Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 refindsearcher

mick_irl wrote: »
    Someone who works at either Today FM or Newstalk, or possibly on both in the not too distant future!

does it matter???

i dont hate d'arcy and jenny or will...i just don't really like mairead purely because I don't...there is no viciousness behind it.....

and i am not jenny kelly refering to myself in the third person...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

doingmybit wrote: »
    Well, fair point about the headphones, but do you think typing on a computer answering posts like this is fair to the employer, or is it out of sight is out of mind, if they don't seem me typing ah well it's ok, but i can't wear headphones, no wonder we are in the mess we are in with this attitude going on.
    Multi-tasking usually involves doing work that you are paid for, not typing on the computer answering posts, and as you said, in these hard times you should be doing work only duties.

Leaving your work, well i am always under the belief that if you are unhappy at work, leave it, it will benefit both you and your employer, you are happy in the long run and the employer will then get someone who is happier and more productive. And, i can get this point across with out using foul posting words, try it.

The evolutionary chain, well if you think this is a good use of our genetic trait, you might still think that the dinosaur is chasing you.:eek:
    Good bye now, i have to go to work and keep the likes of you happy:D

Ha ha, one of the funniest posts I've read in months, reminds me of a cantankerous old bat of an English teacher I had in school. Tears streaming down my face as I read it:pac:
    Multi-tasking usually involves doing work that you are paid for, not typing on the computer answering posts

Posted during office hours, tut tut:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Well, fair point about the headphones, but do you think typing on a computer answering posts like this is fair to the employer, or is it out of sight is out of mind, if they don't seem me typing ah well it's ok, but i can't wear headphones, no wonder we are in the mess we are in with this attitude going on.
    Multi-tasking usually involves doing work that you are paid for, not typing on the computer answering posts, and as you said, in these hard times you should be doing work only duties.

Leaving your work, well i am always under the belief that if you are unhappy at work, leave it, it will benefit both you and your employer, you are happy in the long run and the employer will then get someone who is happier and more productive. And, i can get this point across with out using foul posting words, try it.

The evolutionary chain, well if you think this is a good use of our genetic trait, you might still think that the dinosaur is chasing you.:eek:
    Good bye now, i have to go to work and keep the likes of you happy:D

Stop trolling doingmybit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

I love Ray. His show is class, funny and varied...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mcscrub

Ray wrecks my head a bit. The whole butter wouldn't melt in his mouth thing really bugs me. Also, I feel he's like the Daniel O' Donnell of the radio world.

Buuuut, and this is a big buuuuuuuuttt. Credit is due to him. He is really good at his job. His ratings are always phenomenal. Also, he's proabably the best thing on the air at his timeslot.

Jenny, Mairead and Will are quiet good aswell, although I don't think it's wise leaving Will in charge when Ray is absent. No offence to Will, but he's a much better left hand man.

I'm kind of borderline on the Ray D'arcy show. I don't know if I love it or hate it!!! Damn it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

mcscrub wrote: »
    Ray wrecks my head a bit. The whole butter wouldn't melt in his mouth thing really bugs me. Also, I feel he's like the Daniel O' Donnell of the radio world.

Buuuut, and this is a big buuuuuuuuttt. Credit is due to him. He is really good at his job. His ratings are always phenomenal. Also, he's proabably the best thing on the air at his timeslot.

Jenny, Mairead and Will are quiet good aswell, although I don't think it's wise leaving Will in charge when Ray is absent. No offence to Will, but he's a much better left hand man.

I'm kind of borderline on the Ray D'arcy show. I don't know if I love it or hate it!!! Damn it.
    Freudian slip? Good when quiet would be my opinion.

Fair point Ron!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

swingking wrote: »
    Stop trolling doingmybit
    ah, no need for that, he's just doinghisbit...

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭doingmybit

Stop trolling doingmybit

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community.

Ditto:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Stop trolling doingmybit

Report a post if you think someone is trolling, please.

I've been in the position before where I've had to listen to terrible radio all day in an office because it's what the majority wanted. It's not something worth leaving your job over, but it is something worth venting about in here.

So can we get things back on topic please.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Zulu wrote: »
    Well it's a crap thought. Go back and have another think about it.

With thoughts like that you should really keep them to yourself.

Quoted for hilarity.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Declan30

People why do you keep on listening to Ray and co.Is it just u will have something to complain about.
    Come on folks change the Radio Dial.
    Im sure Gerry would love to have u back:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭doingmybit

Report a post if you think someone is trolling, please.

I've been in the position before where I've had to listen to terrible radio all day in an office because it's what the majority wanted. It's not something worth leaving your job over, but it is something worth venting about in here.

So can we get things back on topic please.

Thanks.

In law, defamation (also called calumny, libel, slander, and vilification) is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a negative image. Slander refers to a malicious, false, and defamatory spoken statement or report, while libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words or images. Most jurisdictions allow legal actions, civil and/or criminal, to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism. Related to defamation is public disclosure of private facts which arises where one person reveals information which is not of public concern, and the release of which would offend a reasonable person:cool:

Is that venting??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Dictionary wrote:
    v. vent·ed, vent·ing, vents

v. tr.

1. To express (one's thoughts or feelings, for example), especially forcefully.
    2. To release or discharge (steam, for example) through an opening.
    3. To provide with a vent.

v. intr.

1. To vent one's feelings or opinions.
    2. To be released or discharged through an opening.
    3. To rise to the surface of water to breathe. Used of a marine mammal.
    Well, according to the Dictionary it is. :rolleyes:

In law, defamation (also called calumny, libel, slander, and vilification) is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a negative image. Slander refers to a malicious, false, and defamatory spoken statement or report, while libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words or images. Most jurisdictions allow legal actions, civil and/or criminal, to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism. Related to defamation is public disclosure of private facts which arises where one person reveals information which is not of public concern, and the release of which would offend a reasonable person:cool:

Is that venting??
    People are more than entitled to say they don't like something. If you've come across any posts that you feel my contain defamation then please report them and we'll look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Is that venting??

Wiki much?:rolleyes:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation

What has defamation got to do with anything?

Back on topic please people...

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Here what the **** it Ray doing constantly playing the same songs day in day out, I've no choice in what I listen to as I'm in work but FFS change it up a little bit- that ****e Damo Dempsey song without fail gets played every day, he's such a ****e presenter now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

But the texts have moved beyond parody. Did you hear the guy who texted in something like, 'Hi Ray, did you see Love Actually last night? It had loads of stars. It must have cost a fortune to make.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

You should live in Donegal, here we have a show on the local station called Highland Radio and you would swear people just lived their lives to complain, they are always moaning on about something or other on the Shaun Doherty show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Much like the Joe Duffy show so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

lovinit wrote: »
    You should live in Donegal, here we have a show on the local station called Highland Radio and you would swear people just lived their lives to complain, they are always moaning on about something or other on the Shaun Doherty show

Every regional/local radio has something similar...it gives a forum to people in the locale to air their grievances and such, much like these messageboards do...you may not like what some people have to complain about but you have to admit that it's a valuable resource and can increase public awareness of local issues.
    Some of the whinging on TRDS can rival the regional stuff I've heard and indeed Duffy's offering...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

But the texts have moved beyond parody. Did you hear the guy who texted in something like, 'Hi Ray, did you see Love Actually last night? It had loads of stars. It must have cost a fortune to make.'

The texts made me want to weep. "Oh Ray, i'm i 25 stone builder who eats rocks for lunch but thats such a sad film I had to pull the JCB over I'm in floods of tears even thinking about watching it last night". For the love of christ....

And why do electricians and carpenters feel the need to sign their texts off with so and so "the sparky" or so and so "the chippy" ? They are the only two professions who feel the need to do this. I don't give a fcuk if anonymous damien from tipp is a goddamn carpenter. What the hell is that all about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I suggest you do a Search for all things Foley related on Boards and you'll soon realise why it's best not to talk about him.

where did my post go?

Thanks Bazmo, I'll search that later

The posts in question have been moved to the Feedback forum.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=82

I'll address them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seadog9

He's completely lost it at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Jesus he was extra smary and smug this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,885 ✭✭✭✭Basq

What I really hate about Ray D'Arcy is not D'Arcy or any of the presenters but the texts they read out..

I don't know what selection process they have, but surely that can't be a sample of the best of texts they recieve on a daily basis. A couple of things irk me about the texts..
    • The texts that make a joke / sly comment and end with 'ha ha ha' and Ray reads it. This will happen at least 3 times each day.
    • Inevitably a text from someone complaining and / or looking for sympathy about their life or situation - usually either about money and financial situation or the anniversary of a death of a loved one.
    • Like a poster above said, anyone who sends a text signing off with "<their profession> in <location>" (it's worth noting that location can be a country or town or a mode of transport - i.e both "Mick The Truck Driver in The Big Rig" or "Mick The Truck Driver on the road to Limerick" would be acceptable
    That's all I can think of now.. but texts are truly cringeworthy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement