Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I thought the show was good alright, including the interview with Roy. Although, it kind of annoyed me that Ray was making a big deal about getting nervous before the interview, even telling Roy that he was nervous. :rolleyes:
    How long is he doing this job? It's a bit ridiculous that he still gets starstruck after all these years, or at the very least he shouldn't be banging on about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is the interview with Roy worth listening to. Where does it stand on the Darcy Cringe-Good interview scale?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

"as i was running around Cork". Christ Darcy go out and have a steak and a few pints ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

BPKS wrote: »
    Moderator: comment removed by user.

Feckit your a hard man calling Cadogan that on an internet forum, is it his Cork accent that bothers you?? If I called you that I'd be looking at a ban. The guy is an absolute gentleman and one of the hardest working and most professional athletes in any sport in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Really enjoyable show today. Thought the Roy Keane interview was very well done, but it went on a bit too long IMO. For a show that was meant to be there to raise money for the Guide Dogs they spent half the morning talking about Keane.

Still, all in all a very good show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Feckit your a hard man calling Cadogan that on an internet forum, is it his Cork accent that bothers you?? If I called you that I'd be looking at a ban. The guy is an absolute gentleman and one of the hardest working and most professional athletes in any sport in this country.

Missed that inter view. Though t roy s one was very good. Who's eoin cadogan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Missed that inter view. Though t roy s one was very good. Who's eoin cadogan?

I didn't hear it today so I can't comment. Eoin Cadogan is a Cork footballer and hurler who speaks with a fairly thick Cork accent, I've met him very briefly a couple of times through friends and anybody that knows him has only good things to say about him. He's dedicated his life to making the most of whatever talent he has and is a perfect role model for kids in Cork and elsewhere.
    Some anonymous guy on a forum gets his kicks calling him a class A xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Original post deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

Jesus that was excruciating, Pauline McLynn is painful never mind her and Ray humming the Eastenders tune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

This is an amazing interview with Philomena Lee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Rough story and fair play he's letting them talk, normally ray would use this as an excuse to hammer the Catholic church and maybe in this instance with good cause, but this seems to be a well organised and thought out interview. An amazing story and he's giving it the respect it merits. Well done Raymond

David McSavage, oh yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

David McSavage, oh yes.
    i bet ray says "awkward" 5 times

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

i bet ray says "awkward" 5 times

D'arcy interviewing McSavage is pure car crash radio, the former being a poor interviewer and the latter a perennially malcontented world weary interviewee.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hunkydory1

Anyone know the name of the Paolo Nutini track played on this mornings show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

hunkydory1 wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the Paolo Nutini track played on this mornings show?

'Better Man' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hunkydory1

TY!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

McSavage on yesterday and also what seems to be about four or five weeks ago, Tiernan on today, and was he not on only a few weeks ago?

Oh, and Ray "does a bit of Yoga"

• Site Banned Posts: 21 King of Pork

It's tough going

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Really enjoyed Tommy Tiernan. He's always a bit of craic unlike a lot of the comedians he has on. Laughed hard when he was pretending to snore at D'Arcy's story and then D'Arcy did the same thing. :pac:

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Tommy Tiernan. He's always a bit of craic unlike a lot of the comedians he has on. Laughed hard when he was pretending to snore at D'Arcy's story and then D'Arcy did the same thing. :pac:

The week I started my current job I was on my travels listening to the radio. Ray was interviewing Tommy Tiernan, for the first time I think. They were talking and Tommy said something along the lines of "Ray, I was listening the other day and you said something along the lines of 'Text us if your in a shop, whats that about'".
    Ray got all thick about it, saying no such remark was ever said on his show and the interview turned very awkward. It was very funny got all Tiernan did then was take the total p1ss out of him.

Tommy Tiernan obviously doesn't mind Ray going by their latest chats. Unlike David McSavage, in fairness though I doubt he likes anybody.

The week I started my current job I was on my travels listening to the radio. Ray was interviewing Tommy Tiernan, for the first time I think. They were talking and Tommy said something along the lines of "Ray, I was listening the other day and you said something along the lines of 'Text us if your in a shop, whats that about'".
    Ray got all thick about it, saying no such remark was ever said on his show and the interview turned very awkward. It was very funny got all Tiernan did then was take the total p1ss out of him.
    I think you're having a bit of a selective memory with that one. I remember hearing it at the time and it was all just a bit of craic. Tommy went on to take the p1ss saying stuff like, "Text in if you've got hair, text in if you've got a face!"

Tommy Tiernan obviously doesn't mind Ray going by their latest chats. Unlike David McSavage, in fairness though I doubt he likes anybody.
    They've actually good friends. Tommy was at Ray's wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Tommy definitely mentioned the Text us if you are in a shop thing way back when.

lambayire wrote: »
    Tommy definitely mentioned the Text us if you are in a shop thing way back when.

Yeah Tommy said it alright, but Ray didn't get thick about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

They've actually good friends. Tommy was at Ray's wedding.

That is one of Dustin's lines when he lambasts D'Arcy.

"HAVE YOURSELF AND TOMMY MOVED IN TOGETHER YET?!!!
    HAVE YOURSELF AND TOMMY MOVED IN TOGETHER YET?!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I will sponsor d'arcy to stop talking about marathons for 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

How's he looking in the jnlr's? Has he mentioned them?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

For this calender year the Dr D'Arcy Show is down 25,000 listeners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    For this calender year the Dr D'Arcy Show is down 25,000 listeners

'Emigration' still rampant then obviously.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Horse84 wrote: »
    How's he looking in the jnlr's? Has he mentioned them?

He will probably run away with it.................sorry, couldn't resist:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement