Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Totally agree with that one. I've been going to see them since the year dot, and went to see us getting hockeyed year in year out, and now have problems getting tickets to home matches, and the bandwagon jumping drives me scatty!

Same with Mairead. For a girl a grew up in Finglas i doubt she knew what a rugby ball looked like up until a few years ago.

Have to disagree with you both there, while I do see the point you are trying to make it's not very fair to say that just because you haven't grown up with a sport that you cant learn to develop an interest in it.

I think it's a positive thing that there is such a growing popularity in rugby and most sports.

Yes there are the fans that go to every game, no matter how big and small, and they should be on a ticket database to ensure tickets first. A few friends are season ticket holders with Munster so they would get tickets for most games and they go to them, whenever and wherever.

I grew up not knowing anything about cricket, but living in the Middle East for years I have now a huge interest in it and have been to a few internationals in Dublin, should I have not been allowed??

We all have the right to learn, develop and follow new hobbies and sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

For years we've listened to ray going on about over taxation and not enough money for different services, now he's singing the praise of banks letting people skate on hundreds of thousands of euro of debt!! Where does the genius think the money is going to come from?

Hope if remembers that next time he's shouting across the table at a politician that there's not enough money for mental health services or tackling obesity, populist moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Rays Three little words, Its my home...and then he starts crying. Wonder if he was bullied at school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

RachaelVO wrote: »
    I love the growing popularity of Rugby, what drives me crazy is people only jumping on board for the internationals and leaving the true fans out of the picture for tickets n stuff, and she's one of them. I'm an Ireland and then a Leinster fan. Always have been, and been to matches that were less than half full, singing The Fields of Atenry to make up the numbers, and even local matches here in the Netherlands I go to, just to support the local rubbish team, and people like Mairead don't do ground roots, and that's part of the my issue (if that makes sense)

They have the same opportunity to get tickets as you. It's it their fault if they get them before you? What do you suggest should be done to accommodate true fans? An application form with photographic evidence and references?

I think clappyhappy has stated best in terms of developing new interests and sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Who was that ray just had on, Angela ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Tbf, the guy on now saying his missus was 'devo' not to meet Drico sounds like an utter cúnt…

Thank god someone else heard the 'Devo' thing. I have never heard an adult say that except mockingly of D4 types.
    I had a strange feeling about that interview, I thought for a second that it was going to turn into a physical realisation of the now famous 'Laminate' list. :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

an international quiz.. Why would go to an ad break and have callers for perth and Japan on the line :confused:?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

lucylu wrote: »
    an international quiz.. Why would go to an ad break and have callers for perth and Japan on the line :confused:?

Well the callers aren't footing the bill for the calls, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

lambayire wrote: »
    Well the callers aren't footing the bill for the calls, that's for sure.

The call dropped for the girl in Japan, wouldn't make better sense to get the quiz over and done with than having them hanging on the line for an ad break.. just thought it was sloppy

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Capone79

The problem is that he is making sugar his number one enemy but I think an awful lot of the time he's confusing correlation with causation.

Obese people are probably more likely to consume fizzy drinks but the cause of their obesity is not the fizzy drink, it's their eating habits and the fact that they consume more than the burn off.

You'd swear sugar was worse than crack the way he was talking.

It is an addiction all the same, and the cause of all sorts of problems like diabetes, insulin resistance and inflammation.It was ok years ago when kids where outside more but nowadays they're stuck on the net,ps4 etc and the sugar is turning to fat.

The amount of sugar in products is a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

the programme on channel 4 food unwrapped is good at showing the crap no just sugar that goes into food and the way foods are produced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I've stopped listening to the first hour of the show (listen to Foley on 98fm) and I have to say it makes the rest of the Darcy show a lot more enjoyable. Darcy tends to do all his pontificating in that first hour

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Really enjoyed the Brian O'Driscoll thing today, couldn't help but smile when yer wan was like "OMG Brian..." :pac:

Also thought the segment on "new Irish" was fantastic, especially Allison Curtis' contributions. I had no idea she wasn't a citizen until this morning. Really good discussion. :)
    Synode wrote: »
    I've stopped listening to the first hour of the show (listen to Foley on 98fm) and I have to say it makes the rest of the Darcy show a lot more enjoyable. Darcy tends to do all his pontificating in that first hour

Agree with this. We generally don't turn the radio on in the office until 9:20 now, just so we can miss the misery-fest that is the morning papers. Without that, everything generally seems a lot more cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the Brian O'Driscoll thing today, couldn't help but smile when yer wan was like "OMG Brian..." :pac:

Also thought the segment on "new Irish" was fantastic, especially Allison Curtis' contributions. I had no idea she wasn't a citizen until this morning. Really good discussion. :)

I only heard the German girl and a bit of Allison. The German's accent was hilarious but she was quite awkward, Ray was struggling to get a decent answer out of her. A case of classic German efficiency, she was answering the questions he asked and that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Agree with this. We generally don't turn the radio on in the office until 9:20 now, just so we can miss the misery-fest that is the morning papers. Without that, everything generally seems a lot more cheerful.

I hate it when people are surprised by famous people. Makes for such cringy awkward tv/radio. After the initial hello theres usually a long awkward silence and then both start talking at once. When it happens on darcys show hes usually laughing away in the background. Toe-curling stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Paul McCloone imitating/pulling the piss out of Darcy tonight made me smile. Going back a few pages here when the discussion was what other presenters thought of Darcy. It's like that old Friends episode where Chandler finds out other people in the office "do him" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

6781 wrote: »
    Paul McCloone imitating/pulling the piss out of Darcy tonight made me smile. Going back a few pages here when the discussion was what other presenters thought of Darcy. It's like that old Friends episode where Chandler finds out other people in the office "do him" :)

What did PML say?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I only heard the German girl and a bit of Allison. The German's accent was hilarious but she was quite awkward, Ray was struggling to get a decent answer out of her. A case of classic German efficiency, she was answering the questions he asked and that was it.

I know her well but I have not listened to it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

FunLover18 wrote: »

My sister knows her husband through work and what they have gone through no one ever should. I thought she was great considering the hardship they have endured. Best wishes to her and her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

My sister knows her husband through work and what they have gone through no one ever should. I thought she was great considering the hardship they have endured. Best wishes to her and her family.

Tbh, the German girl was the only contributor I heard, and I thought she was great too. For once, Ray's obsession with kids led to a genuinely moving and interesting piece of radio.

• Advertisement

so tom slept well last night. We can all relax now knowing that

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

6781 wrote: »

What did "Hi i'm Paul McLoone with Teenage Kicks" say about Dr Raymond D'Arcy?

Oh and great to hear the only man whose child might keep them awake in Ireland had a good nights sleep with Tom sleeping. God bless you Ray you're the only man who might get a bad nights sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Oh and great to hear the only man whose child might keep them awake in Ireland had a good nights sleep with Tom sleeping. God bless you Ray you're the only man who might get a bad nights sleep.
    I find that every parent thinks the same!

****ing hell so just coz rays brat slept every up their hole parent has to text him bout their kid and its sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

neris wrote: »
    so tom slept well last night. We can all relax now knowing that

I'm not a slagger of the show cos I like it, but yeah, I did throw my eyes up at that one, and now the texts saying their kids slept through...

Daithi doesnt want people telling them how they should have their baby. Hes on the wrong show in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

That poor family in Limerick... horrible to think this is such a common occurance when people are grieving. The effers, I hope it brings them nothing but a pox!

Good man Ray, making a total bollix of the quiz yet again. Why take a commercial break when you have 2 people from around the world on the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Good man Ray, making a total bollix of the quiz yet again. Why take a commercial break when you have 2 people from around the world on the line?

Maybe they go to an ad break so that they can test the lines while the 2 contestants are on?

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Maybe they go to an ad break so that they can test the lines while the 2 contestants are on?

More like he doesn't know what he's doing.
    But...if you happen to be related to the great man, then maybe you're right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement