Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Se1251an

New to this. God I hate Darcy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭Sir Chops

ivytwine wrote: »
    He was a virgin and he was 40. Never had a second date with a girl. Seemed like a perfectly pleasant chap, but extremely low self-esteem, had trouble talking to women even.

He also said himself he had done counselling previously, Ray basically rubbished his old counsellor...

Ah here that's bad form by darcy and his baying mob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Se1251an wrote: »

That's it you have it.keep up that attitude and you'll go far in this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

ivytwine wrote: »
    He was a virgin and he was 40. Never had a second date with a girl. Seemed like a perfectly pleasant chap, but extremely low self-esteem, had trouble talking to women even.

He also said himself he had done counselling previously, Ray basically rubbished his old counsellor...

He needs professional help alright, the poor guy, I'd say they thought it would help him to get the ride and then every little thing will be alright, they would have hooked him up to a milking machine if they thought it would help him
    I was waiting for 1 of the girls to make him an offer he couldn't refuse:eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 41,586 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The second o heard he was going to do a dating thing with that man I switched over, enough is enough. ..... but jesus the other choices are muck.

I left it on newstalk but pat kenny is simply too boring and depressing for my tastes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Today's show was the worst in a long time.
    Most people would say the show has been on a slow downward spiral for a good while now, but recently it's gone to the dogs. Every day it gets worse. Terrible terrible radio with a sloppy lazy host. If 2fm could get their act together his ratings would plummet.

That story with the 40 year virgin shows Darsey up as a complete egomaniac. No doubt he'll drag it out for as long as he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

6781 wrote: »
    Most people would say the show has been on a slow downward spiral for a good while now, but recently it's gone to the dogs. Every day it gets worse. Terrible terrible radio with a sloppy lazy host. If 2fm could get their act together his ratings would plummet.

That story with the 40 year virgin shows Darsey up as a complete egomaniac. No doubt he'll drag it out for as long as he can.

Oh God I missed it thankfully but, from what I can gather is this guy has rock bottom self esteem perhaps borderline mental issues and hang ups about his lack of success with the fairer of the species, and Raymond.......wants to set him up on a date!!!! He'd probably get him on the next day for the Inquisition, Well????? Did ya get the ride?? Did you put your penis inside her??? Tee hee hee.
    Is that the gist of it?? Tell me I'm wrong.

Ha Ha car crash radio, Raymond is really one of the most self obsessed clueless people on the planet, someone said earlier it was even suggested the dude see a prostitute !!

Is he actually Alan Partridge? Ray., if by some chance You're reading this, hang up the microphone and stay home with Tom, it's over your time has passed retire before you disappear in a vacuum up your own ass.

Although that would be up there with a child birth live on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Se1251an wrote: »

Watch out for the mods you cant use personal criticism against Sir Raymond without getting a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

If that fella is successful in finding a lady, what are the odds Darcy will want them on the phone live on air "doing the deed" like he wanted a woman to give birth on live air.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Did that child birth thing ever go ahead? I remember he was looking for people for it for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Damien360

redbuck wrote: »
    Did that child birth thing ever go ahead? I remember he was looking for people for it for a long time.

No it never did. Radio and baby could not coordinate :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Damien360 wrote: »
    No it never did. Radio and baby could not coordinate :)

The child is 18 months old now and still inside, he's waiting for ray to give they the go ahead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 petitegall

Oh God I missed it thankfully but, from what I can gather is this guy has rock bottom self esteem perhaps borderline mental issues and hang ups about his lack of success with the fairer of the species, and Raymond.......wants to set him up on a date!!!! He'd probably get him on the next day for the Inquisition, Well????? Did ya get the ride?? Did you put your penis inside her??? Tee hee hee.
    Is that the gist of it?? Tell me I'm wrong.

Ha Ha car crash radio, Raymond is really one of the most self obsessed clueless people on the planet, someone said earlier it was even suggested the dude see a prostitute !!

Is he actually Alan Partridge? Ray., if by some chance You're reading this, hang up the microphone and stay home with Tom, it's over your time has passed retire before you disappear in a vacuum up your own ass.

What would become of your life if Ray decided to hang up his mic???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 jedi1997

I'm Ray
    Sit on my ass (sorry but he does) and earn six figures

I'm a Listener
    Unemployed or minimum wage job, mental health issues

Panacea to your melancholy

A. Cut down on sugar
    B. Take up running
    C. Go on a date

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

Laughing uncontrollably because someone said "pulled off" and "floury baps" in relation to the ridiculous ham sandwich competition. Infantile. He was like a schoolboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I only heard the first hour yesterday but either I'm mellowing or Ray is growing on me. In fairness, he tried to counter the 'My grandad will be heartbroken, Ray' texts from the peeps who clearly can't be bothered taking Grandad to the pub to watch the relevant GAA games.
    And while I thought lovely Ciaran may ultimately regret airing his dilemma on the national airwaves, I thought Ray treated him with dignity and as just another bloke he might be able to help. As we all know, Ray loves being the guy who helps people out...

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

I always find it strange that Dr Raymond D'Arcy does the morning papers all on his own for 15 to 20 mins.
    Surely it would be better if Will Hanafin or Cupid Kelly come in and have a discussion instead of Raymond rambling on and on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Radio in the car was left tuned to Today FM this morning from last night, I was unfortunate to catch Darcy talking about the Shatter bomb hoax incident, he continued on to call it serendipitous. I'm not quite sure he understands the usage of the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

Another misery slot. Even better for Ray it involves kids. Cue the 6ft truckers in tears and the mammys in the kitchen clutching their kids with tears streaming down their faces. Guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Radio in the car was left tuned to Today FM this morning from last night, I was unfortunate to catch Darcy talking about the Shatter bomb hoax incident, he continued on to call it serendipitous. I'm not quite sure he understands the usage of the word.

I don't know in what context Ray was using the term but if it was to do with the package being found on the same day as the vote of no confidence well then it does make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

Heckler wrote: »
    Another misery slot. Even better for Ray it involves kids. Cue the 6ft truckers in tears and the mammys in the kitchen clutching their kids with tears streaming down their faces. Guaranteed.
    or dancing around the kitchen in tears!

PIORUN wrote: »
    or dancing around the kitchen in tears!

William Hanafin and Cupid Kelly really need to start making up new texts that they pass on to Raymond

• Subscribers Posts: 41,586 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Again forced to switch from Today FM this morning.

This show hasn't been "light entertainment" for years. Does he not understand that a mid morning show should be light hearted and fun? I think he fancies the show as some radio version of the "late late show" where it covers everything in irish society.

Im afraid Ray is suffering from "elder parent" syndrome in which he sees disaster and harm in everything he hears about. Everything now tugs at his heart strings and he feels a necessity to broadcast this to the nation. I go to work in the morning, its tough enough to deal with without listening to stories of children dying of cancer, cot deaths, fatal foetal abnormalities, not compatible with life terminations... etc etc.

I wouldnt mind these sections infrequently, they serve a useful purpose to inform and shock, but the frequency at which they are now being broadcast serve only to numb the listeners..... completely counter productive if you ask me.

no longer light entertainment..... its depressing, condesending and puerile radio.

OMG here we go again!!!

Sonia O Sulllivan and RUNNING a race on Sunday!!! Ye are all right! Its sick children..running....every single day! What are the producers doing? Who calls the shots? Its just unreal. Every single day there is a misery slot and every single day something about running! I lost my daughter to cancer..........I know all about the sadness of it......but we dont need to hear it every day. Its personal and private. As for this running ........what the HELL??

SYDTHEBEAT is right - it numbs you when you're exposed on a daily basis to the same stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Again forced to switch from Today FM this morning.

This show hasn't been "light entertainment" for years. Does he not understand that a mid morning show should be light hearted and fun? I think he fancies the show as some radio version of the "late late show" where it covers everything in irish society.

Im afraid Ray is suffering from "elder parent" syndrome in which he sees disaster and harm in everything he hears about. Everything now tugs at his heart strings and he feels a necessity to broadcast this to the nation. I go to work in the morning, its tough enough to deal with without listening to stories of children dying of cancer, cot deaths, fatal foetal abnormalities, not compatible with life terminations... etc etc.

I wouldnt mind these sections infrequently, they serve a useful purpose to inform and shock, but the frequency at which they are now being broadcast serve only to numb the listeners..... completely counter productive if you ask me.

no longer light entertainment..... its depressing, condesending and puerile radio.

Bang on Syd and excellently put,sums up the whole show

Dr Raymond is clearly obsessed with running and exercise. He said the other day that he's currently eating carrot sticks with hummus as a snack. Cupid Kelly told him to get a grip.
    When Tom and Kate have their birthday parties, instead of cupcakes and orange D'Arcy will be feeding them all plates of broccoli and coconut water.

Instead of playing pass the parcel or pin the tail on the donkey Raymond will have all the kids doing laps of his back garden and then doing press ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

It was great to hear Sonia speak about Atlanta so frankly, at the risk of sounding like a six foot ten trucker there were almost tears in my eyes when I recalled that time, the nightclubs in Cork stopped and showed the race on the big screen, it was like a big party waiting for the Gold medal (it was Sunday night if memory serves me right). Sydney almost made up for it but the Gold would have been fitting, inspirational is the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Anyone else here the segment about the dog that was used as bait in a dog fight? I mean, obviously that's horrific and should be dealt with by the media. But not at 9:30am on a Thursday morning with indepth descriptions of the poor dogs horrific injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Anyone else here the segment about the dog that was used as bait in a dog fight? I mean, obviously that's horrific and should be dealt with by the media. But not at 9:30am on a Thursday morning with indepth descriptions of the poor dogs horrific injuries
    why not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

why not?

It's supposed to be light-mid morning radio that's why.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement