Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Giving baby feeding advice now to a doctor!!!!!
    The bit that got me was him taking over the giving of advice from the doctor for the guy with the itchy scrotum.

Dr Darcy's diagnosis and final ruling - the listener needs to "cop on"

I don't know why I do it to myself - he's irritating me more and more

Back to Tubridy

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Start of the show, Ray tells us how he received a large package in the post and he loves to examine large packages followed by the now customary immature giggle and sorry I didn't mean to laugh, then the painfully contrived chat with the news reader which I can only assume he's being told to do as it serves no purpose. Oh and just now back in the saddle three times tee hee hee. Grow the fock up man. Giving baby feeding advice now to a doctor!!!!!

You do realise Dr Raymond D'Arcy could've been a real doctor don't you? Well at least that's what he has said

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

You do realise Dr Raymond D'Arcy could've been a real doctor don't you? Well at least that's what he has said

Ah Jesus, has he really said that?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

I think what he says is that he missed out on doing medicine in college by half a point in the old LC system.

That and the fact that a college professor told him he had a great understanding of the human condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

a college professor told him he had a great understanding of the human condition.

That professor has a lot to answer for.

• Advertisement

Has anyone tried the whole "zoning out" thing during the Dr Raymond D'Arcy Show some previous poster said previously? I found it very difficult to zone out to be fair. I'd hear a big sigh and he'd have my attention again

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Has anyone tried the whole "zoning out" thing during the Dr Raymond D'Arcy Show some previous poster said previously? I found it very difficult to zone out to be fair. I'd hear a big sigh and he'd have my attention again

Zoning out you say??? Aaaaaaah Yeah, I Dunno lads tap tap tap of the pen on the desk,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Tried zoning out, but as soon as I heard, "How many children have you,what ages are they", I was back in like Flynn.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

The best way to zone out is just tune out. Ive gone over a week now without listening to him and my anger levels have reduced massively

neris wrote: »
    The best way to zone out is just tune out. Ive gone over a week now without listening to him and my anger levels have reduced massively

For billionth time some of us have it on in work and can't change it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

What the ****? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

That's only 8 years ago!

lambayire wrote: »
    That's only 8 years ago!

What the hell are they doing?
    They seem to think they're great craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    What the hell are they doing?
    They seem to think they're great craic

Copying the official video for that song.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Have you never seen the original OK Go video?

It was quite clever at the time.

The Darcy's were just doing a recreation of it.
    They did a few others at the time too.

Have you never seen the original OK Go video?

It was quite clever at the time.

The Darcy's were just doing a recreation of it.
    They did a few others at the time too.

eejets

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

For billionth time some of us have it on in work and can't change it.

Oh yeah forgot about that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Mark 00 wrote: »
    Is anybody getting tired of the Ray D'arcy show. well not so much the show but rather him and his moral highground. If i'm looking for an opinionated gobs**te, there are plenty of other shows. His show used to be just about havin a laugh and not takin things too seriously but in the last year or so he cant seem to talk about anything without giving a big opinionated spiel about whats right, (coz if its his opinion, then obviously it has to be right). Bring back the old days when he used to brighten up our mornings.

Mod Note:

There is no reason to discuss the presenters personal life here. This thread is to do with the Radio Show itself and not the private life of Ray D'Arcy. Anyone found to be dragging threads off topic will incur at least a ban for 24 hours

Splinter
    That's only 8 years ago!

And this original post is only 7 years old....Siggghhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

in fairness Will in brilliant and comes up with some great quotes, I don't know how he doesn't lamp Darcy sometimes though, for cutting across him etc. he's far smarter than him.

PIORUN wrote: »
    in fairness Will in brilliant and comes up with some great quotes, I don't know how he doesn't lamp Darcy sometimes though, for cutting across him etc. he's far smarter than him.

Will won't say anything to Ray. He's in awe of him. That's the way Ray likes it. He surrounds himself with yes men.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭Sir Chops

What April fools shoite have they planned for today? Some self absorbed nonsense

Sir Chops wrote: »
    What April fools shoite have they planned for today? Some self absorbed nonsense

Well one thing we're guaranteed is that he'll say something like "God that's awfully big" and then giggle like a schoolboy and say "sorry".

The chap is 62 going on 16

09:08am and Ray has already told us that all our kids should exercise at least 1 hour a day even in the winter months.
    I say he has Kate and Tom on a treadmill every evening doing 5k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    09:08am and Ray has already told us that all our kids should exercise at least 1 hour a day even in the winter months.
    I say he has Kate and Tom on a treadmill every evening doing 5k

He also said that keeping children away from bad foods was "the parents job". This, after ranting a few weeks ago about how the Government should have done more about the sugar epidemic

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

is this guy an Aprils fool's? he seemed to struggle speaking mandrin just now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Per Ray, if men admit to being with twenty women, it is really ten, but if women admit to thirty, in means sixty. WTF!!, where did he hear that one , one insecure little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Per Ray, if men admit to being with twenty women, it is really ten, but if women admit to thirty, in means sixty. WTF!!, where did he hear that one , one insecure little man.

In fairness, it's a well known saying. Men double, women halve.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    American Pie, had a similar calc if I remember rightly

BaZmO* wrote: »
    In fairness, it's a well known saying. Men double, women halve.

OK, but other than from him, I don't think I have heard it before.

• Advertisement

American Pie, had a similar calc if I remember rightly

Well, if it was in American Pie, it must be true:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement