Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the staff on the show exactly do? It's a three hour show that plays music with a bit of chat.

Ray D'Arcy
    Will Hanafin
    Cupid Kelly
    Mairead Farrell
    There's someone else involved whose name escapes me.

Anyone know what they all do?

Probably a few more that dont get on air too. I dont claim to know the inner workings of presenting a radio show but I do know the majority of shows that mix chat and music have the host and one, maybe two others. No idea why D'Arcy needs at least four extras when everybody else manages with one or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭saythatagain

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Probably a few more that dont get on air too. I dont claim to know the inner workings of presenting a radio show but I do know the majority of shows that mix chat and music have the host and one, maybe two others. No idea why D'Arcy needs at least four extras when everybody else manages with one or two.

There's also a Pamela and a Siobhan, no idea what they all do, especially since the format has stayed the same for so long and they have set intervals on certain days, like emailbag, fix if friday, the therapist lady etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 jedi1997

Ray Darcy show is a show that represents my age group. i am abroad and radio is a great bridge to home. I find it hard not to cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

There's also a Pamela and a Siobhan, no idea what they all do, especially since the format has stayed the same for so long and they have set intervals on certain days, like emailbag, fix if friday, the therapist lady etc.

I genuinely think they sit on their arse doing nothing.

Will Hanifin just tweeted this

WILL HANAFIN ‏@willhanafin 2m
    Look at this discussion on recording from 2011..this is hardly new-dogs in streets and all that!! #Shatter #gardai
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70166030

They must read this thread if they're on boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

They must read this thread you say....I think one of them is a MOD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

I reckon that initially Mairead and Cupid were supposed to take care of most of the work behind the scenes but my theory now is that they're mainly on air talent and make the odd contribution like the dating crap etc. I think the other people behind the scenes do the roles they should be doing. Having such a high staff rate for one show is crazy when its the same formulatic nonsense whinging daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Was fairly busy before lunch today so was only half listening to the show.

Thought the wedding segment was pretty interesting.

But for the love of sweet suffering jaysus... ANOTHER dating segment? FFS, just STOP, please!

DuckStab, you're now my no strings after that post. You do know what that means right? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Jenny, Jenny, Jenny, Jenny, Jenny bite my ham sandwich, Jenny, Jenny, Jenny............
    tooooo cosy this husband and wife stuff!
    Imagine Pat Kenny, Gay Byrne, Ivan Yates, Sean Moncrieff banging on and on about their wife who works beside them throughout their shows? I'm outta here........work beckons!

George Hook and "the lovely Ingerrrred".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,017 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

There was just a segment with a guy who wants to do something different that he hasn't done before everyday. He was talking about the banality of life and said to Ray "You do the same show everyday". Ray was straight back at him "I don't, I wasn't speaking to you yesterday".

• Advertisement

BPKS wrote: »
    There was just a segment with a guy who wants to do something different that he hasn't done before everyday. He was talking about the banality of life and said to Ray "You do the same show everyday". Ray was straight back at him "I don't, I wasn't speaking to you yesterday".

He should try listening to his show every day. Now that's banal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

BPKS wrote: »

They featured a similar attention seeker before. I remember him trying to get a hole in one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The best was when ray said too him "you should just run a marathon"

Addle wrote: »
    They featured a similar attention seeker before. I remember him trying to get a hole in one.

Hmm you're either talking about cupid Kelly fixing a guy up or the guy who was trying to find a needle in a haystack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Hmm you're either talking about cupid Kelly fixing a guy up or the guy who was trying to find a needle in a haystack.
    Just golf!

Has anyone here ever met the great man himself? A year or two ago I was in the queue at Movies @ Dundrum and I saw D'Arcy and Cupid Kelly. It was about 7 on a Friday (very late for him to be out) and they stood right in front of me in the queue. I was unbelievably tempted to let out a huge SIGH and say the government needs to do something about this queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever met the great man himself? A year or two ago I was in the queue at Movies @ Dundrum and I saw D'Arcy and Cupid Kelly. It was about 7 on a Friday (very late for him to be out) and they stood right in front of me in the queue. I was unbelievably tempted to let out a huge SIGH and say the government needs to do something about this queue.

Well, on the plus side, if he sits in front of you, at least he wont block the view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 jedi1997

Ray Darcy

One day I am hoping ..... will sit down and actually prepare for the show. Make us laugh, start by hiring talented people.

Howard Stern
    aka how to do radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Ray's inability to prepare for an interview really annoys me. I stopped listening not long ago but before I did he was interviewing someone (can't remember who, always a sign of a great interview) and he got the dates wrong for the thing his guest was on to promote. Like, that's your job. How hard is it to have a piece of paper with the name and date of the event?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

not sure if it was yesterday or the day before, but he was talking about Shatter and said that the latest news was another death knell in his coffin. WTF ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I met him at one of those movie screening things they did. He asked me which pub we were all going to, I told him and directed him to it, he turned and walked off. You're welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

PaulieC wrote: »
    not sure if it was yesterday or the day before, but he was talking about Shatter and said that the latest news was another death knell in his coffin. WTF ???

I heard that too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Ray's inability to prepare for an interview really annoys me. I stopped listening not long ago but before I did he was interviewing someone (can't remember who, always a sign of a great interview) and he got the dates wrong for the thing his guest was on to promote. Like, that's your job. How hard is it to have a piece of paper with the name and date of the event?

No need for him to do any research into anything as he knows it all.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,587 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

FunLover18 wrote: »

to be fair thats a producers job....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,545 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Jesus he is reading some letter that seems to be for about 10 mins now. I'm out anyway, his show had got brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Ah why in Gods name did he have to read that entire letter for 10 mins. It's the biggest load of waffle about the typical Today FM listener.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Will the 7 foot 25 stone trucker text in, that he is crying so hard, that he had to stop the truck?

Has he sighed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

Wow!! A new height today...a "snot and tears running down my face" txt...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Wait . . . . Ray is about to break down in tears.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement