Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NotVeryHappy

Sorry, yes, Ray and Geri.

I don't want to say as I know the mods here will delete it and probably ban me, but it's pretty well known if you're in the industry. Google is your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

I don't want to say as I know the mods here will delete it and probably ban me, but it's pretty well known if you're in the industry. Google is your friend

I did try Google and nothing came up.

Come on, you can't imply something but not tell us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Can you give us a clue?

Or maybe give us some words that might make google happy?

I have found out what happened on Geri Maye's hen night that made Raymond walk out on her.

Basically Geri decided to take 2 sugars in her cup of tea after Ray warning her not to take any more lethal sugar. She also didn't go for a 10k jog in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Said it before and I'll say it again. The man can't win. He's either a stuffy old git who thinks he's a political journalist and has forgotten his light entertainment roots and/or he has stupid fluffy segments like guess what I'm thinking of, Fix-it-Friday and the woman with the clove in her throat.

Which is it??

Done with this thread now, massive LOL at the constant, everyday whingers on here who have the neck to tell people like Mary to get a life. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Said it before and I'll say it again. The man can't win. He's either a stuffy old git who thinks he's a political journalist and has forgotten his light entertainment roots and/or he has stupid fluffy segments like guess what I'm thinking of, Fix-it-Friday and the woman with the clove in her throat.

Which is it??

Done with this thread now, massive LOL at the constant, everyday whingers on here who have the neck to tell people like Mary to get a life. :rolleyes:

all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Which is it??

Excuse me i don't whinge on here everyday... Just every other day.
    get your facts straight

Which is it??

Relax will you Jenny. Go back to setting up random people on dates & hitting those pavements jogging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

I have found out what happened on Geri Maye's hen night that made Raymond walk out on her.

Basically Geri decided to take 2 sugars in her cup of tea after Ray warning her not to take any more lethal sugar. She also didn't go for a 10k jog in the morning.

Now I'm not sure what to think...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I heard it was 3 ...

Didn't she also use her own mam's pancake recipe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I heard it was 3 ...

Definite deal breaker there :)

I heard it was 3 ...

She also didn't think the sun shined out of every rugby players arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

pookiesboo wrote: »
    So Mary phoned in to see how to get a clove unstuck from her throat?!! Rearrange the words Mary. LIFE. GET. A.

Also if people are emailing in their fix it Friday questions, then they obviously have access to the internet so why not just google it

Mary infuriated me and I didn't even hear her. She was told to go to A&E by her doc so instead she rings a radio show! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

In fairness too Ray it's that kind of light hearted radio that made me like him first day! Not setting up dates or talking constantly about depression, cancer obsoletity drug addiction etc(not saying these aren't big issues but he just seems too rely a lot more on them now then say a few years ago) He fained enthusiasm brilliantly and then after the suggestion finally worked Mary couldn't have sounded less interested! "It's gone" I belive was the exact reply!

ivytwine wrote: »
    Mary infuriated me and I didn't even hear her. She was told to go to A&E by her doc so instead she rings a radio show! :confused:

Ah yeh, but like, effort ...

What's she supposed to do with the kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Not to belittle the topic or anything like that, but would one week without cancer on the show be too much.!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,017 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Poor jenny getting lectured on the skills of Rugby all weekend

Not to belittle the topic or anything like that, but would one week without cancer on the show be too much.!

She's very good and actually quite interesting to listen to, but I agree with you, that they're overdoing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I just heard him ( I did hear the start, so I don't know in what context this was) refer to someone as "The type whose shoite does not stink"...............real class. He was speaking to the MD of a UK Scent company, I wonder what went thru his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I agree, just stick to babies, there's not enough of babies....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Where's Nathan the sports guy going? Only cot the end of the link

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where's Nathan the sports guy going? Only cot the end of the link

Must be Newstalk, they were joking about him only being downstairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Id be in tears in the kitchen if they did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Poor jenny getting lectured on the skills of Rugby all weekend

heard him at the start. youd think himself and amy hubberman were great mates the way he was going on about her and the daughter at the match

neris wrote: »
    heard him at the start. youd think himself and amy hubberman were great mates the way he was going on about her and the daughter at the match

I genuinely can't remember but where did Ray stand when Amy was being criticised for bring a newly born to the match? It's the kind of thing he'd have a view on I can't remember which side of the fence he fell on

I personally thought the criticism was ridiculous

I genuinely can't remember but where did Ray stand when Amy was being criticised for bring a newly born to the match? It's the kind of thing he'd have a view on I can't remember which side of the fence he fell on

I personally thought the criticism was ridiculous

Ray thinks the sun shines out of Drico and Amy's arse so I doubt he had an issue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Ray thinks the sun shines out of Drico and Amy's arse so I doubt he had an issue with it.

In fairness, he wouldn't be the only one who thinks that.
    You'd be hard pushed anyone who would really dislike Brian and Amy.;)

We are a nation of begrudgers. I can begrudge them nothing.

lambayire wrote: »
    In fairness, he wouldn't be the only one who thinks that.
    You'd be hard pushed anyone who would really dislike Brian and Amy.;)

We are a nation of begrudgers. I can begrudge them nothing.

You're not trying hard enough :D

They are legends though, although it makes me sad that no other player has or will ever get a send off like it. I hope to be proved wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

They are legends though, although it makes me sad that no other player has or will ever get a send off like it. I hope to be proved wrong though
    Paul O'Connell will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Paul O'Connell will.

If he chooses to do so.

It wouldn't surprise me if he were to just retire at the end of whatever season and not have all the fuss.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement