Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

On a serious note, does anyone think he is being made to do **** like that photo, or does he really think its a good idea? between that and his "Guess what's in my head" slot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

I wonder if Raymond D'Arcy, Cupid Kelly, Mairead or Will Hanifin know about this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I wonder if Raymond D'Arcy, Cupid Kelly, Mairead or Will Hanifin know about this thread.

Of course they do. But they don't seem to be taking our constructive criticism seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    On a serious note, does anyone think he is being made to do **** like that photo, or does he really think its a good idea? between that and his "Guess what's in my head" slot!!

I reckon they all have a bit of input,im guessing that the"what's in my head" sh1te is all rays fault.

mr bungle. wrote: »
    I reckon they all have a bit of input,im guessing that the"what's in my head" sh1te is all rays fault.

Sure all three were ganging up on him today and giving out to him. But despite them saying "we're never doing that again" it'll be back tomo.

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Sure all three were ganging up on him today and giving out to him. But despite them saying "we're never doing that again" it'll be back tomo.

Yeah,had to laugh at Will,he was cracking up after ten minutes of no one guessing the vegetable,i wonder what will be in rays head tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Yeah,had to laugh at Will,he was cracking up after ten minutes of no one guessing the vegetable,i wonder what will be in rays head tomorrow!

Same as usual...................sweet FA.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,017 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

what was in his head today? i gave up after tomato

what was in his head today? i gave up after tomato

Rasberry. I want to know where he shops that they're the first fruit he sees.

Ali and Derbhal were great craic on the Denny quiz.

Ray "Which has a bigger population; Galway or Waterford"
    Dearbhal "eh, Waterford"
    Ray "It's not, it's Galway"
    Dearbhal "Sh*t"

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2546975/One-twin-gave-sugar-gave-fat-Their-experiment-change-YOUR-life.html

I wonder is dr ray aware of this experiment done by twin brothers for the BBC Horizon programme

In a nutshell, while they both lost weight to varying degrees the one who went zero carbs became borderline diabetic while the other on a high sugar diet had raised but not concerning blood sugar levels. The thinking being that severely cutting down sugar caused the pancreas to slow insulin production and so when any form of carb was being consumed the body couldn't deal with it properly

To echo what has been said before maybe ray should rethink his campaign solely against sugar and start one for a more balanced overall diet, everything in moderation and all that good stuff.

As my moniker would suggest I am someone who has always struggled with my weight and am working hard to put things right before its too late and the last thing I need in my life is the gospel according to ray every fecking morning

• Advertisement

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2546975/One-twin-gave-sugar-gave-fat-Their-experiment-change-YOUR-life.html

I wonder is dr ray aware of this experiment done by twin brothers for the BBC Horizon programme

In a nutshell, while they both lost weight to varying degrees the one who went zero carbs became borderline diabetic while the other on a high sugar diet had raised but not concerning blood sugar levels. The thinking being that cutting down sugar severely caused the pancreas to slow insulin production and so when any form of carb was being consumed the body couldn't deal with it properly

To echo what has been said before maybe ray should rethink his campaign solely against sugar and start one for a more balanced overall diet, everything in moderation and all that good stuff.

As my moniker would suggest I am someone who has always struggles with my weight and am working hard to put things right before its too late and the last thing I need in my life is the gospel according to ray every fecking morning

You should email that in, see if you get a response

FunLover18 wrote: »
    You should email that in, see if you get a response

I'm not crying mick, the offaly trucker so it's doubtful it be even be read :)

I'm not crying mick, the offaly trucker so it's doubtful it be even be read :)

Just say you're one of the listeners who emigrated and you're back because you heard about the fall in ratings and felt bad

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

In a nutshell, while they both lost weight to varying degrees the one who went zero carbs became borderline diabetic while the other on a high sugar diet had raised but not concerning blood sugar levels. The thinking being that cutting down sugar severely caused the pancreas to slow insulin production and so when any form of carb was being consumed the body couldn't deal with it properly

As my moniker would suggest I am someone who has always struggles with my weight and am working hard to put things right before its too late and the last thing I need in my life is the gospel according to ray every fecking morning

I watched that documentary. Really interesting stuff, not preachy, just the facts. I thought the bit about cheesecake and donuts was extremely interesting.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I watched that documentary. Really interesting stuff, not preachy, just the facts. I thought the bit about cheesecake and donuts was extremely interesting.

It was taking the realistic approach that you would never just eat a big spoon of sugar or lump of butter on its own. but mix the two together in 1:1 ratio (if I remember rightly) and you have a tasty buttercream...nomnomnom :)

And good ol' Kim Jong Ray doesn't get this. It's his halfbaked ideas being right and all the qualified researchers need not apply....unless of course, they agree with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

The problem is that he is making sugar his number one enemy but I think an awful lot of the time he's confusing correlation with causation.

Obese people are probably more likely to consume fizzy drinks but the cause of their obesity is not the fizzy drink, it's their eating habits and the fact that they consume more than the burn off.

You'd swear sugar was worse than crack the way he was talking.

I take sugar in my tea and I'm only wee! The way he was going on made me want to grab a 2l of Coke and down the lot. Does he not realise pontificating like that puts people off?

There was a woman from the SafeFood on Matt Cooper last week, and the reason out of her- she basically said a spoon of sugar in your tea or a bar of chocolate is not going to give you cancer.

She said to avoid ready meals and fizzy drinks (which we've all known for years) but even once in a blue moon that was grand.

The contrast between her attitude and Ray's was amazing- and she was a dietician!

I wonder what Dr Raymond D'Arcy will mention today?

Sugar, jogging, Brian O'Driscoll, Amy Huberman, rugby, Tom, Kate are all certs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

the media fawning over amy huberman and bod especially is getting beyond the ridiculous at this stage. the guys a great rugby player but hes retiring, not dead. Its getting just as bad as the uk gutter press and their stalking of the beckhams

The dangers of smoking perhaps,he hasn't told us how bad it is for nearly a week now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The dangers of smoking perhaps,he hasn't told us how bad it is for nearly a week now!

He tends not too mention it when Jenny's in studio as she admitted before she has smoked in the past

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    the media fawning over amy huberman and bod especially is getting beyond the ridiculous at this stage. the guys a great rugby player but hes retiring, not dead. Its getting just as bad as the uk gutter press and their stalking of the beckhams

It's Ray's pompous attitude with the likes of rugby which annoys me. He has this "Aren't all rugby players great craic" attitude. They can do no wrong in his eyes. He interviewed Kevin Doyle the Irish soccer player in Wexford last year. Ray persisted in asking him about his contract and transfer situation which was obviously a private matter. Ray then went on for weeks afterwards telling everyone how he was a bad interviewee "Aren't all soccer players the same"

Same with Mairead. For a girl a grew up in Finglas i doubt she knew what a rugby ball looked like up until a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Same with Mairead. For a girl a grew up in Finglas i doubt she knew what a rugby ball looked like up until a few years ago.

Totally agree with that one. I've been going to see them since the year dot, and went to see us getting hockeyed year in year out, and now have problems getting tickets to home matches, and the bandwagon jumping drives me scatty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Totally agree with that one. I've been going to see them since the year dot, and went to see us getting hockeyed year in year out, and now have problems getting tickets to home matches, and the bandwagon jumping drives me scatty!

So she couldn't have been a long time supporter because she's from Finglas? And if she has been supporting them for only the last 10-15 years, what's the problem?

Not directed at you but I find the cribbing on both sides of the fence in relation to the growing popularity of rugby kind of mystifying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Tbf, the guy on now saying his missus was 'devo' not to meet Drico sounds like an utter cúnt…

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

So she couldn't have been a long time supporter because she's from Finglas? And if she has been supporting them for only the last 10-15 years, what's the problem?

Not directed at you but I find the cribbing on both sides of the fence in relation to the growing popularity of rugby kind of mystifying.

It's the same with music. People complain when a band they love don't get the credit they deserve, then when they get popular they're accused of selling out.

With sport it's the same, the popularly should be seen as a good thing as it ensures the future of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I love the growing popularity of Rugby, what drives me crazy is people only jumping on board for the internationals and leaving the true fans out of the picture for tickets n stuff, and she's one of them. I'm an Ireland and then a Leinster fan. Always have been, and been to matches that were less than half full, singing The Fields of Atenry to make up the numbers, and even local matches here in the Netherlands I go to, just to support the local rubbish team, and people like Mairead don't do ground roots, and that's part of the my issue (if that makes sense)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

That was lovely of Brian O'Driscoll to ring in like that.

Though I think Ray will need to change his pants after talking to him!

Frog Song wrote: »
    That was lovely of Brian O'Driscoll to ring in like that.

Though I think Ray will need to change his pants after talking to him!

They might as well rename it the Brian o driscoll show at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Four down, three to go!

• Advertisement

O'Driscoll has a good PR team behind him to be fair.

Mairead Farrell ‏@cocomairead 6m
    Just when we thought we couldn't love @BrianODriscoll anymore than we already do he does that . #raydarcy
    Collapse

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement