The U2 comp was a joke. Terrible radio. How long did it go on for? Will was trying to wrap it up and Ray just ignored him...

Also, what was the name of the banjo song he played at around ten to eleven, that was savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

gazzer wrote: »
    Anyone hear Ray earlier talking about pancakes and how he might make some more later because he had put his "Daddy mixture" in the fridge (ughhhhhhhh)

I hope he is not going to ask the chef's to taste that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Chef's/restaurateurs on the Ray Darcy show? There's a first (for today).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

He said some people don't consider a million a life changing sum but he would.

yeah i remember him doing a thing once on "how much would you have to win for it to change your life"

i think they discovered that if you won 1 million and you bought an average-large house in dublin that cost around half a million, by the time you do it up, maybe get a new car that you would be back to work within ten years (i may be out on those facts but it was something like that)

i think the figure they settled on for a changed life without the need to work ran into a few million.

lambayire wrote: »
    I also could have sworn that 1984 was mentioned for the U2 song.

I might be wrong though.

yeah i heard that too which is why i text in songs from 1984!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

hoodwinked wrote: »
    yeah i heard that too which is why i text in songs from 1984!! :eek:

Yep, Will definitely mentioned 1984. All my guesses were from then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Chefs should have turned the tables on Ray and asked him which buttons did what!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

I only heard the first of the 'guess the song' segment, what happened when they came back after playing a song?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Does anyone else remember Ray talking about Moone boy before the start of the new season saying how he didn't find it funny and he was underwhelmed by it? But I heard him today talking to a man who'd played a small part in the show telling him how great it was and if other people didn't get the humour well, F.them!! Obviously the show has received great praise in it's new season and become more popular so Ray has had to change his opinion to the popular choice as usual, he's a total joke and this sh1t with his father's pancakes every year!! How has he got the huge listenership? Seriously how is he managing it?

Does anyone else remember Ray talking about Moone boy before the start of the new season saying how he didn't find it funny and he was underwhelmed by it? But I heard him today talking to a man who'd played a small part in the show telling him how great it was and if other people didn't get the humour well, F.them!! Obviously the show has received great praise in it's new season and become more popular so Ray has had to change his opinion to the popular choice as usual, he's a total joke and this sh1t with his father's pancakes every year!! How has he got the huge listenership? Seriously how is he managing it?

No ... I've only ever heard talk about it with people involved in which cases he's always been quite flattering. You get that all the time though, Jonathan Ross was terrible for it. He'd praise the movie to his guest on the chat show and then on his film review show he'd slam it. It's annoying and disgustingly hypocritical but it's difficult to get around. Kermode does it very well, he never slams guests but he won't do feint praise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

hoodwinked wrote: »
    yeah i remember him doing a thing once on "how much would you have to win for it to change your life"

i think they discovered that if you won 1 million and you bought an average-large house in dublin that cost around half a million, by the time you do it up, maybe get a new car that you would be back to work within ten years (i may be out on those facts but it was something like that)

i think the figure they settled on for a changed life without the need to work ran into a few million.

Pshaw, that's if you have a lack of imagination and do something boring like buying a house with it. I'd buy a wee beach hut in the Bahamas and do it up myself and grow fat on coconuts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Hes playing cilla black today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Darcy's the biggest wet fish out there! Probably the last person in the world I'd like to go for a pint with. Unless it was a pint of piss to pour over his head

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Look how smug he is.

RayDarcyDepression.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

I remember that. Also everyday misery cancer talk the man is obsessed by it. Fitness and how we should be doing this and that. Today fizzy drinks. He's a moralising asshole. I could change station but I enjoy getting wound up by the sanctimonious tool. Here comes the cringey blind date ****e.this guy from his email sounds like a wet fish. Loves everything no opinion on anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Do people just listen so they can rip him to shreds?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

sebcity wrote: »
    Do people just listen so they can rip him to shreds?!

Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement