Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Odd how Ray wasn't giggling childlishly at the texts in mentioning Fassbender's flute. Also, the phrase "she gave me one" was mentioned in a text this morning and he didn't take advantage of the double-entendre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Missed the show this morning. Did D'arsey mention the IFTAS debacle or did he try and justify it seeing as he would be brown noseing with a lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Missed the show this morning. Did D'arsey mention the IFTAS debacle or did he try and justify it seeing as he would be brown noseing with a lot of them.

Never mentioned them

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Missed the show this morning. Did D'arsey mention the IFTAS debacle or did he try and justify i seeing as he would be brown noseing with a lot of them.

Only the first hour of the show , not so much giving out about them himself but reading out the negative texts sent in from "genuine listeners" like all his texts are!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

With Gift doing the Iftas this morning, Mario did everyone except Dr. Raymond.
    Now I'm convinced Mario has had his knuckles rapped about taking the great man off .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Not really cutting edge radio so. Not much different from RTE at the end of the day.

I've been told not to ask you about your faith but I feel I have to!! He makes this same mistake in nearly all his interviews!

A monkey would have learned by now to stop repeating his mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

I've been told not to ask you about your faith but I feel I have to!! He makes this same mistake in nearly all his interviews!

A monkey would have learned by now to stop repeating his mistakes.

Oh the irony :D !!!

Ahh thats not fair, there was a double post from MW when i posted !

Shelflife wrote: »
    Oh the irony :D !!!

Ahh thats not fair, there was a double post from MW when i posted !

Prove it ;-) goddamn phone....!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

that story about the nice ring...could have been told much funnier if they stopped giggling after every word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

More giggling yesterday when a guy he was speaking to about soloing a football for 13 miles (:eek:) said the word "balls"....Hilarious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Does anyone else listening via the UPC tv package find Today FM way louder than the other radio stations?:confused:

Ray reading out texts,"I fell asleep in the from row at the Belgian grand prix....I fell asleep in the front row at the Belgian grand prix, that's the same one again"

Why keep repeating yourself Raymond!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ray reading out texts,"I fell asleep in the from row at the Belgian grand prix....I fell asleep in the front row at the Belgian grand prix, that's the same one again"

Why keep repeating yourself Raymond!

Well you keep repeating yourself every day.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Well you keep repeating yourself every day.

No I don't, no I don't .

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Just seen that Des Bishop was on.........................again:rolleyes::rolleyes:,glad I missed him..

Don't suppose he said who funds these years off he takes to learn new languages to be unfunny in ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Does anyone else listening via the UPC tv package find Today FM way louder than the other radio stations?:confused:

Turn it down?

mikep wrote: »
    Jeebas...stop talking about obsheen, they might get her back on...about as funny as dog turd on your shoe..
    I blame D'Arcy for her existence in the public eye..I recently read one of her IT articles, and I thought she couldn't get worse... :eek:

BTW crazygerry, did you also txt your post to the show..it was read out!

Which one? The one about the rat?

Ray asked who the sheikh was at the dinner with the Queen and Michael d this morning.
    I texted in saying it was a Saudi prince named al suq akqweer.
    I was praying he d read it out.

The one about the rat..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Today's show was very, very good IMO.

Enjoyed listening to the girl on about her accent, the guy with the cars in Russia and another segment which completely has dropped out of my brain. Perfect light entertainment, bit of craic, s'all I want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Today's show was very, very good IMO.

Enjoyed listening to the girl on about her accent, the guy with the cars in Russia and another segment which completely has dropped out of my brain. Perfect light entertainment, bit of craic, s'all I want.
    The Russian thing was great! As was the singing priest yesterday! Great radio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

MrMac84 wrote: »
    The Russian thing was great! As was the singing priest yesterday! Great radio

The singing priest really was great - he even managed to sidestep Ray's question of; 'So, you're a parish priest? So do you have anybody under you...fnarr'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

The singing priest really was great - he even managed to sidestep Ray's question of; 'So, you're a parish priest? So do you have anybody under you...fnarr'
    I heard that. Think he asked him twice.
    Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

BaZmO* wrote: »
    In fairness, it's a well known saying. Men double, women halve.

Which would one value more highly - a key which can open 5/6/7? locks or a lock which which can be opened by 5/6/7? keys?

The key might might double its number - the lock might halve its number!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I can't listen to anymore running, marathons, healthy eating. It gives me the mad munchies to head to the chipper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Just found it weird that Dempsey apologised live on air for running late for Ray twice this week...

i would have assumed it happens from time to time in radio and surely he has nothing to apologise for? also he could just apologise to him after going to ads/news rather than wasting more time on air? :confused:

madmaggie wrote: »
    I can't listen to anymore running, marathons, healthy eating. It gives me the mad munchies to head to the chipper.

If you run to the chipper and tell them all about your klids, you'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Ray's question of; 'So, you're a parish priest? So do you have anybody under you...fnarr'

What is that suppose to mean?

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Just found it weird that Dempsey apologised live on air for running late for Ray twice this week...

i would have assumed it happens from time to time in radio and surely he has nothing to apologise for? also he could just apologise to him after going to ads/news rather than wasting more time on air? :confused:

Maybe it's just good manners. It's not just today fm.rte guys do it news talk most of them do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Neeson wrote: »
    What is that suppose to mean?

Sorry - given Ray's love of double entendres, I thought it was a reference to, er, a sex act. If not, it was a pretty random question to apply to a priest. I would have thought 'priestly small talk' comprised topics such as, 'how many people do you minister to? Do you get many weddings?' Supposing Ray asked the question in all seriousness, isn't it a bit weird that he cut straight to the matter of 'How many people do you get to boss around, Father?'
    Mebbe it was just because he couldn't ask the priest how many kids he has...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement