Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

mikep wrote: »
    Wow!! A new height today...a "snot and tears running down my face" txt...

Either someone from here is texting in or Will Hanifin or Cupid Kelly are reading this thread and making up texts for D'Arcy to read out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,017 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I'm waiting for the AA roadwatch bulletin to hear about a raft of trucks crashing throughout the country, due to tears rushing down the face of the 6ft7" 18 stone driver.

And did anybody notice Ray saying this morning that the job of a judge is one he wouldn't like. He reckons it would not be nice to have to judge people every day. I had to laugh.

Here we go... Fix it ****ing Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

2smiggy wrote: »
    Jesus he is reading some letter that seems to be for about 10 mins now. I'm out anyway, his show had got brutal.

To be fair I thought it was a great email. I'm sure there are people out there that will get some positivity and encouragement from it.

There are people out there that are struggling with things that we know nothing about big or small, it seems she has touched a lot of people with it. If she can help someone with it good on her, at least she is doing something good rather that bitching on here about every detail.

I am off out for my walk now.

Awaiting the onslaught of people now giving out about the texters saying they are crying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

swingking wrote: »
    Ah why in Gods name did he have to read that entire letter for 10 mins. It's the biggest load of waffle about the typical Today FM listener.
    because that letter was really touching, and a lot of people can relate to feeling like that at times in their lives, if you don't like it, why are you listening? just zone out if you hate the show that much....

that text was in response to the letter above, as it was said in the email.

• Advertisement

Ray talking about the lotto "They need to jizz it up" and he starts laughing like a 14 year old with the sexual innuendo. What a gob****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

DuckStabbbbb!!!! Was that you that sent in the 10 min email.
    If not, then I have a new hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

that text was in response to the letter above, as it was said in the email.[/QUOTE]

I realise that, but seriously the amount of "tears running down my face" with or without snot, people who listen and text in makes me wonder...do you honestly believe that so many people are so affected by emails from strangers that they spend a portion of every day bawling their eyes out??
    I certainly don't.

Weird, that quote didn't work out as expected...

that text was in response to the letter above, as it was said in the email.

I realise that, but seriously the amount of "tears running down my face" with or without snot, people who listen and text in makes me wonder...do you honestly believe that so many people are so affected by emails from starngers that they spend a portion of every day bawling their eyes out??
    I certainly don't.[/QUOTE]

Hanafin and Cupid definitely make them up i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I enjoyed Rays mini mix live this morning hopefully he sticks too things like this more often as it's what made me love the show in the first place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Heard the start of the show this morning, and once again he plays 10 seconds of a song and decides its to late and has to go to a break. It is hands down the most annoying thing about the show........:mad:

Playing the song before of after the break takes the same amount of time, other shows can take 2 breaks close together when they need too.../rant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I fairness, this Aggie section is daft... how do I get make up out of a carpet answer make up remover. How do I get dried superglue off answer superglue removal. Honestly, these people need a lesson in how to use Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"CJ Haughey stole your grandfathers ball when he was seven, that's maad, heh"

And now, we have cleaning and washing tips with Aggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

ncmc wrote: »
    I fairness, this Aggie section is daft... how do I get make up out of a carpet answer make up remover. How do I get dried superglue off answer superglue removal. Honestly, these people need a lesson in how to use Google.

or something like this http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+remove+superglue

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "CJ Haughey stole your grandfathers ball when he was seven, that's maad, heh"

And now, we have cleaning and washing tips with Aggie.

This is what D'Arcy, Hanafin, Cupid, Mairead and Pamela are paid good money to produce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 jedi1997

Set play List ---- Repeat Daily

and Loop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

I don't understand why people, usually truckers, electricitians and carpenters, feel the need to include their profession in a text unrelated to their profession.

"Great song Ray" from John the sparks.

"Love the show Ray" from frank the chippie. And so on.

Wtf is that about.

Heckler wrote: »
    I don't understand why people, usually truckers, electricitians and carpenters, feel the need to include their profession in a text unrelated to their profession.

"Great song Ray" from John the sparks.

"Love the show Ray" from frank the chippie. And so on.

Wtf is that about.

The texts are made up. Hanafin and Cupid make them up and hand them to Ray

I realise that, but seriously the amount of "tears running down my face" with or without snot, people who listen and text in makes me wonder...do you honestly believe that so many people are so affected by emails from strangers that they spend a portion of every day bawling their eyes out??
    I certainly don't.

Weird, that quote didn't work out as expected...

I suppose they are a bit like those that jump onto boards to bitch about them texting in........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

jedi1997 wrote: »

Sugar
    Man Tears
    My Child is Special
    Man Tears
    Running
    More Running
    Cancer Story
    Fashion Wisdom from Big J
    Fighting Back Man Tears
    Garda Running For Cancer
    Copperface Jack Joke
    ('Celeb' Arrives into studio) - What Do You Think Of Ireland,
    Text in From Biddy "She said she would"
    Love Hate
    Did you know Sugar can
    Overly Sensitive Song, ends... cue ... Reminds One of Child at home,
    Man Tears

Young Peoples Panel Arrives in - Hi Ray - my name's John and I'm Depressed
    Have You Tried Running John - Exercise is so important

Young Singles Panel Arrives in - Hi Ray - my name's Mary and I'm Single
    Have You Tried Riding Mary - Exercise is so important

and Loop

God damn it man you forgot the fca.he was in it you know.

• Advertisement

jedi1997 wrote: »

Sugar
    Man Tears
    My Child is Special
    Man Tears
    Running
    More Running
    Cancer Story
    Fashion Wisdom from Big J
    Fighting Back Man Tears
    Garda Running For Cancer
    Copperface Jack Joke
    ('Celeb' Arrives into studio) - What Do You Think Of Ireland,
    Text in From Biddy "She said she would"
    Love Hate
    Did you know Sugar can
    Overly Sensitive Song, ends... cue ... Reminds One of Child at home,
    Man Tears

Young Peoples Panel Arrives in - Hi Ray - my name's John and I'm Depressed
    Have You Tried Running John - Exercise is so important

Young Singles Panel Arrives in - Hi Ray - my name's Mary and I'm Single
    Have You Tried Riding Mary - Exercise is so important

and Loop
    crazygeryy wrote: »
    God damn it man you forgot the fca.he was in it you know.

What about the rugby????? He played a bit if that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

have they stopped playing paulo nutini?? i stopped listening to it. what really really annoys me is the reading the paper at the start of the show. and its not just Ray. Eeeh i can read the paper myself, i dont need you or anyone else reading it for me...or if i have already read a story i then have to hear it been read out and discussed again!!!:mad: I didnt mind Gerry Ryan doing it, he actually made it interesting but now everyone is doing it. STOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Duggie2012 wrote: »
    have they stopped playing paulo nutini?? i stopped listening to it. what really really annoys me is the reading the paper at the start of the show. and its not just Ray. Eeeh i can read the paper myself, i dont need you or anyone else reading it for me...or if i have already read a story i then have to hear it been read out and discussed again!!!:mad: I didnt mind Gerry Ryan doing it, he actually made it interesting but now everyone is doing it. STOP.
    You do know that not everyone has read the papers by that time of the morning and the newspaper companies themselves are happy he does so as it encourages people to go out and buy one

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

amiable wrote: »
    You do know that not everyone has read the papers by that time of the morning and the newspaper companies themselves are happy he does so as it encourages people to go out and buy one

do you think that makes people buy a paper?? your either a paper reader or your not. its just lazy and it waste's 10-15 mins at the start of the show.

do you think that makes people buy a paper?? your either a paper reader or your not. its just lazy and it waste's 10-15 mins at the start of the show.

I said encourages people to buy a paper. The reason being if there's a story in a paper that he reads a snippet of that somebody is interested in then they may go out and buy the paper to read the rest of it. And yes this does happen and does work.
    There are plenty of people that are occasional paper readers.

well do you know what guys? I really miss Gerry Ryan. ...... I know he had his bashers but I really liked him cos he was 100% honest. Yeah he talked about his kids and wife - but I dunno it just never annoyed me as much as Ray D'arcy. He could have his smutty jokes, innuendos and laughs but it was as an adult - not a sniggering schoolboy. You always knew Gerry had his demons and his faults. I remember feeling sad for him when I heard his marriage broke up cos he was such a family man...I always felt that would literally break his heart. He was a in a different class to Ray D'arcy and ironically Ray's show only took off when Gerry died.

well do you know what guys? I really miss Gerry Ryan. ...... I know he had his bashers but I really liked him cos he was 100% honest. Yeah he talked about his kids and wife - but I dunno it just never annoyed me as much as Ray D'arcy. He could have his smutty jokes, innuendos and laughs but it was as an adult - not a sniggering schoolboy. You always knew Gerry had his demons and his faults. I remember feeling sad for him when I heard his marriage broke up cos he was such a family man...I always felt that would literally break his heart. He was a in a different class to Ray D'arcy and ironically Ray's show only took off when Gerry died.

Gerry was the absolute king of morning radio. If Gerry was still around D'Arcy would be a far far second place in the rating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    Gerry was the absolute king of morning radio. If Gerry was still around D'Arcy would be a far far second place in the rating

Gerry Ryan was a cock. The only person on Irish Radio that is good with easy going chat is Sean Moncrief. He'd rule if he was on the morning slot on RTE 1 or 2 or Today fm imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Why is she called Cupid?
    I don't listen anymore as Im working but used to enjoying years ago.
    People seem to be pretty annoyed within here now-how come ye are still listening??

• Advertisement

Why is she called Cupid?
    I don't listen anymore as Im working but used to enjoying years ago.
    People seem to be pretty annoyed within here now-how come ye are still listening??

It's been said before on this thread a while back that plenty of people around the country have no choice but to listen to the show as it's on the radio where they work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement