Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Heckler wrote: »
    I remember that. Also everyday misery cancer talk the man is obsessed by it. Fitness and how we should be doing this and that. Today fizzy drinks. He's a moralising asshole. I could change station but I enjoy getting wound up by the sanctimonious tool. Here comes the cringey blind date ****e.this guy from his email sounds like a wet fish. Loves everything no opinion on anything.

Thank God someone remembered I thought I was starting to lose it!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

What do people think of Will & Mairead?
    I find 'Cupid Kelly' awful. Her insistence on putting on a thick working class Dublin accent when describing something annoys me. She grew up in Foxrock having a stable of horses. Says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

• Registered Users Posts: 21,017 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What do people think of Will & Mairead?
    I find 'Cupid Kelly' awful. Her insistence on putting on a thick working class Dublin accent when describing something annoys me. She grew up in Foxrock having a stable of horses. Says it all.
    Is she not from finglas?

sorry wrong kelly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is she not from finglas?

Mairead's from Finglas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭mountain

Thank God someone remembered I thought I was starting to lose it!

Ah now,
    You see if you did some running every day like i do, get some more vitamins into ya, and have an egg on your dinner, then you wouldnt be loosing it at all,
    sure look, I'll ring me da, his mind is perfect and ask him what his secret is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

my lovely Pony .... :eek:

scarla for yea Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

"My lovely pony." Pure awkward!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Trebor Gluck

tomglsn wrote: »

What's that about?

lucylu wrote: »
    my lovely Pony .... :eek:

scarla for yea Ray
    tomglsn wrote: »
    What's that about?

I think I can guess knowing that he had Graham Linehan. Didn't hear it myself, was it as awkward as it sounds?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

One thing I noticed was he will often have a dig at Liveline but his show is very similar.

My lovely pony... What a egit.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

That incident overshadowed the rest of the interview, which was fairly bad. Started off with the Linehan/Lenihan thing, then (without realising the irony) he called Arthur a pedant

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Look how smug he is.

RayDarcyDepression.jpg

He looks like a vertriliquists dummy in that picture.

http://www.todayfm.com/player/podcasts/The_Ray_DArcy_Show/Ray_D39Arcy_Show/12185/2/My_Lovely_Pony

I saw them promote it on the auld facebook so I gave it a listen. When Graham was saying he rang into the wrong show and was wandering why Tubs had such crap questions, I had to laugh.

"It's a good time for Irish comedy .. eh, uh, I .. The Walshes is on this Tuesday, and uh, eh, uh, Chris O'Dowd is doing well ..."

Overall wasn't as bad as I was expecting though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The ironic thing about the Walshes show is that it features an embarrassing Dad, which is essentially what Ray has turned into, with all the crew laughing at him when he invariably gets something wrong or asks a stupid question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Trebor Gluck

He is a very short man you know. I saw him on the Luas once and he was no more than 5 foot 5 inches

Ray thinking he's great craic with Cupid and Mariead promoting some marathon. I say he literally drags Cupid out of the bed to go jogging.

Ray -- *sigh* "Ok Jenny it's Saturday and it's getting late. It's nearly 6am. Get your trainers on and we'll go for a 20k jog and we'll tell our listeners on Monday morning about it. There was research done saying that if you run 100k a week you'll live for 2 years longer"

BiHTAICIUAAbWkS.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

He spent 10 minutes the other morning waxing lyrical about how bad sugar is for you in a horrifically condescending manner

I say he also misses this..

geri-maye2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

geri-maye2.jpg

hmm, he was only on about it being handy going out with a woman whose name is similar to your ex's. Did cupid ever say, what name did you moan Raymond? Oooooo Geri!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Devil08 wrote: »
    Darcy's the biggest wet fish out there! Probably the last person in the world I'd like to go for a pint with. Unless it was a pint of piss to pour over his head

Actually laughed out loud at the mental image of this :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

geri-maye2.jpg
    I know it’s off topic, but I hate comments like this. It’s like when someone splits from an attractive partner, people say ‘why is he dumping her, she’s gorgeous’ as if that’s the only important thing in the relationship. Never mind that she could have been a total b*tch, he must miss his old girlfriend from 10 years ago because she is more attractive than his wife. Whatever your opinion on Ray and Jenny, they seem very compatible and I always think there is a good vibe from them when it’s just the two of them on air on a Friday.

Ah would you ever relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Sorry Mrs. Darcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

So Mary phoned in to see how to get a clove unstuck from her throat?!! Rearrange the words Mary. LIFE. GET. A.

Also if people are emailing in their fix it Friday questions, then they obviously have access to the internet so why not just google it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Turn the radio on

Does he still do fix it Friday or did he finally realise that everyone has google now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NotVeryHappy

Considering what happened at her hen party I'm sure he doesn't regret the break up

Considering what happened at her hen party I'm sure he doesn't regret the break up

1. What happened?

2. Who was she engaged to?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

Tell us more please.im intrigued!!

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    1. What happened?

2. Who was she engaged to?

Raymond and Geri got engaged. I haven't heard what happened at the hen party. Maybe someone can fill us in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement