Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

mr bungle. wrote: »
    don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen!

Don't hold your breath at all !!!! Don't you see the dangers of holding your breath??? It's up there with sugar in your tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

It's up there with sugar in your tea.

and not running

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Brace yourselves...
    The anti fast food tirade will be in full flow tomorrow at 9.

"*sigh* What can we do? What can we do? I mean, I think it's a great thing that they want to ban chippers near schools, but that's not enough is it? We need to ban deli's, shops selling sweets and fizzy drinks as well. And while we're at it, we should probably ban sugary cereals as well! I mean, Christ knows we can't let parents take responsibility for what their kids eat, the government have to police this! We should also bring back those ten mile sponsored walks, and have them once a week, and I should broadcast from them each week with Paolo Nutini and Andrew Maxwell as co-hosts, with hourly updates on how the fight against cancer is going. *sigh* Now, time for a song... no, wait... not that one... one, two, three, four... that one... no, stop, stop, eject, eject... There."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Big celebrations when Tom slept the whole night, probably cause the childminder didn't feed him with skittles and coke that day....

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭purrrfect1

ncmc wrote: »
    To be fair to Ray, Paulo wasn’t giving him much to work with, he doesn’t sound like he’s got a whole lot of personality. It’s the ‘no strings’ texts etc that make me cringe. He always does it when he has a celebrity guest and it’s just cringe worthy. What is the guest supposed to say?

That said, that was a superb performance by Paulo. He’s a very talented young fella.
    BaZmO* wrote: »
    I was talking about bit where Ray said "Love" instead of "Like" when introducing the song "Scream (Funk My Life Up)"
    He went on to say that he got mixed up because it's difficult to read and look at Paolo at the same time.

Sounded an awful lot more cringey in real time.

I missed Paulo today ( I dont listen any more to Ray Darcy show) but I did tweet Jenny Kelly to see if she mentioned to him that she thougtht he was an 'auld wan singing' I didin't get any reply!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Anyone think "Fix it Friday" is long past it's sell by date? It's not like you can't get the information on the Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

6781 wrote: »
    Anyone think "Fix it Friday" is long past it's sell by date? It's not like you can't get the information on the Internet.

It seems to be more of a 'give me something for free please' service. The girl looking for a house share with a dog in Cork city? Quick search reveals 6 houses in the city centre straight away. It always has people looking for something and getting offers of it for free, like the girl looking for cheap wedding dresses. Google will give you an answer but not a free dress....

Guy on now talking about UFO and you can just hear Ray sniggering and being dismissive already. Why the hell does he bring these people on if he's just going to knock them for their beliefs? I understand it's probably a bit far fetched but other than ego inflation for Ray what's the point of this piece he keeps tutting and sighing in the background while the man is talking! Really disrespectful

I never read this thread but just googled "Ray D'arcy Show annoying" and this came up. So I am in good company. Is it just me getting older (I am younger than Ray) or is the whole show just quite immature these days. Who cares how many people have ride-on mowers??? The way Ray giggles at everything Jenny says.... the whole "family" thing and talking about kids, haircuts etc etc. Dunno.... although I am younger than Ray my kids are 27 and 22!! U kinda get over the whole "my kids are great" thing. It just seems like so much childish babble. Also one other thing that really annoys me is the constant reading out of texts and tweets when he is interviewing someone i.e. so and so says or thinks .... rather than just listening to the guest... he also constantly interrupts them.

Then there has to be the "emotional" sad story slot where everyone texts in that they have "tears flowing down their cheeks" at home. OMG - everyone has a story (I lost my daughter to cancer) but you just have to deal with it. You are not "amazing and brave" cos life threw some **** at you. It happens to lots of us.

I have fallen in love with Newstalk lately.... Ivan Yates , even Pat K.... you just feel its more grown up and relevant. Sick of the giggles and silly banter and "what do you put in your dishwasher" stuff!
    Move on. Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Hardly constructive criticism

Apologies. I just experienced anger thinking about the man.

The man clearly thinks he's above a lot of people. If it's a subject or guest that he doesn't agree with or simply has no interest in then he'll go out of his way to come across as sarcastic and patronising. When Anton Savage fills in for him, he is genuinely interested in all guests and gets the best out of them. If the guests aren't rugby players or Amy Huberman then D'Arcy couldn't give a f**k.
    If they express a viewpoint that D'Arcy doesn't agree with then he'll just cut across them and ****e on about breast feeding or something.
    The man is seriously insecure

• Advertisement

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    Apologies. I just experienced anger thinking about the man.

The man clearly thinks he's above a lot of people. If it's a subject or guest that he doesn't agree with or simply has no interest in then he'll go out of his way to come across as sarcastic and patronising. When Anton Savage fills in for him, he is genuinely interested in all guests and gets the best out of them. If the guests aren't rugby players or Amy Huberman then D'Arcy couldn't give a f**k.
    If they express a viewpoint that D'Arcy doesn't agree with then he'll just cut across them and ****e on about breast feeding or something.
    The man is seriously insecure

agree with you completely on Anton - he is a genuine interviewer and has an interest in everything..... and he doesn't have kids he keeps going on about!! (btw I'm a parent too but just dont keep going on about it)

Good man Ray, manages to bring up children, pregnancy and childbirth again. And the way he's going on is creepy.

On the off chance there's any A to Z celebrities reading this. Our highest rated morning presenter will ask you these three intriguing questions.

"Tell us about about your love life?"

"How much do you earn?"

"What height are you?"

Ray will also read out about 5 or 6 text messages to you along the lines of.

"Mary in Athlone thinks you're a ride"

"Clare in Kilkenny said she's in bed now listening to your voice and loves it"

"Monica from Tallaght wants to know will you leave your wife for her"

"Bridie in Clonakilty wants you to say HI to her"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

6781 wrote: »

Totally agree should be renamed **** off friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Had the chance to tune in twice this week, one segment was about running and second was about cancer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

threein99 wrote: »
    Had the chance to tune in twice this week, one segment was about running and second was about cancer

Damn you missed the bit about babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Brace yourselves...
    The anti fast food tirade will be in full flow tomorrow at 9.

"*sigh* What can we do? What can we do? I mean, I think it's a great thing that they want to ban chippers near schools, but that's not enough is it? We need to ban deli's, shops selling sweets and fizzy drinks as well. And while we're at it, we should probably ban sugary cereals as well! I mean, Christ knows we can't let parents take responsibility for what their kids eat, the government have to police this! We should also bring back those ten mile sponsored walks, and have them once a week, and I should broadcast from them each week with Paolo Nutini and Andrew Maxwell as co-hosts, with hourly updates on how the fight against cancer is going. *sigh* Now, time for a song... no, wait... not that one... one, two, three, four... that one... no, stop, stop, eject, eject... There."

* plays obligitory Mumford and Sons track... *

Kate Kate Kate Kate Kate Kate Cancer Cancer Cancer Kate Kate Run Run Politician Politician *insert something about friday morning search for maighread from Tuam for a replacement asymmetrical lucky pink lace bra she bought in Guinneys in '07 but can't be had any more * Jenny Jenny Jenny Jenny Jenny Jenny Cancer Cancer Kate * Speed dating for some farmer from mallow - all up on the blog * Cancer Cancer Jenny Jenny Jenny Kate

Repeat x7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Damn you missed the bit about babies.

I didn't go for the hat-trick

Sure aren't we all that stupid that Ray has to explain every gag to us.
    "Hambassador, ya see what I did there, ham as in bacon, and hog, see, thats also another name for a pig".
    Every time he tells a joke..... sorry the joke about the polar bear saying hes freezing, that has to be explained too. "Ya see, hes a polar bear in Dublin zoo and he's so cold when he should be used to it".

No matter, we have the 'humanist's', to look forward to next week. Ray due a bit of religion bashing again.

ah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah - I forgot about that one - explaining the joke .........or his other favourite "oxymoron"

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

He usually starts the joke explanation with "Did ye see what I did there"
    Then trails off and finishes it with a "Ah yeah"
    He does this for every joke Will makes too. Jesus Christ Ray I know how a joke works. I don't need it explained to me like a two year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,017 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Dargull wrote: »
    He does this for every joke Will makes too. Jesus Christ Ray I know how a joke works. I don't need it explained to me like a two year old.
    that' s a fact!! hear that every day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Ah Lads!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    On the off chance there's any A to Z celebrities reading this. Our highest rated morning presenter will ask you these three intriguing questions.

"Tell us about about your love life?"

"How much do you earn?"

"What height are you?"

Ray will also read out about 5 or 6 text messages to you along the lines of.

"Mary in Athlone thinks you're a ride"

"Clare in Kilkenny said she's in bed now listening to your voice and loves it"

"Monica from Tallaght wants to know will you leave your wife for her"

"Bridie in Clonakilty wants you to say HI to her"

And how could you forget “he/she is my no strings, you do know what that is?, it's when you ......................................"

Ahhhhhhhhh there you go......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Dargull wrote: »

I remember a few months ago, something along these lines.

Ray: "sure that song was from years ago"
    Will: "Ha, back when the records were square haha"
    Ray: "What? Records were always round"

And he was serious, I would say Will was chewing the lip off himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭saythatagain

Sure aren't we all that stupid that Ray has to explain every gag to us.
    "Hambassador, ya see what I did there, ham as in bacon, and hog, see, thats also another name for a pig".
    Every time he tells a joke..... sorry the joke about the polar bear saying hes freezing, that has to be explained too. "Ya see, hes a polar bear in Dublin zoo and he's so cold when he should be used to it".

No matter, we have the 'humanist's', to look forward to next week. Ray due a bit of religion bashing again.

Doubt he'll bash the humanists, didn't he and Jenny have a humanist ceremony for their wedding. Get ready for him to start preaching down to the rest of us.

Doubt he'll bash the humanists, didn't he and Jenny have a humanist ceremony for their wedding. Get ready for him to start preaching down to the rest of us.

You can be damn sure he won't be laughing at them and making comments like "do you not think the whole thing is a bit ridiculous".
    This, like you said will be another opportunity for Ray to preach to us about how this is the proper way to be married and how you don't need a priest and all that mularkey .

I've no problem with atheism, wouldn't have great faith myself but, I'm getting sick of him using the show to highlight his personal life choices while mocking and berating people who's opinion differs from his!

You don't run? Why not,are you stupid? You smoke or have a bet on a match or horse? You're stupid. You do something different to Ray in the raising of your child? That's completely wrong You're stupid.

Literally the first words out of Ray's mouth this morning "How old are your kids?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Ray, the only thing more annoying than hearing a 2 year olds toy lawn mower at 6am is playing a recording of it on a national radio station. At this stage I honestly think Ray is trying to wind this thread up, the more "constructive criticism" he gets here the more he plays up to it

• Advertisement

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Ray, the only thing more annoying than hearing a 2 year olds toy lawn mower at 6am is playing a recording of it on a national radio station. At this stage I honestly think Ray is trying to wind this thread up, the more "constructive criticism" he gets here the more he plays up to it

So do I. I've a feeling Cupid Kelly and Ray do be in bed at 8pm on a Sunday reading and Cupid will tell Ray "eisenberg1 & Michael Weston said this about you on boards.ie"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement