Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

More like he doesn't know what he's doing.
    But...if you happen to be related to the great man, then maybe you're right.

:rolleyes:

So if someone gives a possible reason for him doing something then they have to be related to him. What a stupid comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Capone79

A little of topic but the Nicky Byrne show is cringeworthy, him and Jen/Jenny/Jennifer trying to be all cool and "hilar" really make me wanna put hot pokers in my ears.

Ps any girl who has a fake radio voice that could cut corn ie, Jenny, Mairead,Louise Duffy should be gagged and locked in a cage, even that Laura Whitmore, sweet Jesus the women's voice goes through me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Again off topic but I'm quite enjoying second half of AK & JD on 98, back to the old form though soon to be taken off air for lewdness in the morning I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Maybe they go to an ad break so that they can test the lines while the 2 contestants are on?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,019 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

On the KC show there was a competition to win tickets to the Forbidden Fruit festival. To win it Lenny came up with a unique idea for a competition, guess which fruit is in his head.

I switched over after the second group of people had been on and nobody had got it right. And it wasn't raspberries.

• Advertisement

More stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

You said this already. It looks like you don't know how to comment… which is kind of ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I switched off yesterday morning after his comment on the family who had their mortgage partially commuted. He is nothing but a pompous little c*nt and I don't want him spoiling my mornings anymore.
    I will divide my time (only 15 minutes of driving to work tbf) listening to Newstalk, Phantom or Nova.
    Goodbye Ray, small man syndrome is indeed strong in you.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

[QUOTE=PaulieC;89439823]I switched off yesterday morning after his comment on the family who had their mortgage partially commuted. He is nothing but a pompous little c*nt and I don't want him spoiling my mornings anymore.
    I will divide my time (only 15 minutes of driving to work tbf) listening to Newstalk, Phantom or Nova.
    Goodbye Ray, small man syndrome is indeed strong in you.[/QUOTE]

What did he say?

What did he say?

He did one of his "impressions". This one was of people who paid their mortgages complaining about folk who get off scot-free because they got into difficulties. He basically dismissed these (very valid) complaints out of hand and said that we, as a country, need to do this. Very easy for him to say, but as usual, no mention of how it would be paid for.

• Advertisement

PaulieC wrote: »
    He did one of his "impressions". This one was of people who paid their mortgages complaining about folk who get off scot-free because they got into difficulties. He basically dismissed these (very valid) complaints out of hand and said that we, as a country, need to do this. Very easy for him to say, but as usual, no mention of how it would be paid for.

Thing is though, it would have to be paid for even if the family didn't get the write down.

The bank (essentially owned by the people) would have to take the family to court to have them evicted, which would cost a good bit in legal fees. Then the family would just file for bankruptcy and walk away from the debt fully. So the bank would have to sell off the house at it's current value of about €150K meaning they'd lose €250K + legal fees.

They deal that they've done with the family means that they're only down €150K

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Thing is though, it would have to be paid for even if the family didn't get the write down.

The bank (essentially owned by the people) would have to take the family to court to have them evicted, which would cost a good bit in legal fees. Then the family would just file for bankruptcy and walk away from the debt fully. So the bank would have to sell off the house at it's current value of about €150K meaning they'd lose €250K + legal fees.

They deal that they've done with the family means that they're only down €150K

Not the point really. There should be a penalty that's why debts are chased no mater how small or the cost. It sets a dangerous precedent otherwise to tell people there are no repercussions to pay down a debt voluntarily entered in to.
    Added to that there is no transparency here. how do we know who gets these write downs? Are they AIB staff, friends, politically connected?
    Stubbs Gazette exists for a reason. Deals done behind closed doors by the likes of David Hall is not a good thing.

Neither point the cause of my defection. RD's attitude towards anything he doesn't agree with is the cause.

Not the point really.
    It kinda is the point, epsecially when you see what a was replying to.

There should be a penalty that's why debts are chased no mater how small or the cost. It sets a dangerous precedent otherwise to tell people there are no repercussions to pay down a debt voluntarily entered in to.
    Added to that there is no transparency here. how do we know who gets these write downs? Are they AIB staff, friends, politically connected?
    Stubbs Gazette exists for a reason. Deals done behind closed doors by the likes of David Hall is not a good thing.
    Why would you need transparency on a private deal?

As I've said, the other alternative was for the bank to evict them, which would've cost them more. The write down wasn't done out of any compassion for the family, it was a commercial decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

It kinda is the point, epsecially when you see what a was replying to.

Why would you need transparency on a private deal?

As I've said, the other alternative was for the bank to evict them, which would've cost them more. The write down wasn't done out of any compassion for the family, it was a commercial decision.

Are you kidding? You don't know who these people are and you do not know what criteria was applied.Write downs costs the taxpayer money so no it is not a private deal.
    Anyway this is OT.
    D'Arcy is a populist,if he were a political party he'd be Fianna Fail. Sweeties for all and worry about who pays later. We are all paying for populist policies now.

Are you kidding? You don't know who these people are and you do not know what criteria was applied.Write downs costs the taxpayer money so no it is not a private deal.
    So you want the banks to reveal all their private dealings because they are now state owned? Interesting.

He's an absolute gob****e. The D'Arcys probably have an annual income of around €700,000 & I doubt they have trouble paying for their house in Mount Merrion. Typical Ray not understanding the people out there struggling to pay a mortgage who quite rightly can give out about people getting a mortgage right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

He's an absolute gob****e. The D'Arcys probably have an annual income of around €700,000 & I doubt they have trouble paying for their house in Mount Merrion. Typical Ray not understanding the people out there struggling to pay a mortgage who quite rightly can give out about people getting a mortgage right off.
    Of course ray understands,he grew up in poverty with only a slice of bread for dinner which he had to share with fifty two siblings :)

mr bungle. wrote: »
    Of course ray understands,he grew up in poverty with only a slice of bread for dinner which he had to share with fifty two siblings :)

In all seriousness Dr Raymond D'Arcy seem totally out of touch with reality.
    The man is pompous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

he was only half a point short in the Leaving of becoming a doctor, I remember he told Pixie one day. I remember coz I thought it strange that he got 599.5 points in the Leaving but was in old Leaving Cert money as I found out when I mailed in.
    Just as well or you wouldn't be able to get a DART for his patients throwing themselves under trains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

More like he HAS to go to an ad-break at that time. People give radio presenters far too much credit when it comes to scheduling ad-breaks...

If it was once you'd say "Alright, they just got caught for time." but IIRC they've done it every day during the quiz. Just because it's not obvious doesn't mean there's not a perfectly logical explanation to it, they're not going to ads (a potential reason for listeners to flick around) for the laugh.

Dr Raymond D'Arcy **sigh** "Ok now today is Friday and I urge each and every one of you not to eat sugar this weekend. Eat a banana like I'm doing now. Later on I'll be eating 5 different bananas live on air and I'll be able to tell you which one is the best. Somebody needs to don't they? It's about time those fat cats in the Dail do something about obesity and get their finger out and do something. Isn't Enda Kenny always out of breath.. I doubt he'll do anything. Maybe Brian O'Driscoll and Amy Huberman will help me. They're great aren't they?

Also Get up and get your partner out for a jog. I'll be getting Jenny out to run 20k around the southside first thing tomorrow morning. Everyone needs to do what I do.

If you don't have a partner why don't ya? Get out there and meet someone. We might get Jenny to set people up next week. She's very successful don't ya know.

Right now it's time for the news with Sinead Spain. Oh.. wait no. It's time for a break. Jesus Will, you need to tell me these things"

ray-darcy-celebrities-outside-today-fm-studios_5949045.jpg

Kind of ironic that this thread has now become just as moany as Ray's show.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

sydthebeat wrote: »
    jesus ray came across as a really lecherous old man there.....

who in their right mind is going to announce on national radio that they had sex the first time they went out together???
    its was cringe worthy ...... him, repeating the question and then saying he didnt believe them....

a real low point of the show there

100% agree sounded like a perv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Is this the Lave Line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Or are you Will standing up for his idol

Sigh, it's Ray… and I would have got away with it if it wasn't for these pesky ad breaks. Hello? Hello? I can hear myself… this isn't working…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Turn the radio on

That Will looks and sounds like a tosser

• Site Banned Posts: 25 Pingu Zip

<Snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sydthebeat wrote: »
    jesus ray came across as a really lecherous old man there.....

who in their right mind is going to announce on national radio that they had sex the first time they went out together???
    its was cringe worthy ...... him, repeating the question and then saying he didnt believe them....

a real low point of the show there

That was awful. What did he and the listeners expect?

Ray: "So what happened later?"
    Girl: "Ah y'know yourself Ray, we went back to the hotel and he rode me so hard I can barely walk this morning. Jesus, I swear, he reddened the arse off me, had to take two showers there to get everything out of my hair. Oh, I better say hi to my Mom too, she knows I was gonna be on this morning."
    Leaving aside this little squabble, did anybody else cringe at the prank call to Cheltenham looking for tickets to the 'Cup of Gold'?

Have to say I'm disappointed in Will that he'd do something that bad

Another low moment. Seemed completely pointless and not in the slightest bit funny. Even if the guy at the end of the phone had stayed there, what did they think they were gonna get out of it? Sort of broke rule #1 of prank phone calls by being so ridiculously OTT out the gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Daithi to Ray " I thought of you yesterday when i was holding the baby". He's small, bald and whinging.....
    But enough about Ray, im sure the baby is lovely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement