Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Just found it weird that Dempsey apologised live on air for running late for Ray twice this week...

i would have assumed it happens from time to time in radio and surely he has nothing to apologise for? also he could just apologise to him after going to ads/news rather than wasting more time on air? :confused:

Ian Dempsey should have apologised for having the cheek to interview Irish rugby "legend" (they all seem to be these days?) Paul O Connell just before the Ray D'Arcy Show. Ian never played rugby, isn't friends with the Dorce and Drico and wouldn't know a rugby ball if it hit him in the face.

Shame on you Today FM for not allowing Ray Nugent, I mean Ryle D'Arcy, I mean Ray D'Arcy interview the great man.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I've always wondered why they go to another question when the previous one is answered incorrectly during the quiz tie-breaker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

lambayire wrote: »
    I've always wondered why they go to another question when the previous one is answered incorrectly during the quiz tie-breaker?

That quiz was an absolute shambles this morning. Ray kept saying, "we've never done this before, and we probably won't do it again.." But it was a very bog-standard radio quiz and he made an absolute mess of it.

They should just do standard sudden-death rules. Not mess around with buzzers, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

aoyone know who the engaged couple were, just caught the end of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Only 2 slots about running today.

Ray is slipping up.

I suppose dropping the old, stale Odd One Out quiz and replacing the 8 or so minutes a show it used to take up daily with Kate, Tom and running talk wont get stale or old at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

aoyone know who the engaged couple were, just caught the end of it?
    I think they met at one of the single events 4 years ago and are getting married next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

score for cupid kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

just heard a promo with ray who must be thrilled with himself. 4 shows starting friday on modern families and parenting. today fm giving into their presenters little pet projects and hobbies now.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,586 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

score for cupid kelly

Not really, it was a group event and both went in others places.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Jaysus that Paul Ronan has made a career for himself out of his daugher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

baldbear wrote: »
    it's fine once or twice, but it's totally obvious now....

no he hasnt

he has his own decent acting career both on screen and in theatre well before saoirse was famous.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    no he hasnt

he has his own decent acting career both on screen and in theatre well before saoirse was famous.
    would be nice to hear from the wife sometimes

would be nice to hear from the wife sometimes

?

the wife doesnt have a public profile........

or have you got your eye on her ;)

sydthebeat wrote: »
    ?

the wife doesnt have a public profile........

or have you got your eye on her ;)
    i'd like to have an eye on her, yer man is always in the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Fair play to him. Play the hand you are dealt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Interviewing child actors, and then goes on to list child actors who starred big films.............and never acted again, way to go ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Enjoyed the two lads from Moone Boy and the comedian (can't remember his name).

Was funny when Ray asked "Is that the wife?" and then the obvious "Jaysus she's fit." part that followed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

Someone texts in and asks him to play Joy is a lion. He says they must have meant Joan as police woman. Idiot. Never mind both are ****e and hes being playing Joan as police woman all week so he'd probably love Joy is a lion.

Tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Heckler wrote: »
    Someone texts in and asks him to play Joy is a lion. He says they must have meant Joan as police woman. Idiot. Never mind both are ****e and hes being playing Joan as police woman all week so he'd probably love Joy is a lion.

Tool.

Superb and insightful analysis of the show:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Credit when it's due, he's maintaining a calm head and asking reasonable questions without cutting across. He's well capable when he doesn't indulge in the show boating and dramatics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Credit when it's due, he's maintaining a calm head and asking reasonable questions without cutting across. He's well capable when he doesn't indulge in the show boating and dramatics

I agree, that was an excellent interview with Joan Burton with the right tone for the show, didn't grill her overly but didn't let her off too lightly either. A good balance I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

ivytwine wrote: »
    I agree, that was an excellent interview with Joan Burton with the right tone for the show, didn't grill her overly but didn't let her off too lightly either. A good balance I thought.

Agreed, and his way of dealing with her, she came across as someone who actually gives a crap rather than just reeling off party answers. And when he had a point to make, he made it and gave her time to answer, and kept her guided to the point. Was an interesting listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I have to add, I was delighted to hear that they raised the 500k for Laura Lynn. That's a great cause, and not one I'd like to have to use the services of, but they do great work for families.

Maybe, just maybe in this instance we can forgive his little penchant for talking about kids and families :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

RachaelVO wrote: »
    I have to add, I was delighted to hear that they raised the 500k for Laura Lynn. That's a great cause, and not one I'd like to have to use the services of, but they do great work for families.

Maybe, just maybe in this instance we can forgive his little penchant for talking about kids and families :)
    Absolutely. And it's no mean feat organising a race of that size. There are a lot of logistics involved and a lot of work required behind the scenes. He has done a great service to a great charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

RachaelVO wrote: »

Agree entirely, great cause and he really drove it and every cent going to Laura Lynn. Hopefully it can ease an impossible burden for some child or family. The man has done something great here and going by his shave or dye campaign I have no doubt he'll go bigger next year! No problem listening to running segments or anything else for a result like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

To be fair to him I think he did a cracking job with the Joan Burton interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Was like the old days today on the show light hearted at times but serious when needed with out going OTT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

ncmc wrote: »
    Absolutely. And it's no mean feat organising a race of that size. There are a lot of logistics involved and a lot of work required behind the scenes. He has done a great service to a great charity.

I agree with you but the whole show is based on running ,cancer and kids, obesity ,being unhealthy and running again. There is not one day goes by that he doesn't mention running.not one! He ran into work or jenny did 5k yesterday or he got wet running in to work.kate ran to school tom ran to the shop. Ffs
    That! if you listen every day, is nauseatiingly boring.
    And then the half million marathon on top of that, its ****e.
    I'm not against doing stuff for charity its his radio show that should change or be more varied.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 jedi1997

I had to tune out the Darcy last few weeks, good to hear his interviewing is improving
    ....it's just listening which is a skill in itself. I am no expert but know good radio when I hear it.

He just needs to stop preaching and build from there.

Great interviews with Howard Stern last week this was the best : )
    I love this guy so much, radio gold.

He does 6 interviews a week I guess and you can tell he researchs before talking to everyone of them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement